2025 Recruiting: - Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Braylon Mullins discusses his recruitment, timeline

Reaction Score
From scrub time trey chucker to the lottery?
I rewatched the North Carolina game last week before all of this Solo looks good talk and was surprised at how good he played. Could definitely see him playing himself into the first round of this years draft like Castle. I more expecting him to play himself into the second round than first round but if you watch that game, anything is possible with him.

Reaction Score
I rewatched the North Carolina game last week before all of this Solo looks good talk and was surprised at how good he played. Could definitely see him playing himself into the first round of this years draft like Castle. I more expecting him to play himself into the second round than first round but if you watch that game, anything is possible with him.
I could too but he needs to play more like the guy from early in the season that shot threes and drove to the basket.

Reaction Score

This is pretty cool. Hopefully some solid bonding going on.

As for Solo going lottery - have come to realize all the Husky endorphins can make some of us get ahead of ourselves, but very unlikely. He is a special athlete so not impossible.

Reaction Score
I could too but he needs to play more like the guy from early in the season that shot threes and drove to the basket.
I'm guessing he has been in an intensive "how Solo will play this year" camp this fall

Reaction Score
From the Wootten 150 this weekend.

2. Mullins maximizes his opportunities
Braylon Mullins didn't necessarily get the number of looks he should have to start, so he set himself apart with his defensive tenacity, and by going to the offensive glass. In the evening session, he caught fire from behind the arc during the three-on-three session and threw down a powerful dunk in transition to cap an efficient overall performance.

Reaction Score
From the Wootten 150 this weekend.

2. Mullins maximizes his opportunities
Braylon Mullins didn't necessarily get the number of looks he should have to start, so he set himself apart with his defensive tenacity, and by going to the offensive glass. In the evening session, he caught fire from behind the arc during the three-on-three session and threw down a powerful dunk in transition to cap an efficient overall performance.

Exactly what you want to hear. Let the other kids play selfish ball; do the things that get you noticed by college coaches

Reaction Score
Good to see Darius tearing it up on the eve of his announcement. Will show guys like Braylon and Reibe who they can be playing with, and why UConn. Also some nice stuff on other targets like Bundalo.

This gent seems sending through some videos on the action:

Reaction Score
assuming we get Adams, also getting Mullins would mean 1 of 2 scenarios in 2026:
1) Aidan is our starting PG, or
2) Aidan is our starting SG (meaning Ball comes off the bench as a junior and Adams is our 3rd string SG...)

scenario 2 just isnt realistic. i really like scenario 1 but it means if we get Mullins then we should expect Aidan to split PG duties w/ Diarra and Nowell this year. Stew/Bundalo/Reibe dont impact these scenarios so i'm just using Stew as a PF placeholder.

2026 scenario 1:
Aidan / Nowell
Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Stew / Abraham
Reed / Singare

2026 scenario 2:
Nowell / ???
Aidan / Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Stew / Abraham
Reed / Singare

Last edited:
Reaction Score
assuming we get Adams, also getting Mullins would mean 1 of 2 scenarios in 2026:
2) Aidan is our starting SG (meaning Ball comes off the bench as a junior and Adams is our 3rd string SG...)

scenario 2 just isnt realistic. i really like scenario 1 but it means if we get Mullins then we should expect Aidan to split PG duties w/ Diarra and Nowell this year. Stew/Bundalo/Reibe dont impact these scenarios so i'm just using Stew as a PF placeholder.

2026 scenario 1:
Aidan / Nowell
Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Stew / Abraham
Reed / Singare

2026 scenario 2:
Nowell / ???
Aidan / Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Stew / Abraham
Reed / Singare
Impossible to speculate on the roster a year from now

Reaction Score
Impossible to speculate on the roster a year from now
so you (and others) think the staff is blindly guessing about who's going to be on the team in 2026 or even 2027? that only kinda works for calamari b/c he operates under the assumption everyone is a O&D.

roster construction is one of our staffs biggest strengths so i 100% guarantee that they arent just throwing darts at recruits and hoping they fit perfectly into the projected roster next year and the year after, at least

Last edited:

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
so you (and others) think the staff is blindly guessing about who's going to be on the team in 2026 or even 2027? that only kinda works for calamari b/c he operates under the assumption everyone is a O&D.

i 100% guarantee that our staff is not just throwing darts at recruits and hoping they fit into the projected roster next year and the year after, at least
He may simply believe that folks on the boneyard are blindly guessing. It's seems to be a red herring to interpret his statement as a criticism that the staff has no idea about the future: clearly they would have some idea of how future rosters would fit together.

Reaction Score
He may simply believe that folks on the boneyard are blindly guessing. It's seems to be a red herring to interpret his statement as a criticism that the staff has no idea about the future: clearly they would have some idea of how future rosters would fit together.
well that's what he said. but if you or he or anyone else disagrees with posters' roster projections then feel free to explain why, it's a message board after all. nothing wrong w/ making educated guesses based on perceived likelihoods and then having debates about them.

Reaction Score

roster construction is one of our staffs biggest strengths so i 100% guarantee that they arent just throwing darts at recruits and hoping they fit perfectly into the projected roster next year and the year after, at least
The staff wouldn’t be speculating. As they have first hand information and know where these guys are at in their development.

You and I on the other hand have none of this information and therefore would be speculating. It makes little sense to speculate on the roster a year from now before a game has even been played in this transfer portal era of CBB.

Reaction Score
The staff wouldn’t be speculating. As they have first hand information and know where these guys are at in their development.

You and I on the other hand have none of this information and therefore would be speculating. It makes little sense to speculate on the roster a year from now before a game has even been played in this transfer portal era of CBB.
cant argue w/ any of that except for it needing to make sense, passing the time during the offseason is a good enough reason imo

Reaction Score
Didn’t the NCAA recently approve expanding rosters to 15? When does that change occur? I believe it was for 25-26 season so we will have plenty of roster space if Hurley chooses to increase the roster size.

Reaction Score

2026 scenario 1:
Aidan / Nowell
Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Stew / Abraham
Reed / Singare

2026 scenario 2:
Nowell / ???
Aidan / Ball / Adams*
Mullins* / Ross
Stew / Abraham
Reed / Singare
The thing about Nowell is that I have a feeling you’re really going to need him in on those games (last year for example - against Kansas or Creighton) when the opponent is defending well, and you need somebody to get a bucket. He’s a guy strong enough to create his shot and open up for others in the rare games the offensive system isn’t getting it done.

awy

Reaction Score
they are doing the positionless thing with their multiple level plays so on most possessions there'll be many people handling the ball. the typical point guard role is more of a failsafe. getting more players who can handle the ball and have 'point guard skills' isn't as redundant as it can be in a more traditional offense. it does add value.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom