Blanca Quiñonez Commits to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Blanca Quiñonez Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
They won't be frosh next year. But historically if I look at #1/#2 ranked recruits over the years (I'm assuming Lobo and Ralph were not) Sales, Tamika, DT, Strother, Tina, Maya, KML, Stewie, MoJeff, Katie Lou, Walker, Cwill, Paige, and Azzi - I would say 9 of 14 turned out to be dogs their 2nd year. You could argue 8 if excluding MoJeff and Azzi as dogs their soph year though Azzi was injury related. There is no way to account for that for
Shea was USA Today national player of the year coming out of high school…she was probably pretty close to the number one recruit.

Reaction Score
They won't be frosh next year. But historically if I look at #1/#2 ranked recruits over the years (I'm assuming Lobo and Ralph were not) Sales, Tamika, DT, Strother, Tina, Maya, KML, Stewie, MoJeff, Katie Lou, Walker, Cwill, Paige, and Azzi - I would say 9 of 14 turned out to be dogs their 2nd year. You could argue 8 if excluding MoJeff and Azzi as dogs their soph year though Azzi was injury related. There is no way to account for that for current players.

But less than 8 out of 14 / or 10 out of 14 if looking only at their frosh year. Thus imo there is a much higher chance that Sarah is a dog next year as a Soph vs Blanca as a Frosh. And based on when UCONN gets #1/#2 recruits from H/S, I think using histrorical info - there is a strong chance that Sarah will be a Dog her soph year.

Hey, I think any anointing of Blanca is wildly premature. I have high confidence about Strong and good confidence about El Alfy but it's also premature to call them the top dogs of 2026.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've watched a few complete games with Jazzy and she is smooth. That's the thing that really strikes you. Not speed. I don't mean she's slow, but speed is not what you first notice about her. By contrast, Blanquita looks very quick. That's what the coaches who worked with her say, and I think it's why a few folks thought she was reminiscent of Maya. Also, I can picture her defending against Juju or Jazzy. She has the right sort of athleticism.

I have no idea about Agot, but she may be redundant now, if there's still a chance of landing Lara.

I agree about Jazzy. The first word to describe her is "smooth."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
GY5M8oqXcAIdPH2

Reaction Score
Hey, I think any anointing of Blanca is wildly premature. I have high confidence about Strong and good confidence about El Alfy but it's also premature to call them the top dogs of 2026.
It's a prediction just as we try to back up or predictions who might start etc. And to start things off, I was asking why Blanca over Sarah. If Blanca has an elite 3 she appears to be extreme too. But the X Tweet didn't imply elite.

Reaction Score
For more information about Blanca and her Italian Team consider:
GOOGLE: Magnolia La Molisana Campobasso, Italy. On that
home page click - "magnoliabasket.it" then: "translate"- to English.
Next go the item A1 Women, click, and then click ROSTER.
Blanca is the ninth photo, scroll down, She is #11. The stats listed
there record her teams play since 2020- 2021 ( three years of playing for Blanca
on various "LA MOLISANA MAGNOLIA" teams;) eg "A1 / youth" 2020 - 2021
"A1/ European Cup" 2021 - 2022 and "A1 Italian cup". 2022 - 2023. In these
three years she played in 23 games 152 points; 30 games 222 points:,
and 25 games 232 points Respectively . I did not look at all the photos or videos but
it was obvious that she was one of the regulars on the team ( see games
played and points by other players ) She is obviously one of the youngest
if not youngest on the team. One player on her team is Que Morrison who
is listed as playing with the University of Georgia ( some time in the past ).
Enjoy. !! GO UNCONN!

Reaction Score
The star of her Italian team is Sara Scalia from IU, one of the nation’s best three-point shooters.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I was just thinking, we’re becoming the next USF but just on a different competition level
I should have given Geno's answer to Jose's question......A CHANCE FOR A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The star of her Italian team is Sara Scalia from IU, one of the nation’s best three-point shooters.
Sara Scalia is my cousin Her dad texted me today and he is on his way to Italy to see Sara . He will send me reports on Blanca. He sent me pictures of Sara and Azzi playing together in Saras backyard. He is friends with Paiges dad too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom