Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lets be honest here, it was probably the right decision (as messed up as that sounds), because at that time of night on a Friday night he was most likely drinking. Running away is way better than failing a breathalyzer and getting a DUI.

I mean, I wasn’t gonna make that leap. But yeah, obviously the penalties are less severe were that the case so in a save-your-own-skin kinda way, yes, running would probably be the right call. It’s less moral though, of course.

Reaction Score
I mean, I wasn’t gonna make that leap. But yeah, obviously the penalties are less severe were that the case so in a save-your-own-skin kinda way, yes, running would probably be the right call. It’s less moral though, of course.

If drunk yes, the charges are lessor. However, in today climate I'm not even moving without the police's permission. With all the people being shot, this kid running was incredibly stupid and he's lucky this cop wasn't afraid and trigger happy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Look, someone told him he needed to get to the cafeteria ASAP because they were almost out of bacon, jalapeño, Mac and cheese.
Who here wouldn't do the same?
Let's not make this about weed. We have a good thing going with alcohol.

C

Chief00

Chief, your are a true jock sniffer. You intimate that the cop was over zealous and the incident would have been swept under the rug at all the other schools that are sleazy and cheat. The kid did something wrong and caught. Hopefully he will learn from it and move on. Are you suggesting that it would be better if the cop did nothing and casually sent him on his merry way? Just because others might be doing it doesn't make it right. Recalibrate your moral compass Chiefy.
You need to read my post and let my words not your emotion represent what Chief said. For example, I did not say the cop should do nothing or not charge him for A violation. 5 or 6 charges is overkill.

Reaction Score
When the officer asked a second time for identification, Bouknight took off and ran, the report stated. Officers canvassed the area and witnessed someone matching Bouknight’s description enter a residence hall but were unable to track him down. Records showed that Bouknight also entered that hall during the same time frame. The UConn freshman has since provided a sworn written statement admitting to his actions, the report states.

Can't wait to see this quickness on the court

C

Chief00

Nearly all freshmen, away from home for the first time, make immature, foolish mistakes.
Not asking for any special treatment for James but the vibe Chief got early on when I became aware of the situation, was that the cop seemed to enjoy throwing the entire book at James when one minor charge on a minor incident would do.
To answer a poster’s question. No this wouldn’t happen at a school we are trying to be competitive with (Duke, UK, UNC, FL, LSU, TX). I will let others decide if that’s a problem. Chief has his opinion.
Chief’s first “Dislike” from @EROCK CONN. Chief is going to get a lot of those!

C

Chief00

Police don't have adequate training to arrest anyone without escalating the situation. I've advocated for police to go to the same training teachers' do because of this at the capitol before--especially schools SROs and campus police.

Let's not make it about race Chief. All kids are idiots, doesn't matter where they're from or if they're some shade of brown.
With all due respect, there’s a whole other World beyond the borders of Granby.

Reaction Score
You need to read my post and let my words not your emotion represent what Chief said. For example, I did not say the cop should do nothing or not charge him for A violation. 5 or 6 charges is overkill.

He got the additional charges when he ran, they weren't going to be there until the kid escalated the situation himself.

Reaction Score
Fact: If you run from police they are going to throw the book at you. Never run or hinder police.The young man needs to learn this lesson . I believe a suspension to be in order. This will reinforce that this behavior will not be tolerated,

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Lets be honest here, it was probably the right decision (as messed up as that sounds), because at that time of night on a Friday night he was most likely drinking. Running away is way better than failing a breathalyzer and getting a DUI.
Stop. There is a zero tolerance law for those under 21. A former UConn football player recently wrote about it.

Think about it. "[College Campus] police in some cases don’t have the training or experience to arrest kids from the hood... (Don't even get me started on that)," but they can pick up on the slightest indication of when drugs or alcohol are at play.

After a month long investigation, I would think they'd have charged him with something alcohol/drug related. My point is that there is no reason to speculate on unsubstantiated charges after they've been filed.

Reaction Score
whatever UConn's equivalent to social probation and a 2 game suspension. he'd be lucky not to get suspended from school.

Reaction Score
1:32am crashing into signs, running away? Deserves everything he gets. This is ridiculous and needs to be addressed unlike many other minor incidents in the past. Geez what the hell is he thinking.

On a Friday night in the middle of Storrs Center.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
On a Friday night in the middle of Storrs Center.

So consumed with basketball, he doesn't take the advice from "elders' of other sports.

"Nothing good happens after midnight." Tony Dungy (among others)

"Always have a fall guy in your crew." - Cris Carter

Reaction Score
If drunk yes, the charges are lessor. However, in today climate I'm not even moving without the police's permission. With all the people being shot, this kid running was incredibly stupid and he's lucky this cop wasn't afraid and trigger happy.
That was my first thought. No clue if he was drinking or not but running from a cop can get you killed. There is enough out there to know how dangerous running from a cop is, especially if you're black. That being said I did plenty of worse stuff than he did at that age, kids do dumb s***.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Sober or under the influence of anything aside, he is fortunate nothing irreversible happened. He could have hurt or killed himself, teammates, fellow students or bystanders of any sort. If he is a smart kid he will realize this, learn from it & not repeat it. I have been guilty of similar stupidity and was fortunate nothing of great consequence happened and I was able to move on with my life but I have friends who weren't as fortunate.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
His drives are out of control and yet, the only way to improve his handle is to see court time.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
James was wrong but UConn police in some cases don’t have the training or experience to arrest kids from the hood without escalating the situation. Chief has spent time teaching his kids how to react and keep their mouth shout unless asked something and not appear as a physical threat and facing not running from the situation.
that's a yikes from me dog

Reaction Score
KId got scared panicked because he was probably drunk and driving without a license and ran. Probably better than getting a DUI in my opinion. Hurley will dish out a reasonable penalty. Who knows what that might be, honestly, i can see a 2 game suspension and I can see a 4 game suspension.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, there’s a whole other World beyond the borders of Granby.

Lol, I'm not from Granby. It's also creepy that you bothered to look at that. My dad made this account but doesn't use it anymore. He lived there for some time. I live in Glastonbury, so your point probably still stands.

The fact that you think cops need training on how to "deal with kids from the hood" is just RIDICULOUS Chief. It's clearly racially motivated and devoid of reality. I "deal with kids from the hood" every day on my basketball team and in my classroom. Cops need training on how to deal with KIDS, period.

Black kids don't have a worse attitude than white kids. All kids have a bad attitude, with cops, teachers, anyone. It's what they do, and the bad attitude is economic more than it is about race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom