Bouknight needs to have a great second half of this game if he wants to be remembered as a great Husky. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bouknight needs to have a great second half of this game if he wants to be remembered as a great Husky.

Reaction Score
Bouk needs help from everyone. But he also doesn't let the game come to him in crucial moments he tries to take it to double teams, misses open players and at times plays out of control. But again, we need a lot from him. They're not afraid of AJ, Gaff, Polley because he's guardable etc etc.. But it's not even this that has bothered me about Bouk it's more his attitude as of late. Whiny, sulky, blames teammates with hands and faces and at times isn't fully locked in on D.

Let's see what he has for the tourney but for now he has some making up to do. It's just me but a star of a "team" doesn't act like he has since returning form the injury. He acts like he deserves more or something I just can't get over it with him.

Reaction Score
There are times when I think Bouk doesn't think he'll get a return pass from his teammates. Cut to the rim.
.Use screens.. Get open without the ball. Run the baseline .

With reversing the ball and good ball movement (like last GTown game) and making the extra pass. His teammates will find him.

Guessing this will be a teaching moment for DH/staff leading up to our next game.

In Bouk's defense. I don't think he had his legs last night. No explosion-dehydration hangover.
No legs, absolutely.

Reaction Score
James and Coach Hurley are going to prove many of the doubters wrong during the NCAAs. This has been a fun season to watch and hopefully we will play our best ball during the tournament.
Very few doubters here on those 2. I bet less than 5%.

Reaction Score
The game ended when Cole went down. That left it all up to Bouk. If he wasn't 100% at the start, one could imagine what he had left at the end. There was no point guard to direct the show at that point. Gaffney still has a way to go. Despite it all, they had 3 chances in the final seconds to tie, but it was not meant to be. Creighton appeared more physical and more poised.

Reaction Score
Bouk needs help from everyone. But he also doesn't let the game come to him in crucial moments he tries to take it to double teams, misses open players and at times plays out of control. But again, we need a lot from him. They're not afraid of AJ, Gaff, Polley because he's guardable etc etc.. But it's not even this that has bothered me about Bouk it's more his attitude as of late. Whiny, sulky, blames teammates with hands and faces and at times isn't fully locked in on D.

Let's see what he has for the tourney but for now he has some making up to do. It's just me but a star of a "team" doesn't act like he has since returning form the injury. He acts like he deserves more or something I just can't get over it with him.
Totally agree with the whiny, body language part. We played our best against DePaul without him frankly. Not saying we are better without him. Just saying something has changed and not for the better.

Reaction Score
And you surely sport a fattier liver than most of us here
So I checked this out online (you can do the same):

In the 2001/02 Season Caron Butler was listed at 6'-7" and 217#

This Season ('20/'21) James Bouknight is listed at 6'-5" and 190#

A difference of 27#! I suppose that you do not think that Bouk is getting continuously beaten up because of this lack of bulk?

Methinks that your liver is bigger than mine....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Unfair topic to say the least. How'd we do the year Ray Allen was the team leader?

Reaction Score
Unfair topic to say the least. How'd we do the year Ray Allen was the team leader?
Yup, at the end of the year it was Ricky Moore's team and we were dead in the water when he got hurt.

Reaction Score
It was clear Bouk wasn't 100%. He has some of the best body control I've ever seen and at times last night he looked like he was learning to walk. Many of his shots were short. Tough loss, but hopefully he's back to normal by next Thurs/Fri.

Reaction Score
Stop. Name one top 8 pick who has returned in the last 30 years not called tim Duncan.
How sure are you he's a top 8 pick? Drummond was projected 2 and went 9. You have no idea where he'll be drafted

Reaction Score
It was clear Bouk wasn't 100%. He has some of the best body control I've ever seen and at times last night he looked like he was learning to walk. Many of his shots were short. Tough loss, but hopefully he's back to normal by next Thurs/Fri.

Fri/Sat

Reaction Score
How sure are you he's a top 8 pick? Drummond was projected 2 and went 9. You have no idea where he'll be drafted

Its not about the first contract for these guys it’s about the second and third. If he is a projected lottery pick and first round lock he needs to go. Makes no sense to come back to school.

Reaction Score
There is no doubt that the kid plays hard and has lots of heart. He is also very talented.

If he really goes in the lottery then, yeah, that's the smart thing to do. But we have seen people drop hard and far in the past. Post season play has a big impact on the GMs. I have to think his stock has dropped. How far is one question. What will he do next weekend to reverse that is another.

I really thought that last Polley three was going down. The mood here would be quite different.

Reaction Score
Its not about the first contract for these guys it’s about the second and third. If he is a projected lottery pick and first round lock he needs to go. Makes no sense to come back to school.
Agreed, and I love Bouknight don't get me wrong. I don't feel like this is trashing him in any way. I'm just saying his body broke down and failed him in less than 20 games played. Not even just the cramps but he struggled to stay on his feet and keep his legs under him since returning.

I haven't seen the latest mocks or watched enough of the other top prospects to be locked into my opinion. BUT I don't see an NBA team wanting to invest tens of millions in the lottery on a guy whose body isn't ready for an 82 game grind.

I doubt he will, but he certainly would benefit from one more.year where he will certainly be a top 5 pick

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the latest mocks or watched enough of the other top prospects to be locked into my opinion. BUT I don't see an NBA team wanting to invest tens of millions in the lottery on a guy whose body isn't ready for an 82 game grind.
Killian Hayes went #7 last year and is basically the exact same size height/weight as Bouk,

Reaction Score
Agreed, and I love Bouknight don't get me wrong. I don't feel like this is trashing him in any way. I'm just saying his body broke down and failed him in less than 20 games played. Not even just the cramps but he struggled to stay on his feet and keep his legs under him since returning.

I doubt he will, but he certainly would benefit from one more.year where he will certainly be a top 5 pick

The latest mocks have him anywhere from 6-15. No reason to return with a first round pick guaranteed.

Edit: Will add this, it will be beneficial to UConn to have some rising star alumni back in the league. Will help with recruiting. We haven't had a first rounder since Napier and he's already out of the league

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom