Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it were my call he’d be on a bus back to Brooklyn but no, I didn’t mean 2 years. I meant until the case is wrapped up in court. If he gets probation of some kind that is different obviously than if he gets a jail term (not saying he will just using an example). If he gets some kind of community service I would make him sit until he gets it completed. But I’m a cranky old guy who doesn’t like punks even if they can shoot a basketball
Jesus

Reaction Score
If it were my call he’d be on a bus back to Brooklyn but no, I didn’t mean 2 years. I meant until the case is wrapped up in court. If he gets probation of some kind that is different obviously than if he gets a jail term (not saying he will just using an example). If he gets some kind of community service I would make him sit until he gets it completed. But I’m a cranky old guy who doesn’t like punks even if they can shoot a basketball
Punks?? Get a grip. Age isn't an excuse for ignorance.

Reaction Score

You’d fit in well on the BYU Board....

Reaction Score
Good ole reliable Freescooter! Something bad happens to UConn, there he is posting about it! If something good happens? Nowhere to be found. It's nice that there are things you can count on in life, even if it's a**holes!

Reaction Score
This doesn't thrill me, but it also does not concern me. Kid making a mistake. I wish I had learned from something this insignificant, instead of really screwing up and learning the hard way.

Reaction Score
“But I’m a cranky old guy who doesn’t like punks even if they can shoot a basketball”

vs.

"It just became one bad decision that led to another bad decision that led to another bad decision... We're grateful and thankful that no one was injured. Now, he'll deal with the legal system and he'll deal with reading his name attached to a very embarrassing situation... We're obviously incredibly disappointed in the choices that he's made, so he's dealt with the fallout of that. It's affected the way he's practiced. It's affected his emotional and his mental state. He's in a bad way. But that's the state you're going to put yourself in when you make bad choices... You're a quality person that did some dumb stuff. Handle the consequences of it and show people who you are... We're going to support him. We're behind him, we're family."

In the words of Jalen’s dad-

Reaction Score
But I’m a cranky old racist who doesn’t like blacks who step out of line, even if they can shoot a basketball
FIFY.

And before you get all upset about me calling you a racist, just know that i'm judging you the same as you're judging Bouknight. You don't know him, I don't know you. You have a tiny glimpse into his life through this momentary lapse of judgement. I have a tiny glimpse into your life through your lapse of judgement.

Seems fair.

Reaction Score
“But I’m a cranky old guy who doesn’t like punks even if they can shoot a basketball”

vs.

"It just became one bad decision that led to another bad decision that led to another bad decision... We're grateful and thankful that no one was injured. Now, he'll deal with the legal system and he'll deal with reading his name attached to a very embarrassing situation... We're obviously incredibly disappointed in the choices that he's made, so he's dealt with the fallout of that. It's affected the way he's practiced. It's affected his emotional and his mental state. He's in a bad way. But that's the state you're going to put yourself in when you make bad choices... You're a quality person that did some dumb stuff. Handle the consequences of it and show people who you are... We're going to support him. We're behind him, we're family."

In the words of Jalen’s dad-

Thankfully, he ( @freescooter ) doesn't speak for all of us.

Reaction Score
I thought he fled the scene. How did the officer "smell" booze? And why didn't he then do a sobriety check? Something smells fishy here!

Reaction Score
I thought he fled the scene. How did the officer "smell" booze? And why didn't he then do a sobriety check? Something smells fishy here!
From the original article:
The officer approached the vehicle and Bouknight got out, telling police he did not have any identification, the report continued. When the officer asked a second time for identification, Bouknight took off and ran, the report stated.

Reaction Score
I’d like formal apologies from everyone who said it was ridiculous to assume he had been drinking when he crashed a car into a stop sign at 1:38am on a Friday night.I believe there were even threats of bans from the mods.

LOL

Prob not going to happen boss. Just cause in hindsight you were right, doesn’t make the simple accusation without any supporting facts any less irresponsible.

Reaction Score
I think it’s perfectly ok to ask and wonder if alcohol was involved but automatically assuming there was drinking is unfair.
This is not a court of law. No one has formally accused anyone of anything. It is not irresponsible or unfair to state your take on the probability of JB having been drunk at the time of the incident. If, even before this latest bit of information, you didn't think it is more likely than not that he was drinking, you are astonishingly naive. (Speaking to all readers, not Cuse Socks specifically.)

Reaction Score
Maybe James was drunk. Maybe he wasn't but had alcohol in his system and since hes under 21, that's still a big problem when you get pulled over. Or maybe the cop said he smelled alcohol on his breath because cops always say that (it has happened to me when I wasn't drinking, and one time a cop said he smelled marijuana in my car when I don't smoke, period). Who knows? But I am confident he will not mess up again.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I’d like formal apologies from everyone who said it was ridiculous to assume he had been drinking when he crashed a car into a stop sign at 1:38am on a Friday night.I believe there were even threats of bans from the mods.

LOL

I said it was irresponsible to conclude that, based on what had been made public. I stand by my statement.

The banning threats by mods seems to back me up, me thinks.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Maybe James was drunk. Maybe he wasn't but had alcohol in his system and since hes under 21, that's still a big problem when you get pulled over. Or maybe the cop said he smelled alcohol on his breath because cops always say that (it has happened to me when I wasn't drinking, and one time a cop said he smelled marijuana in my car when I don't smoke, period). Who knows? But I am confident he will not mess up again.

I was on my way to work at 10:30 in the morning on a Tuesday from a prenatal appointment my wife had for my first son. I was stopped on the Mohegan Bridge and the cop asked me no less than a 1/2 dozen times if I had been drinking and if there were drugs or alcohol in my vehicle. Followed up with, "Are you sure?"

I am fairly confident that, after a 3-4 week investigation, if the police/prosecutor thought they could get an alcohol related charge to stick, or if they could use it as a bargaining chip, they would have charged him. Remains to be seen if they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom