Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If that is the case then things have changed. Graduated in 98 and had several friends do essentially the same thing (only were caught and determined to have been drinking heavily) only to be fined and forced to take mandatory training.
He clarifies it seven posts prior to your post.

Reaction Score
Suspend the exhibition and opener
That’s enough to drive home the lesson. He misses quality time playing with his teammates. People on here saying he should miss the Florida game or the whole month of November are being ridiculously harsh.

This kid just left high school, it was a Friday night after winning his first college dunk contest. Girl prob called him over to her dorm room and he had to borrow a car or something

There is nothing serious here, have some sense of his situation and suspend him 1 to 2 games for a mental lapse and move on

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
“...several times”. If Bouknight has multiple offenses than maybe but can’t imagine that’s the case.
Exactly. Commented this to McLovin.

A great idea crossed my mind. When someone sees an irritating post they should....

I wonder if I received the first dislike response as a result of that thread.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And to think KO and JC were accused of being unable to control players actions 24/7:cool:

Reaction Score
Was Jalen Adams really involved? It got a little confusing with two different Jalens. If it was Adams, he needs to be banned from campus.

Reaction Score
This kid just left high school, it was a Friday night after winning his first college dunk contest. Girl prob called him over to her dorm room and he had to borrow a car or something
The incident was at 1:30 am on Friday 9/27. First Night was 10/18.

Anyway, what's the point of speculating what he was doing? Those are big assumptions. Could have been at the library studying and was going to Wawa to get something to eat. Who knows what the ----- he was doing.

Reaction Score
Child does dumb thing in first weeks of college. More at 11.

Yup. I did something stupid my first weekend as a freshman and got in trouble with campus police. Somehow my coach didn’t find out about it but it scared me enough to not get in trouble again. James should be fine. I think he will definitely be suspended for the first game at least though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This will end up a big nothing-burger. Sit for a game and move on.
If this proves to be the case;
Would the "penalty" ramifications be the same for a non athlete?
The kid was diving without a license, speeding, reckless driving, destruction of public/private property and evading responsibility
And some say the cops were piling on and some feel this should be swept under the carpet
If I were coaching I would have suspended him now and if it were my kid I would have him home for a real sit-down. My children played college sports and I coached for nearly 30 years - and no, I am not old school.
What JA did is not even close
I feel for Bouknight but if he doesn't feel the pain through a just penalty he will never realize the stupidity of his actions
Oh I screwed up when I was his age and believe me I paid in a major way

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
The incident was at 1:30 am on Friday 9/27. First Night was 10/18.

Anyway, what's the point of speculating what he was doing? Those are big assumptions. Could have been at the library studying and was going to Wawa to get something to eat. Who knows what the ----- he was doing.

Would be most unfortunate to crash in the first two minutes of what would have been about a three hour drive to the nearest Wawa.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I got away with a lot of stuff when I was his age. I hope he learns from this and grows as an adult and represents himself well going forward. These types of things really do force a reality check no matter who you are. Unfortunately for him he has a big responsibility in representing the University, it’s a big responsibility for a young adult. I hope it works out well for him and Hurley mitigates it appropriately to everyone representing the men’s basketball program.

Exactly. We all did really stupid stuff at his age - big difference is we didn’t have the world watching us. And thank god for that!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If we just had hookers in the dorm the kids wouldn't have to drive ...
1571783685486.png

"That's exactly what I said..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member