Bowl math | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Bowl math

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

I'm not going to be picky about a bowl but I really hope we get a weekend one. Any of those December 17 ones that we were being projected for. 3:00 on a Friday, the week before XMas? Yikes for getting off work

Reaction Score
This is I think where we stand right now, if everyone below the bolded line loses, we get an automatic berth. Make note that either Ball St/Miami (OH) are also guarenteed to lose.

View attachment 80875
Updated the spreadsheet with the latest DraftKings odds of each game. Looks like 12/17 5 win teams are underdogs and 9/17 are heavy underdogs (+200 or greater). Appears Vegas likes our chances at getting the necessary losses to guarentee that bowl.
1669039917406.png

Reaction Score
OK, what makes you think ESPN "hates" us? they don't hate us, they ONLY like those teams that they perceive will benefit ESPN. That's it, there is no focus to screw us over, if they can find a path that will increase their bottom line, that is the path they will take. It is OUR job to show them they were wrong, that are value is greater than they thought....So win games, go to Bowls, drive eyeballs to content and they will come back to us...
Right ……… and Megan Fox is actually a dude.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Miami is home. Pitt's QB can be decent or awful. Izzy may miss game due to injury, I like Miami's chances for the upset.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As a 6-6 independent, we can't be picky. I don't really want to play GASO as they are on next years schedule, nor do I really want to play a no win game vs GAST.

No bowl game is going to allow a seasonal rematch. Anyone predicting that isn't worth reading.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Miami is home. Pitt's QB can be decent or awful. Izzy may miss game due to injury, I like Miami's chances for the upset.
I'll be watching that one live after an awesome tailgate at Hard Rock. My daughter lives in Fort Lauderdale, and this will be our second Thanksgiving week down there with a Miami game/tailgate in the mix. She even sent me a nice Hurricanes polo.
The tailgate scene there is pretty crazy. Big Latin beats, crazy partying. Sure better than the tailgate/party scene at Michie this past weekend. West Point is a beautiful school with incredible scenery, but the stadium....meh. And no beer inside? Meh. Oh....and running out of beer at the two beer stands (outside the gates) by halftime? Unbelievable. Apparently they put football before beer there...maybe that's why they won.
I know there is the core anti-Rentschler group here, but we have it pretty good.

Reaction Score

I don't see why a bowl would choose that match-up. They beat us up pretty good and while we're a better team than we were a that point in the season I don't think folks would see this as a competitive game.

That said, the Orange have a 6-0 and then 0-6 season on their hands if BC can upset them this weekend. That will put Dino back squarely in the hot seat. Neither the Orange or BC have been competitive in the ACC for quite some time.

Reaction Score
Syracuse would likely destroy us. Maybe we can still sneak into the Fenway Bowl if the likely candidates decide to pass on it,

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think any MAC team would be a good test. App State would also be a nice game. We've already played Marshall.

AAC would be OK and a tough game. A P5 would be unlikely unless it's local.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i've felt, for a long while, that the Independence Bowl is where we'd end up -harmonic convergence an all that. however, after learning that there is something called the jimmy kimmel bowl, well im out on the math, which is usually our friend.
sasparilla bowl?
gastrointestinal bowl?

im sticking with the Any Bowl. even Tidy Bowl.
i got a big foam finger, and im gonna use it. do they let u bring those on the plane?

Reaction Score
I'll be watching that one live after an awesome tailgate at Hard Rock. My daughter lives in Fort Lauderdale, and this will be our second Thanksgiving week down there with a Miami game/tailgate in the mix. She even sent me a nice Hurricanes polo.
The tailgate scene there is pretty crazy. Big Latin beats, crazy partying. Sure better than the tailgate/party scene at Michie this past weekend. West Point is a beautiful school with incredible scenery, but the stadium....meh. And no beer inside? Meh. Oh....and running out of beer at the two beer stands (outside the gates) by halftime? Unbelievable. Apparently they put football before beer there...maybe that's why they won.
I know there is the core anti-Rentschler group here, but we have it pretty good.
The RENT is a much better facility from a fan's perspective than Army's home field. Its next to impossible to leave your seat, go to a food/beverage stand, and get back to your seat in time for the start of the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom