Bouknight needs to have a great second half of this game if he wants to be remembered as a great Husky. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight needs to have a great second half of this game if he wants to be remembered as a great Husky.

Reaction Score
I doubt it happens but Bouknight needs to return for his junior year. He has NBA talent but lacks an NBA body
Stop. Name one top 8 pick who has returned in the last 30 years not called tim Duncan.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I doubt it happens but Bouknight needs to return for his junior year. He has NBA talent but lacks an NBA body
Needs swagger, too. But maybe he finds that somewhere. I dunno.

Reaction Score
No probably more like Caron Butler. You may remember him for "leaving too early" then being a top 10 pick then playing in the NBA for 15 years and winning a title
He'll be a high draft pick and would be insane not to leave, but the question is what is his UConn legacy going to be?

As far as winning is concerned, he could be Caron, or he could be Daniel Hamilton.

Reaction Score
Yeah. We know. He severely cramped up in the 1st half of Game 1. Making him ineffective.

Thanks doc. Second half but let's not be picky.

The guy couldn't walk. He was dehydrated and his muscles contracted severely. Asking a lot for him to recover and be in top physical condition in less than 24hours.

Ever watch him play? He looked weak tonight, less athletic. I can pretty much guarantee he will look much different next week

Reaction Score
Thanks doc. Second half but let's not be picky.

The guy couldn't walk. He was dehydrated and his muscles contracted severely. Asking a lot for him to recover and be in top physical condition in less than 24hours.

Ever watch him play? He looked weak tonight, less athletic. I can pretty much guarantee he will look much different next week

Unless he cramps up again.

Reaction Score
Which of our stars were killers as the lead dog as a sophomore? I'm sure some were, but... I'm struggling to think of them.

Caron is probably the best answer. He did win the BET as a soph.

BG and Oak lost in BET as sophs.

Kemba was a junior.

Shabazz was a senior.

Ray lost in BET as a soph.

Reaction Score
Which of our stars were killers as the lead dog as a sophomore? I'm sure some were, but... I'm struggling to think of them.

Kemba was a junior.

Shabazz was a senior.

Hey don’t mention reality and context

Reaction Score

Kemba was a junior.

Shabazz was a senior.

Richard Hamilton, always clutch and money his last two years.

Reaction Score

Kemba was a junior.

Shabazz was a senior.

This also ain’t Kemba’s big east

Just sayin

Reaction Score
The bigger issue is we don’t do enough to get him open. He’s always struggling for space or shooting through immense traffic. Our screens don’t seem to do enough. The kid is busting his butt to get an open shot. He takes some bad shots, definitely did tonight. But we all want the ball in his hands when it matters. Need to get him some lanes.

Reaction Score
He'll be a high draft pick and would be insane not to leave, but the question is what is his UConn legacy going to be?

As far as winning is concerned, he could be Caron, or he could be Daniel Hamilton.
Exactly!

Reaction Score
Here’s the problem: I love Bouk and he’s our best player. Not debatable. The issue with him is he gets pushed around, thrown around, knocked down and physically can’t keep up for 40 minutes (cramping, sucking wind, dead legs, etc). The next level has bigger guys, longer games and is more physical...not for lack of talent, but because of physicality, he needs another year to grow and mature. That said - he’s gone, right call or not.
He will grow 10x faster in the nba. Have seen any rookie vs any upper class men? No comparison.

Reaction Score
While the defense is more spaced out and faster paced...it’s more physical, faster and a longer game. He’s not ready. His game translates to a 10-20 pick instead of the 5-10 right now, unless he steps up big next three week. His stock has def dropped. Again, he’s gone and he can carve out a Jeremy Lamb type career - but he’s not ready IMO. Also, guys “smarter than me” have been wrong plenty of times.
Are you assuming that his stock has dropped or do you have GM friends who have told you that? It takes way more than a bad game or two to drop your stock. If anything he helped himself going out there and giving it his all with the amount of pain he was in.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
If he had Vitals mental makeup we win more. I’ve been looking to blame it on generational softness, but there are still some tough players out there. I can’t tell if he’s soft or just needs to bulk up. Lucky for him, they don’t play D in the NBA til the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Its not rocket science. Bouk has been and will continue to be double-teamed in college-the Tournament. Does he recognize the double team and spray the ball to his open teammates(secondary players) and do they make the D "pay" with made baskets?

Or does he try to do it on his own? Seems like the book on Bouk is to body him on D if you can and disrupt his offensive rhythm.

RJ's value to Bouk is getting him the ball in his spots before the double-team can happen.

Looking forward to some more W's.. One at a time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its not rocket science. Bouk has been and will continue to be double-teamed in college-the Tournament. Does he recognize the double team and spray the ball to his open teammates(secondary players) and do they make the D "pay" with made baskets?

Or does he try to do it on his own? Seems like the book on Bouk is to body him on D if you can and disrupt his offensive rhythm'

RJ's value to Bouk is getting him the ball in his spots before the double-team can happen.

Looking forward to some more W's.. One at a time.
He feels it’s on him to make the play. Would a few more Tyler Polley 3’s take the pressure off or Martin shots falling? Yup. Can’t do this alone.

Reaction Score
He feels it’s on him to make the play. Would a few more Tyler Polley 3’s take the pressure off or Martin shots falling? Yup. Can’t do this alone.
There are times when I think Bouk doesn't think he'll get a return pass from his teammates. Cut to the rim.
.Use screens.. Get open without the ball. Run the baseline .

With reversing the ball and good ball movement (like last GTown game) and making the extra pass. His teammates will find him.

Guessing this will be a teaching moment for DH/staff leading up to our next game.

In Bouk's defense. I don't think he had his legs last night. No explosion-dehydration hangover.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom