Boneyard Airing of Grievances | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Airing of Grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Gentile doesn't mean Christian. It means not Jewish. I'm pretty sure Christians didn't exist when the term began.

Reaction Score
I always ask the guy at the convenience store how I got to be the "boss". Must be my stellar work ethic.

Reaction Score
Oh goodness, where to start?

When I'm running on the side of the road, as far over as one could possibly be without being half way up a tree, facing traffic, and cars that won't move over three inches despite there being no traffic coming the other way. Been clipped twice (once in the same town on the same weekend JC had his bike accident).

Morons at the market who move at the speed of smell. The aisles are narrow. Read the signs, find what you need and keep moving. My four year old has a mental map of our local market. If he could read, I'd just send him in with the list and my debit card.

Parents who make every excuse in the book for their child. No one is expecting you or the kid to be perfect.

Parents who ignore multiple requests for parent conferences and then blame the school when the kid is struggling.

Parents who say they can't get the time off from work for school meetings. Maybe you should realize there is a law which states you can miss work for school-parent meetings and we can and will call your employer on your behalf if you'd like. (Not sure if that is in MA only.)

Families on free lunch who give their kids iPhones, drop off in better cars than half of our staff drives, and dress their kids in Hollister, yet who never pay a dime for field trips, cry poor and get free after school programs/sports, and don't help out with fundraisers.

Groups of people who sign up for road races, line up near the front, and then insist on walking side by side the width of the course, making it nearly impossible to get past. It's called self seeding, get to the back.

The NCAA. All of it.

Youth coaches who insist that teaching 6th graders zone defense is a good idea. Hint: Your 12 year olds aren't likely going to Syracuse. Though I did work a lot of MCW's games when he was in 6-9th grade.

The company who plows out our condo complex. Next time, why don't you wait until we have dug out our cars completely before plowing us back in so we can't get out. This only makes your job harder. Let us out, you do your job. Life isn't that hard. Oh, and if you plan to leave a 1-2 inch pack of snow that will freeze over night, can you please sand the hill?

That about covers it. Merry Christmas!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have no grievances. I was born a UConn fan.

I can't possibly air any grievances, when there are so many less fortunate people out there....like Providence fans....or BC fans....just horrible, horrible fates. So thankful this holiday season for being born a Husky fan! ;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
For the record this has become basically a social holiday for most Christians as well.

People who have signature pics that take up the full screen.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A couple more……

People at the bar calling the bartender "Hey" or "Buddy" or "Sweetie" when they don't know them…….or pounding on the bar with their empty glass or bottle……..

People who call you "big guy", "big man", "pal", "Partner" or "buddy" when they don't know you that well at all…...

People who sit outside in their car while they scratch their lottery tickets only to go back in and take more time from us!

And also anyone who thinks that Gampel is that much better of a home court advantage than Hartford could be…..(back at ya bass - lol)
Sales people who call me "buddy"
Anyone calling me "buddy"
People doing 50 mph in the left lane....get the hell out of the way!! You can do 50 in the middle or the right lane
"Media" outlets that create news instead of reporting news (I'm looking at you Bristol)
People who argue about Constitutional Rights they do not know or understand
People who defend "real Americans"
Parents who complain about the quality of thier children's education while being the main barrier to a good education
Parents who think their bad acting children are cute...they aren't they are annoying (and i love children)
Idiots watching a show about a family of quirky rednecks who are now offended one of them said something off color.....this was a surprise to you?
Participation awards.....only winners deserve trophies. Losers get the chance to get better so they can one day stop losing. It is called growth
The new rules "protecting" QB's and WR's.....I thought this was football
People who think Twitter is a good thing
David Ortiz
I always ask the guy at the convenience store how I got to be the "boss". Must be my stellar work ethic.

How about "Sport" or "Champ"?

Reaction Score
NYC Tourists (or touron's as I refer to them) who walk 4 across the sidewalks like they are in Omaha.

Idiots on cells phones who can't walk or drive in a straight line.

Bimbos who can't utter one full sentence without using the word "like".

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
  • People who pay by check at the grocery store
  • People who bring 15 items to the "10 items or less" checkout line
  • People who leave their shopping carriage in the middle of the aisle and then walk away
  • Salespeople who stalk me using LinkedIn and then cold call/email me incessantly (I'm looking at you, Oracle and Mondo)
  • Drivers who can't grasp the idea of taking turns when two lanes merge into one
  • Wives who don't understand the importance of regularly checking the Boneyard

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Try now. Better?

Clicking a thread on the Boneyard when....OOPS! The banner ad hasn't loaded yet! Everything scrolls down 2 inches and instead of clicking the thread title, I've magically clicked on some other thread (guaranteed to be crap), or someone's profile page (guaranteed no-bikini profile), or I've sorted all the thread titles alphabetically and now I'm staring at page full of Dr. DOS' right-triangle-prefixed thread titles instead of the most recent Cesspool threads (actually an improvement since the Cesspool has been having basically the same discussion for the past 100 years).

Bonus points for me when I go back and do THE EXACT SAME THING AGAIN instead of waiting the 5 extra seconds for the "Philippina women who want to meet me!" banner ad to be served up by whatever Russian mob has infiltrated the doubleclick network this week.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

• [ ]People who pay by check at the grocery store
    [ ]People who bring 15 items to the "10 items or less" checkout line
    [ ]People who leave their shopping carriage in the middle of the aisle and then walk away
    [ ]Salespeople who stalk me using LinkedIn and then cold call/email me incessantly (I'm looking at you, Oracle and Mondo)
    [ ]Drivers who can't grasp the idea of taking turns when two lanes merge into one
    [ ]Wives who don't understand the importance of regularly checking the Boneyard

And for some reason the check using demographics also wait for the entire order to be rung up, then wait for the cashier to tell them the amount, then start rumaging through their wallet to get the check book and then painstakingly fill out each block, enter all the check information in to the register and then hand the cashier the check.

Followed closely by those who wait for their entire order to be rung up before reaching in to their wallet for cash.

As if they were expecting to be the one millionth customer and get their groceries comp'ed as part of a promotion.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I lived in Borough Park for about a year and the D Train was easily my biggest grievance. It came about once a week, was delayed at almost every stop, the trains were old and the conductors annoying as hell. And now, of course, I live along the 4/5/6 line and have a whole new list of things to complain about.

The green line sucks so bad. But hey, then 2nd avenue subway we'll be done in.... two decades!

Reaction Score
the Prancing Elites
Sarah Palin and S Hannity, they need to thrown in a shark tank after it has been chumed
people driving down the road with 6 inches on snow on the roof, still
people driving in a driving rain with no headlights on
litterbugs of all ages that are trashing our roadways
God, for not making the cartilage in our joints more durable
the CT lawmakers for giving us the 2nd highest gas tax and then robbing the fund to pay for Social programs

temery

What?
Reaction Score
This past summer I was behind a lady with two full carts. She had her coupons and cash in hand, and cashed out in under 30 seconds, for under $50.

It was a thing of beauty.

And for some reason the check using demographics also wait for the entire order to be rung up, then wait for the cashier to tell them the amount, then start rumaging through their wallet to get the check book and then painstakingly fill out each block, enter all the check information in to the register and then hand the cashier the check.

Followed closely by those who wait for their entire order to be rung up before reaching in to their wallet for cash.

As if they were expecting to be the one millionth customer and get their groceries comp'ed as part of a promotion.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
JCSuperstar said:
Praise JC! It's a Festivus miracle! I'm going to write a check to "The Human Fund" in your name right now!

Post/handle

Reaction Score
Getting stuck behind a person who appears to be planning their retirement at the ATM machine.
Pork barrel spending where senators wipe each other's ass to keep the money rolling in to their constituents.
Pony-tailed girls driving slow in the left lane with a cell phone stuck to their ear.
Obnoxious Cuse fans and ignorant Pee Cee fans.
Chris Berman's voice.
People who abandon their pets at shelters for selfish reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom