Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No one hits a street sign when sober. No one.
Uh...

Hit an ice patch. Choices were telephone pole, tree or street sign.

**Shrug**

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bottom line: Why did the kid run? Because he was scared for not having a license? That would be the least of his problems. Clearly he was mentally altered. No one hits a street sign when sober. No one.

This is speculation without any facts or evidence and is grossly unfair. He has no license. Lots of kids can‘t functionally drive in this era. Add to that the prevalence of texting, hell I watching people staring at the phone at 75MPH in heavy traffic. So no, there is no basis to claim anything about his state of mind.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This is speculation with any facts or evidence and is grossly unfair. He has no license. Lots of kids can‘t functionally drive in this era. Add to that the prevalence of texting, hell I watching people staring at the phone at 75MPH in heavy traffic. So no, there is no basis to claim anything about his state of mind.
That street he was speeding on is a curve and a densely developed area. I do not belive he was texting at the time. The area would not allow it. He ran away. He was avoiding a bad outcome. And to show remorse 14 days later? Sure, I believe he remorseful. He's a good kid. But three weeks went by before he turned himself in per the Courant story.

Anyway, Hurley is about to turn the page. And onward we mush.

Reaction Score
That street he was speeding on is a curve and a densely developed area. I do not belive he was texting at the time. The area would not allow it. He ran away. He was avoiding a bad outcome. And to show remorse 14 days later? Sure, I believe he remorseful. He's a good kid. But three weeks went by before he turned himself in per the Courant story.

You sound like a crazy person.

Reaction Score

Hurley is the quintessential players coach. His guys get a very long leash off the court. That was his calling card @ URI. Maybe it will change...maybe it won't. The risk factor is always there. There is a good chance after not killing someone that Bouk & Hurley will form an even closer bond.

Reaction Score
Hurley is the quintessential players coach. His guys get a very long leash off the court. That was his calling card @ URI. Maybe it will change...maybe it won't. The risk factor is always there. There is a good chance after not killing someone that Bouk & Hurley will form an even closer bond.

Evidence? Not saying you're wrong, just never heard this before. If anything, my inclination is to believe the opposite. Hurley is tough on these guys from what I've seen.

Being a players coach doesn't mean you let them get away with anything and everything. It means you hold them accountable, but are still there for them as a leader and role model to support their growth as people AND ballers.

Reaction Score
Txting is so common. Following a car today that was weaving like a drunk, and it’s all kids do.
With the new CT law, if you get in an accident because of being on a phone or texting it is considered the same as an intentional accident. The insurance company does not have to cover it. There are going to be some surprised people.

pj

Reaction Score
A guy who can consistently put a basketball through a hoop from 20 feet, can consistently keep a car within a 12 foot lane, unless he's DUI at 1:30 am.

Seems like he's getting treated appropriately and everyone will move on soon enough. But I don't know why some of you want to act like this was a 90 year old granny losing focus for a moment.

Reaction Score
You kids are such snowflakes nowadays.

"Kid does stupid stuff first week of school. News at 11."

I was on non-academic probation the morning of my first day of freshman orientation 6 weeks before classes started.
That’s something I would be bragging about for sure!

Reaction Score
A guy who can consistently put a basketball through a hoop from 20 feet, can consistently keep a car within a 12 foot lane, unless he's DUI at 1:30 am.

Seems like he's getting treated appropriately and everyone will move on soon enough. But I don't know why some of you want to act like this was a 90 year old granny losing focus for a moment.

You have no idea what happened and it's potentially defamatory to speculate about it.

Also, can anyone explain to me why boneyard threads about good stuff get derailed within 10 posts and this one has somehow remained on topic for 9 pages? WTF?

Someone needs to post for or against Chief.

Reaction Score

Typical!

Reaction Score
You kids are such snowflakes nowadays.

"Kid does stupid stuff first week of school. News at 11."

I was on non-academic probation the morning of my first day of freshman orientation 6 weeks before classes started.
can i get the story on that lol

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
all I can say is dammit this is not a good way to start a season

Reaction Score
He ran from police .I have a background in law enforcement and trust me the police frown on a suspect who runs. It escalates the situation and makes their job much more difficult . Traffic stops are dangerous and stressful under normal circumstances .
In my opinion ,running from the police is very serious and there needs to be consequences .

That’s your perspective but when you come from an environment where you are taught to fear police and likely for some valid reasons that’s not your first instinct. Maybe that’s part of it with James who knows.
10 years ago when i was James age i had two cops knocking on my dormitory door bc of weed. I was scared as hell at that age.

Police can be very intimidating and the kid is 18! Have some understanding of his worldview

Reaction Score
1571807568849.gif

keep it together guys

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

You’re criminally stupid.

Re-read the article and imagine a smoking crater where your account used to be if you decide to play amateur cop again and accuse someone of drunk driving when you don’t have the candle power to comprehend an article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom