Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That street he was speeding on is a curve and a densely developed area. I do not belive he was texting at the time. The area would not allow it. He ran away. He was avoiding a bad outcome. And to show remorse 14 days later? Sure, I believe he remorseful. He's a good kid. But three weeks went by before he turned himself in per the Courant story.

Anyway, Hurley is about to turn the page. And onward we mush.

That’s not how it works. He admitted to it later that night or the next morning. It just takes time to get a warrant. As soon as the warrant was issued I’m sure the police called his lawyer and they went together to turn himself in. I know someone that was involved in a fatal hit and run, got caught later the same day and still didn’t get arrested for weeks after.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is speculation without any facts or evidence and is grossly unfair. He has no license. Lots of kids can‘t functionally drive in this era. Add to that the prevalence of texting, hell I watching people staring at the phone at 75MPH in heavy traffic. So no, there is no basis to claim anything about his state of mind.
A few years back I was driving into Hartford on 84 during rush hour. Actually saw a man reading the paper while he drove. It was folded like you see people holding it on the train and he had it mounted on the middle of his steering wheel. Eyes going back and forth from the paper to the road. Scary.

Reaction Score
Or ESPN is in Connecticut, they read the Boneyard, and this is news of interest to them.

Yeah but this story on their ticker? Really shows how weak ESPN is these days. I, like Viking, couldn't believe this was relevant in this huge world of sports to be on a ticker on a day the World Series was starting as well as the NBA. ESPN is dreadful and this is just more proof as to why.

Reaction Score
A few years back I was driving into Hartford on 84 during rush hour. Actually saw a man reading the paper while he drove. It was folded like you see people holding it on the train and he had it mounted on the middle of his steering wheel. Eyes going back and forth from the paper to the road. Scary.

It was only the sports page dennis it was the day they were reporting Rashad Anderson was scaring people with a mask on campus. It's not like I read the whole paper while driving that day, geez. :oops:;)

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah but this story on their ticker? Really shows how weak ESPN is these days. I, like Viking, couldn't believe this was relevant in this huge world of sports to be on a ticker on a day the World Series was starting as well as the NBA. ESPN is dreadful and this is just more proof as to why.

All publicity is good publicity. Reminds people that UConn is a newsworthy program.

And who knows, being the only university in the country that is reported holding its student-athletes responsible for misconduct might redound to our benefit.

Reaction Score
It's a Syracuse grad who's in charge of ESPN's ticker.

Reaction Score
One of the questions Hurley was asked was yesterday was kind of annoying about how many games James will be suspended for. Who says he will be suspended at all? I think he will be suspended for at least a game but the reporter shouldn't assume that or try to lead Hurley into committing to a suspension to satisfy people outside of the program . It sounds like he has been punished every day for the last month but Hurley should get the benefit of the doubt on what the final punishment is or isn't.

Reaction Score
Hurley said he finds no value in isolating James during this process. I completely agree. I wonder if Anthony has had teenage children yet. Knowing coaches it is without a doubt James has been paying a price at practice behind closed doors which is where this mainly gets addressed. A suspension from team activities over this would be stupid.

Reaction Score

It was on the late news last night!

Reaction Score
If he didn’t run away he gets a ticket. It’s leaving the scene especially the way he did it that makes this a problem. He should be suspended until this is totally resolved. Instead Hurley is giving him a sting talking to.

Reaction Score
Bottom line: Why did the kid run? Because he was scared for not having a license? That would be the least of his problems. Clearly he was mentally altered. No one hits a street sign when sober. No one.
Ever hear of distracted driving? I have

Reaction Score
If he didn’t run away he gets a ticket. It’s leaving the scene especially the way he did it that makes this a problem. He should be suspended until this is totally resolved. Instead Hurley is giving him a sting talking to.
So let's say he applies for and is granted accelerated rehabilitation. That's basically 2 years of probation. Should he slip up in that 2 years, he's back in court.

This might not be "totally resolved" for 2 years. So are you suggesting he sit until he's a junior?

C

Chief00

All publicity is good publicity. Reminds people that UConn is a newsworthy program.

And who knows, being the only university in the country that is reported holding its student-athletes responsible for misconduct might redound to our benefit.
In agreement up to the last few words. There are no moral victories in big time college athletics.

Reaction Score
That street he was speeding on is a curve and a densely developed area. I do not belive he was texting at the time. The area would not allow it.
No possible way he was texting because, as you say, the area wouldn't allow it. I mean, if he was texting while driving in an area that doesn't allow it, he might have crashed into something.

Hard to tell the crazy from the sarcasm in this place.

pj

Reaction Score
No possible way he was texting because, as you say, the area wouldn't allow it. I mean, if he was texting while driving in an area that doesn't allow it, he might have crashed into something.

Hard to tell the crazy from the sarcasm in this place.

He couldn't have been texting because it was 1:30 am, and all his friends would have been in bed by 10 pm.

Reaction Score
So let's say he applies for and is granted accelerated rehabilitation. That's basically 2 years of probation. Should he slip up in that 2 years, he's back in court.

This might not be "totally resolved" for 2 years. So are you suggesting he sit until he's a junior?
If it were my call he’d be on a bus back to Brooklyn but no, I didn’t mean 2 years. I meant until the case is wrapped up in court. If he gets probation of some kind that is different obviously than if he gets a jail term (not saying he will just using an example). If he gets some kind of community service I would make him sit until he gets it completed. But I’m a cranky old guy who doesn’t like punks even if they can shoot a basketball

Reaction Score

Why do you even engage him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits