Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Why is it that UCONN seems like the only school who hangs their players out to dry.

And other school this would be swept under the rug and handled internally.!!!!

Same with the scooter incident
Perhaps because Uconn is a state school and the State Police are in charge. They tend to take things quite a bit
more seriously as opposed to rent a cops. I had scrapes with the law with cars etc. when young. Definitely angels watching over you; sometime people get hurt really bad or killed. Brains aren't completely matured until some time in your twenties and the last part to be completed is supposedly the frontal cortex which is to regulates judgement I'm told. Thank God this is a wake up call for him and others.

Reaction Score
No excuses but he’s a freshman. He’s 19 and we’ve all been that age before. Only thing is is that he’s being held to a higher regard. Pretty sure he learns from this dumb mistake.

C

Chief00

Lol, I'm not from Granby. It's also creepy that you bothered to look at that. My dad made this account but doesn't use it anymore. He lived there for some time. I live in Glastonbury, so your point probably still stands.

The fact that you think cops need training on how to "deal with kids from the hood" is just RIDICULOUS Chief. It's clearly racially motivated and devoid of reality. I "deal with kids from the hood" every day on my basketball team and in my classroom. Cops need training on how to deal with KIDS, period.

Black kids don't have a worse attitude than white kids. All kids have a bad attitude, with cops, teachers, anyone. It's what they do, and the bad attitude is economic more than it is about race.
You got nearly everything backwards. Where do you think Chief came from? Let’s put it this way, if Chief was the cop he most likely wouldn’t have fled the scene. I also don’t agree with this all kids have a bad attitude or specifically James. He made some mistakes that night but you are writing a novel out of it.

Reaction Score
Disagree, on this I would be firm, don't set precedent with a soft penalty. Wouldn't shock me if he is out until after Thanksgiving if only because he ran.
Agreed. Have to be firm. Might get flak for this, but oh well, but at the very least sit him for the Florida game. That way, kids know that right choices (in life) > winning and it won't be just a punishment that is convenient for the coach and team either which it could appear as if he was sit just for the first game or two. Sit him for Florida IMO, let him come back for Buffalo.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Have to be firm. Might get flak for this, but oh well, but at the very least sit him for the Florida game. That way, kids know that right choices (in life) > winning and it won't be just a punishment that is convenient for the coach and team either which it could appear as if he was sit just for the first game or two. Sit him for Florida IMO, let him come back for Buffalo.
Have to agree with this. Who cares if it costs a game or two. Hit him hard now so it never happens again. And so other players get the message. Like it or not, they are held to a higher standard and have to be more careful than other students. Hurley is a take no prisoners guy........no way there is a slap on the wrist here.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just don't have him sit at the CofC tournament says the selfish voice in Fleud. It took a lot of persuasion to get Mrs. Fleudy to that tournament. Sometimes self preservation is more important than supporting fairness.

Reaction Score
Was a friend's car. Would've gotten in more trouble if he didn't run. Jalen got 1 game suspension for crashing a scooter. This is worse. I predict three games.
Florida is the third game of the season.. A 2 game suspension would seem convenient here?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Hurley seems to be building a culture of accountability on and off the court. I'd be shocked if this didn't result in the same type of suspension Wilson had to start last season, maybe longer unfortunately.

If this was a "normal" student, they would probably be suspended if not expelled from the school. I have heard of kids getting kicked out for a lot less.

I'm disappointed this happened, but I think it is important for Hurley to draw a firm line on things that could have killed James or someone else. Hopefully James will learn from this incident, put his best foot forward and mature as a result. He's lucky everyone came out unharmed. Some things are more important than W's and L's on the court, this is one of those times.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Florida is the third game of the season.. A 2 game suspension would seem convenient here?
Not really. A freshman gets his first minutes in a big game against a tough opponent. It sounds decidedly inconvenient to me.

Reaction Score
Not really. A freshman gets his first minutes in a big game against a tough opponent. It sounds decidedly inconvenient to me.
Regardless, would still rather have him available, then not available.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Really?? Things have changed a lot since I was in college...wow

I know of people who got suspended from UConn because they got caught in the dorms underage drinking too many times.

Edit: This was a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the UConn iron fist against fun has come down harder since.

Reaction Score
I feel Hurley would be more tight lipped if Bouknight were to be in more serious legal trouble. I guess its a good sign were getting answers from him

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I feel Hurley would be more tight lipped if Bouknight were to be in more serious legal trouble. I guess its a good sign were getting answers from him

My guess is that his time in court will not have any impact on his availability for time on the court. It will be internal punishment from the staff / school that will keep him out of action, if there is any punishments.

Reaction Score
Lol at most have been drunk or had drugs. The cop had a conversation with him meaning he would have smelt alcohol on his breath. Based on charges that wasn't the case.

He was speeding and hit a stop sign then panicked probably cause he's a freshman star athlete and didn't have a license

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know of people who got suspended from UConn because they got caught in the dorms underage drinking too many times.

Edit: This was a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if the UConn iron fist against fun has come down harder since.
The salient point is suspension for repeated offenses.

Reaction Score
Hurley seems to be building a culture of accountability on and off the court. I'd be shocked if this didn't result in the same type of suspension Wilson had to start last season, maybe longer unfortunately.

If this was a "normal" student, they would probably be suspended if not expelled from the school. I have heard of kids getting kicked out for a lot less.

I'm disappointed this happened, but I think it is important for Hurley to draw a firm line on things that could have killed James or someone else. Hopefully James will learn from this incident, put his best foot forward and mature as a result. He's lucky everyone came out unharmed. Some things are more important than W's and L's on the court, this is one of those times.

If that is the case then things have changed. Graduated in 98 and had several friends do essentially the same thing (only were caught and determined to have been drinking heavily) only to be fined and forced to take mandatory training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom