Boneyard Airing of Grievances | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Earlier this year I sat in a conference room with Air Force, Navy, Marine service members along with Brits, Canoodlers, Norwegians, Turks, Aussies, Italians, Dutch and Danes. The discussion at one point veered in to whether "i.e" or "e.g" was appropriate. It took about five seconds for the three US military branches to start checking their cell phones for voice mails because we were clearly out of our league. The rest of the world came to the correct conclusion after about five minutes. And I don't remember what was the correct answer.

I'm proud to hear that our armed services are keeping the world safe from grammatical or whatever errors. I will sleep better tonight!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I no longer have a problem with "Happy Holidays," though I typically wish people a Merry Christmas until after Dec. 25. Beginning on the fourth Thursday of November, most people celebrate at least three holidays in a five week period, including Thanksgiving and New Years.

It's not just politically correct. It's factually correct.

Reaction Score
Providence Dbags who post garbage that suggests that their program and coach are somehow relevant.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
People who say "badly" when they mean "bad". (This one is like chalkboard fingernails.)
People who say "literally" when they mean "virtually".
People who say "less" when they mean "fewer".
People who say "whatever".
People who say "have a good one" or variants.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Clicking a thread on the Boneyard when....OOPS! The banner ad hasn't loaded yet! Everything scrolls down 2 inches and instead of clicking the thread title, I've magically clicked on some other thread (guaranteed to be crap), or someone's profile page (guaranteed no-bikini profile), or I've sorted all the thread titles alphabetically and now I'm staring at page full of Dr. DOS' right-triangle-prefixed thread titles instead of the most recent Cesspool threads (actually an improvement since the Cesspool has been having basically the same discussion for the past 100 years).

Bonus points for me when I go back and do THE EXACT SAME THING AGAIN instead of waiting the 5 extra seconds for the "Philippina women who want to meet me!" banner ad to be served up by whatever Russian mob has infiltrated the doubleclick network this week.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Being Jewish on Christmas...
I was thinking about this today - my wife is non-practicing buddhist. Her family and a large number of her friends who are not christian celebrate the holiday as an event, not a religious affair. You don't have to be a gentile to help fuel the retail sector this time of year. :D

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I was thinking about this today - my wife is non-practicing buddhist. Her family and a large number of her friends who are not christian celebrate the holiday as an event, not a religious affair. You don't have to be a gentile to help fuel the retail sector this time of year. :D
Our usual Christmas table includes Christians, Buddhists a couple of Jews and an agnostic or two. We all agree that turkey, mashed potatoes, ham and pie are are awesome.

Reaction Score
Nothing is upsetting me, much. It's Christmas and Huskies are 10 and 1. Guess I could say I wish my inlaws would leave. They make my balz ache. They're here for days and days.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
People who say "less" when they mean "fewer".

It's not so much that they MEAN fewer, it's that they simply don't understand the difference. Or don't care to.

But while we're at it:
People who say "I could care less," when they mean they couldn't care less.
People who write/type/text "too" when they mean "to" and vice versa.
People who write/type/text "their" or "there" when they mean "they're."
People who put an apostrophe where it doesn't belong, particularly in the possessive of "it."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
PC fans who refuse to buy Ed Cooley a hat.
What happened to his hair? Was it a burn or acid spill? A birth defect? - it is unfortunate but it is UGLY

Reaction Score
People who piss on toilet seats
Asking for a small/med/lg coffee at starbucks is politically incorrect
being a vegetarian is cool now like its a status symbol
people that think sushi is disgusting and then that person smokes at least a pack a day of cigarettes (umm ok thats not disgusting at all)
waiting in a long line to take a piss, whats wrong about an alley or a tree

ill think of more later

Reaction Score
People talking on cell phones at 6 am in the morning.
People who park in the middle of the line, taking up 2 spaces
People who hold up the check out line with a million questions and price checks
Loud talking people on planes and trains
People who talk during movies at the theater
Dogs that bark overnight

Reaction Score
People who won't apologize.
Moms in SUVs, on cellphones, turning right after passing me when I am riding my bike. Fatal.
Slow left lane drivers.
Congress.
People who think the way to drive in snow is to follow too close and drive super slow so some poor bastard in a muscle car can stall or spin and everyone loses momentum.
Trips to DMV.
That diesel gas costs more than regular.
Pick your bias news coverage.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Our usual Christmas table includes Christians, Buddhists a couple of Jews and an agnostic or two. We all agree that turkey, mashed potatoes, ham and pie are are awesome.
You have something against scientologists?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Rude people
Hypocrites
People who think their misbehaving toddler should be allowed to do whatever he pleases
Military chic - blech

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
getting boneyarded for saying outrageous things like we don't rebound well and we didn't execute after timeouts despite the fact such were true and I wasn't mocking or hating and the posts weren't even negative

then getting boneyarded for saying the team looked good against WA because WA is deemed to be a bad team by some boneyarders

internet hostility, even in the boneyard, stinks

comprehension issues, having a comprehension field of study should be a requirement in all high schools and there should be a comprehension 101 course which all freshmen are required to take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom