2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
shooting is a skill that makes other players on the team better the more of it you have, if everyone is a willing and smart passer. i'm sure they've talked with mullins about how adams and his offball movement can open up time and space for mullins and vice versa. pitch reibe for a jokic sort of hub passer role too.
And you’d have to think Danny feels good about the odds of 3 kids in the draft next year

Reaction Score
Their development of players is different. Music to the ears to hear a recruit’s parent get
Also good to hear that Storrs reminds him of Greenfield. Seems like a kid that doesn’t seek attention, just wants to ball (a bit unlike AL).

Dream class here shaping up to be Adams, Mullins, Bundalo and Reibe. I’m still really hoping we land Eric as I think he’d do so well in the Hurley system.

Reaction Score
Great interview, and great to hear "they can play both together."
But can somebody explain where Ball, Mahaney, and Nowell will be?
I just don't get how Luke explains we are "the best opportunity" for him not sitting.
Maybe play three guards in a five man rotation with two centers and two power forwards rotating?

Reaction Score
Also good to hear that Storrs reminds him of Greenfield. Seems like a kid that doesn’t seek attention, just wants to ball (a bit unlike AL).

Dream class here shaping up to be Adams, Mullins, Bundalo and Reibe. I’m still really hoping we land Eric as I think he’d do so well in the Hurley system.
It’s like Ray Allen says…it’s the perfect location to focus on being a basketball player. A hoops laboratory.

Reaction Score
I just don't get how Luke explains we are "the best opportunity" for him not sitting.
Maybe play three guards in a five man rotation with two centers and two power forwards rotating?
Mahaney and Nowell would presumably be running the point. Mullins and Adams aren’t point guards. Ball is an interesting one for sure.

Reaction Score
Mahaney and Nowell would presumably be running the point. Mullins and Adams aren’t point guards. Ball is an interesting one for sure.
The Lewis recruitment to me was very ambitious as my sense he’s a very on ball combo, with a lean to PG. You’d basically be asking him to sit next year, then swing to the 2 here, as we recruit Adams and Mullins. We should target a great CG/PG in the 2026 to groom alongside Nowell, and to blend into the rotation.

Interesting point in the Tom Moore podcast is around how the staff looks to structure their roster. It generally confirms the blue print we’ve discussed here on the BY between a core developmental group to carry culture, a frosh class with 1 5 star and topping off gaps with the portal.

Reaction Score
There's 120 minutes between the 1, 2, 3 spots. That's plenty of minutes to split between the 5 of them plus the wings splitting time at the 3/4 spots

Reaction Score

You figure it out, for better or worse, when it all comes together. The nature of the sport now is you have to get as much as talent as you can because rosters are so fluid.

Reaction Score
There's 120 minutes between the 1, 2, 3 spots. That's plenty of minutes to split between the 5 of them plus the wings splitting time at the 3/4 spots
Is it?

Nowell
Mahaney
Adams
Ball
Ross
Mullins

20 minutes per, which isn’t a bad. The only promise you can make is that you’d get PT earned, and have a spot in the rotation. My sense is that a kid like Mullins has a chance to get anywhere between 15-25 minutes at the 2/3 depending on how things land.

Presuming Abraham and Stew get the majority of minutes at the 4 (and we’re still recruiting Bundalo).

Reaction Score
Is it?

Nowell
Mahaney
Adams
Ball
Ross
Mullins

20 minutes per, which isn’t a bad. The only promise you can make is that you’d get PT earned, and have a spot in the rotation. My sense is that a kid like Mullins has a chance to get anywhere between 15-25 minutes at the 2/3 depending on how things land.

Presuming Abraham and Stew get the majority of minutes at the 4 (and we’re still recruiting Bundalo).
Yes, there's a reason we're recruiting both guys and it's because the coaches know everyone you listed isn't guaranteed to be on the roster

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Interview with Mullins dad - some interesting stuff in here.

TDH: Tell me the current thinking about all three finalists.

Josh Mullins — “Indiana is close, so that’s one thing that stands out. I’ve known Jordan Hulls for a long time. Calbert (Cheaney), Brian Walsh and (Mike) Woodson, all those guys are great. IU is not a far drive at all, so that’s a comfort thing for Braylon too. Indiana is Indiana, man. Being from the state, playing for the state, that means a lot.

“But he’s also told me that he doesn’t care if he went 12 hours away. When you got to Storrs, Conn., it’s small. He was like ‘Hey this is like Greenfield.’ Sometimes Braylon is cool with being a rock star on the court but no so much off the court. UConn is kind of that way, and they’ve done a great job, they’re back-to-back champs. Their development of players is different.
I read everything with the bluest colored glasses, but when you combine this with Braylon’s recent comments it just seems so simple. The choice comes down to how seriously he is taking his basketball career. It’s become the best player I can be (UConn) vs. be close to my family/hometown hero (IU). And it seems like the staff has done an incredible job demonstrating the differentiation UConn offers.

I also really think that if the family are IU fans, they have to be aware of the pitfalls of Woodson and his system. You also cannot be a fan of that team and be unaware that Woodson’s seat is hot. And Woodson has already promised to adapt his system in prior years and not delivered. IU is a leap of faith, UConn is a proven commodity.

Reaction Score
Even with Tristen Newton we didn't have just one guy initiating the offense. We didn't look like Shabazz and Taliek UConn teams when everything was run by the PG.

This is why I think all these players can co-exist playing 2 or 3 guards at the same time, and even Karaban and maybe McNeely will run the offense this year, who knows about next year.

You do need one unshakeable ball handler though.

Reaction Score
Even with Tristen Newton we didn't have just one guy initiating the offense. We didn't look like Shabazz and Taliek UConn teams when everything was run by the PG.

This is why I think all these players can co-exist playing 2 or 3 guards at the same time, and even Karaban and maybe McNeely will run the offense this year, who knows about next year.

You do need one unshakeable ball handler though.
3 impactful guards is needed to win in March Most of the great UCONN teams had 3

Rip-KEA-Ricky
Taleik-Ben-Rashad
Kemba-Lamb-Shabazz
Newton-Hawkins-Jackson
Newton-Spencer-Castle

The teams that were our best non champs, 05-06 and 08-09 were missing that 3rd guard. Price in 05, Dyson in 08

Mahaney-Nowell-Mullins-Adams would make us a damn good team especially if we pull in a big to add to Reed and Abraham.

If I had to choose 3 of 4, I would go with one guard and two big men (4 & 5) You can’t coach size and can always pick up a vet G in the portal to assist young Gs

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If Ball ends up the guy for us this year I can see him playing himself into the lottery.

Reaction Score
North Carolina on 10/4.
Also, he added a ninth school to his Top 8 - Kansas.
Wonder if that is a hedge by KS against Reibe choosing UConn over Kansas, I realize they are different players, but players are players

Reaction Score
Acknowledging Adams and still being in the final 3 is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear from the Mullins camp. I really appreciate posting this report, because it allows me to be much more excited about Darius' expected commitment, knowing it does not blow away our chances with Mullins. Excellent news that makes the morning coffee particularly enjoyable. Hopefully, Adams will be the bird in the hand and we can have a real hope of crushing it by getting Mullins too.

Reaction Score
I hear you on McNeeley. I try not to count on his leaving as a definite thing. I hear what people are saying about the draft next year, but he hasn't even played a game yet, a lot can happen in a season. I know he is a good player, I just don't know how good. Castle last year had an upwards trajectory that I could follow and watch as he played better, using more of his talent and athleticism. I am sure the same will hold true for McNeeley.
Yeah, but DH has seen him play, and he thinks that he is an OAD!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
From scrub time trey chucker to the lottery?
I expect a Jordan Hawkins leap now that he’ll have a clear role and playing time. I’m more optimistic about it after hearing the consistent practice reports.

It’s not his fault we were loaded at guard last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom