Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Maybe they need a team curfew from now on.

Also I wonder whose vehicle it was, aren't freshmen not allowed vehicles on campus?

Players will often drive the team managers’ vehicles. Obviously I don’t know to whom this vehicle belonged but there’s a chance it was a manager’s.

Reaction Score
Stop. There is a zero tolerance law for those under 21. A former UConn football player recently wrote about it.

Think about it. "[College Campus] police in some cases don’t have the training or experience to arrest kids from the hood... (Don't even get me started on that)," but they can pick up on the slightest indication of when drugs or alcohol are at play.

After a month long investigation, I would think they'd have charged him with something alcohol/drug related. My point is that there is no reason to speculate on unsubstantiated charges after they've been filed.

Lol how can you charge someone with a DUI if they run and you can't test their BAC? You can't.

Reaction Score
F5A37367-6B23-4C51-A1EE-FB3AB9CD6811.gif

Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone at UConn sit these kids down and read them the riot act --BEFORE-- they do anything stupid?

Ths happens habitiually at UConn, so obviously their orientation to campus life has a huge hole in it somewhere. Figure it freaking out.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Lol how can you charge someone with a DUI if they run and you can't test their BAC? You can't.

You seem to give the police a clear benefit of the doubt that they are always on the up and up. I hardly ever.

In some cases, suspicion is enough. I'm referring to those where someone fails to submit. Fleeing could certainly be considered failure to submit to someone with a loose interpretation. If the police are prone to throw the book at someone who flees, it wouldn't surprise me if this would be a no-brainer charge. Even if it were thrown out in court, wouldn't it be a bargaining chip for the prosecution. The fact that, after a nearly 4 week investigation, it is not? I don't know, but to me it speak volumes.

Reaction Score
Why is it that UCONN seems like the only school who hangs their players out to dry.

And other school this would be swept under the rug and handled internally.!!!!

Same with the scooter incident

If only we paid our security officers more, and gave them more generous health and pension benefits.

Reaction Score
Was a friend's car. Would've gotten in more trouble if he didn't run. Jalen got 1 game suspension for crashing a scooter. This is worse. I predict three games.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
In situations like this does the university typically do an internal investigation? Interview people he was with to see if he had been drinking? Or will they just let the legal process play out on its own?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone at UConn sit these kids down and read them the riot act --BEFORE-- they do anything stupid?

Ths happens habitiually at UConn, so obviously their orientation to campus life has a huge hole in it somewhere. Figure it freaking out.
I guess no reasonable adult ever thought about your suggestion before.

Are you being serious? Do you think this is only happening at UConn? It's universal. My kid was an RA at a different university and this is nothing to the stuff he's related to us. I went to Bucknell during the horse and buggy era. Some kids snuck into a room and put lighter fluid on a sleeping kid's cast and lit it. They trashed a floor so badly the damage costs per student exceeded the room and board charges.

Do you honestly think Dan Hurley is the type of coach who doesn't understand the behavior of kids and didn't read them the riot act? Were you in another universe when he disciplined Sid?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If he were an SEC football player he would have to sit out the first half.
If he were an SEC football player he'd earn a star on his helmet.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Was a friend's car. Would've gotten in more trouble if he didn't run. Jalen got 1 game suspension for crashing a scooter. This is worse. I predict three games.
Jalen also did this under Ollie, who I would imagine was alot more tolerant than DH of his player's bull****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom