Bouknight needs to have a great second half of this game if he wants to be remembered as a great Husky. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight needs to have a great second half of this game if he wants to be remembered as a great Husky.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t have the killer instinct of past stars. 20 is great, but we we need him to hit a dagger shot, he comes up short.
Tell me all the times he missed a dagger shot this year other than tonight.

We went 11-3 with him in the lineup. He scored 40 against Creighton and Villanova wasn’t a close game.

So when did he have any opportunity to hit a “dagger” shot other than tonight. Are you saying he sucks because he’s 0/1 on end of game tying shots? Or are you just making things up?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Get him some rest for the tournament, he's been through a lot physically to close out this season. His Robins gave him no help today.

Reaction Score
Here’s the problem: I love Bouk and he’s our best player. Not debatable. The issue with him is he gets pushed around, thrown around, knocked down and physically can’t keep up for 40 minutes (cramping, sucking wind, dead legs, etc). The next level has bigger guys, longer games and is more physical...not for lack of talent, but because of physicality, he needs another year to grow and mature. That said - he’s gone, right call or not.

Reaction Score
Here’s the problem: I love Bouk and he’s our best player. Not debatable. The issue with him is he gets pushed around, thrown around, knocked down and physically can’t keep up for 40 minutes (cramping, sucking wind, dead legs, etc). The next level has bigger guys, longer games and is more physical...not for lack of talent, but because of physicality, he needs another year to grow and mature. That said - he’s gone, right call or not.

He couldn't physically last through Game 1 vs DePaul. Not good.

Reaction Score
Ahh...this is a results-driven business and if you want to be special, you step up at special times. The semis of the BET is one of those times. And our best player stunk tonight. End of story. No one hates him. But he failed when when we needed him. And that’s not very UConn-like for a true star.

Get over yourself.
Lol, kids a sophomore and lots of guys probably wouldn’t have pushed through to play 35 minutes tonight after what happened yesterday. Yes you hold each other accountable in losses, yes we didn’t play great, yes Bouk didn’t have his best game, but we wouldn’t be where we are this year or as a program without him. Give him a week to rest and he’ll make you eat your words in the ncaa tourney. This board seriously sucks sometimes.

Reaction Score
It was good D on him but he had his looks and missed a lot. He was on the floor a lot. He complained a lot. It wasn’t a good look for him. Maybe ditch the cupping. Thankfully he has at least one more chance to show he is NBA ready. It is on these stages where the great players show up and earn their money. He did not help himself today or yesterday. Hopefully he will show some Kemba swinging nutz next week.

Reaction Score
The next level is more spaced out, faster paced, less help defense, etc. he’s not going to see double teams on every possession. He’s not going to be driving the ball into a clogged lane because of the 3 second rule.

There’s a reason smarter basketball people than you have him as a lock for the top 10, and it’s because his game translates extremely well.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
At least the NCAA's aren't consecutive days. Tough enough for Bouk to get through one complete game let alone two days in a row.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
duckk everyone on this board that comes out and trashes our best player every time we don’t win a game. Give our guy a break, he showed immense toughness to come out here and play 35 minutes after his body failed him yesterday. Creighton literally through everything they had at him and made it their mission to make sure he didn’t score 40. Christ, some of you guys are literally the worst.
This happens all the time. Posters from other boards or lurkers only comment after losses or to rip on a player. It’s pathetic

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Tell me all the times he missed a dagger shot this year other than tonight.

We went 11-3 with him in the lineup. He scored 40 against Creighton and Villanova wasn’t a close game.

So when did he have any opportunity to hit a “dagger” shot other than tonight. Are you saying he sucks because he’s 0/1 on end of game tying shots? Or are you just making things up?
Tell me when he has hit one. I will wait.

Reaction Score
He’s not done yet... kid just got off of muscle spasms a day ago and we lost by 3 to a good team without RJ Cole in the last 5 minutes. He played sloppy but both teams did.

Gotta tip ur cap to Creighton because they won. It will be a whole different game with 15k UConn fans at MSG screaming at them in the coming years... it’s still coming.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Bouknight basically sucked tonight except for three scoring plays. They deserved to lose. Creighton was the better team.

Reaction Score
Could go down as the most underappreciated Husky ever at this rate. We'd be maybe 9-13 without him, instead we're going to the tournament for the first time in 5 years. Could have sat out and been a guaranteed lottery pick; instead he came back, played through tremendous adversity in an intensely physical league and now will go top 10 in a stacked draft.

Reaction Score
duckk everyone on this board that comes out and trashes our best player every time we don’t win a game. Give our guy a break, he showed immense toughness to come out here and play 35 minutes after his body failed him yesterday. Creighton literally through everything they had at him and made it their mission to make sure he didn’t score 40. Christ, some of you guys are literally the worst.
Few bad takes here. He’s delivered all year. Excluding the two half games he’s consistently been 18+. No off games whatsoever. He was a bit off today but still have us 14/8. I’ll roll with him as our top guy any day.
I swear this board has some of the dumbest people in the world on it.
Yo y’all are really duck***G ridiculous my god some of the takes here!!!!
Stupid people typically don’t get any less stupid as they age

Think about how old most of these people now are. ‘99 was 22 years ago. ‘90 was 31 years ago.

Reaction Score
It's not the worst take in the world. IF Bouk returned (which seems extremely unlikely given his camp) he'd be a top 3-5 pick. Right now, after these last few performances, I'd have to imagine he's slipping down the boards a bit. Especially struggling against the length of better teams, as of recent.

It's not unheard of. But given the folks whispering in his year he's 80/20 gone (more likely 90/10).

IF he did return, he could really do something special.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom