Bouknight needs to have a great second half of this game if he wants to be remembered as a great Husky. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight needs to have a great second half of this game if he wants to be remembered as a great Husky.

Reaction Score
The next level is more spaced out, faster paced, less help defense, etc. he’s not going to see double teams on every possession. He’s not going to be driving the ball into a clogged lane because of the 3 second rule.

There’s a reason smarter basketball people than you have him as a lock for the top 10, and it’s because his game translates extremely well.
While the defense is more spaced out and faster paced...it’s more physical, faster and a longer game. He’s not ready. His game translates to a 10-20 pick instead of the 5-10 right now, unless he steps up big next three week. His stock has def dropped. Again, he’s gone and he can carve out a Jeremy Lamb type career - but he’s not ready IMO. Also, guys “smarter than me” have been wrong plenty of times.

Reaction Score
We have a lottery pick and we think he isn’t good enough. Everybody can’t be Kemba Walker. The kid is a stud, and we’re crapping on him. We deserve everything we get if this season ends bad. Some of you are pathetic. The kid was carried off of the court less than 24 hrs ago and came out tonight and gave his all

Reaction Score
I felt bad for Bouk - he wants it, he really wants to be the next great Husky but he was clearly not himself tonight. It was evident in 1st half with lack of burst and ability to drive to the rim and also being short on every pull up. He was physically suffering from the soreness of cramping last night. IT was not a good situation and the rest of the team (Other than Adama) didn't do enough to help him.

I will miss him so much next year and know we will look back and wish would could have had more time, even one real, full season of his greatness.

BUT - there is still time for him to put his stamp. I believe he has more to do here at UCONN

Reaction Score
Regardless of how he played, it wasn’t his best and the game was there for the taking. I think the most apparent stat of this game was rebounding. Creighton dominated the boards and that hasn’t really happened often ... 50 to 33 will win you games

Reaction Score
We have a lottery pick and we think he isn’t good enough. Everybody can’t be Kemba Walker. The kid is a stud, and we’re crapping on him. We deserve everything we get if this season ends bad. Some of you are pathetic. The kid was carried off of the court less than 24 hrs ago and came out tonight and gave his all

Preach. You don't recover from full body cramps in 24 hours. He was probably sore are hell all game.

He made some dumb decision tonight and missed shots we needed him to make. It happens.

Reaction Score
Regardless of how he played, it wasn’t his best and the game was there for the taking. I think the most apparent stat of this game was rebounding. Creighton dominated the boards and that hasn’t really happened often ... 50 to 33 will win you games
That was all related to Sanogo being out

Reaction Score
Like DeAndre Daniel's?
No probably more like Caron Butler. You may remember him for "leaving too early" then being a top 10 pick then playing in the NBA for 15 years and winning a title

Reaction Score
Bouk is a nice player, but I don't see the killer in him like some of our past greats.

Reaction Score
That was all related to Sanogo being out
Agree to an extent, his fouls were such lame calls, but he isn’t the only rebounder. Martin struggled tonight too. They got a lot of garbage putbacks when multiple guys went for blocks and nobody there to snag the board

Reaction Score
Bouk is a nice player, but I don't see the killer in him like some of our past greats.
I made a comment in the chat that he’s really looking like he’s too cool for everyone last few games, how he likes to walk around all slack and hanging his head and can’t take the moment seriously

Reaction Score
Lol, Deandre inexplicably left early and wasn’t drafted until the 2nd round. Bouknight is going to be a lottery pick.

What a nonsensical comparison.
Similar body build, might yield the same reaults

Reaction Score
No probably more like Caron Butler. You may remember him for "leaving too early" then being a top 10 pick then playing in the NBA for 15 years and winning a title
Caron had a stronger body build

Reaction Score
I don't like the Bouknight bashing, even though I thought his missed front end of 1x1 with a 5 pt lead was the turning point. UConn could've gotten themselves a nice cushion if he makes both of those.

Not everyone can be Kemba, Rip, Ok4, Ben Gordon. Plus their teams and supporting cast were much better than this team. I am not abandoning ship on this team, though. I still think they can get to the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
The great play great in the big moments. He didn’t rise to the occasion. Maybe he finds his groove in the Tourney, which would be great for him.

Reaction Score
I don't like the Bouknight bashing, even though I thought his missed front end of 1x1 with a 5 pt lead was the turning point. UConn could've gotten themselves a nice cushion if he makes both of those.

Not everyone can be Kemba, Rip, Ok4, Ben Gordon. Plus their teams and supporting cast were much better than this team. I am not abandoning ship on this team, though. I still think they can get to the Sweet 16.
We’re going to get to the point as a program where we don’t need a superman(Kemba, shabazz) to win. Right now we still do. I believe Bouk is that guy. But he’s been through a lot this season. And none of our greats were dealt the hand Bouk has been dealt this year. Bazz had a boat, Kemba had a lamb, Bouknight had a....maybe Cole? And he wasn’t even available down the stretch. Let’s revisit this in 2 weeks

Reaction Score
he’s gonna be a lottery pick

but anyone who witnessed ben gordon or kemba knows what’s up about the next level

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom