Blanca Quiñonez Commits to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blanca Quiñonez Commits to UConn

Reaction Score

You have to scroll to see all the highlights... Blanca is Quick,
Athletic, with a good " motor, and plays good defense (I
loved the interception with the high leap for the ball ). The
offense is clear, so the "other things" made me think:
" IN GENO I TRUST ". Welcome Bianca Francheska Quinones
Mina. !!! I think I got the spelling correct!

Reaction Score
Sometimes it may be prudent to take a while to ponder over important decisions.

However, I find it refreshing that this talented young athlete wasted no time in recognizing the opportunity she was being offered: a chance to fill one of a very limited number of slots to play for the best coach in women's college basketball (and one of the best coaches in BB ever), in the College Basketball Capital of the World.

Welcome, Blanca!

Reaction Score
So what does this mean for Somfai and Makeer?
This means we got a real good guard, So be happy and stop complaining. I don't think it hurts us as far as other recruits, Look at the video she looks pretty darn good. Happy we got her !

Reaction Score
I trust Geno, if he traveled all the way to Italy, watched her play in person and then offered her a scholarship, then she must have really impressed him. He already has a good idea of how many scholarships he has available for next season and most likely which other recruits will commit for next season. So, welcome to the family.

Reaction Score
Blanca Quinones' FIBA and EuroBasket information.
Ms. Quinones played for Ecuador in the FIBA SOUTH AMERICAN WOMEN'S
CHAMPIONSHIP (I.E. 8 South American Teams with Brazil winning ) on August
1 - 6, 2022. Ecuador at the time was ranked #93 in the WORLD. FIBA listed Ms.
Quinones birthday as August 3, 2006, and thus she was still 15 years old
at the time of this tournament. The Brazilian team included Kamilla Cardoso
of the University of South Carolina, Kamilla was born in 2001 and also
playing for Brazil was Stephanie Soares of Iowa State, born 2000. They were
the "young" members of the Brazilian team (Other players years of birth: 1994 (2), 1990, 1998,
2001, etc... you get the idea!) On the Ecuadorian team, Ms. Quinones was the
youngest player on that team (two other Ecuadorian players were born in 2002, and others birth years ranging
from 1989 to 2002. Again, you get the idea).
FIBA in 2022 had Blanca's height as 182 cm = approx. 6'0".
On the EUROBASKET web page (accessed today, 10/2/2024)
Blanca was listed as 186 cm = 73.22 83465 inches = 6.1023622 feet =
(better understood as) 6 feet 1.2283465 inches = or just over 6'1".
Her EUROBASKET team is Magnolia La Molisana from
Campobasso, Italy. Italian, Series A 1. She is listed as a SF (small forward).
They are now 1-0 and the team's and Bianca's progress can be followed by
going to the EUROBASKET web page and clicking on Series A1 and looking
for CAMPOBASSO (or some abbreviation of that name.)
In brief, Bianca Francheska Quinones has been playing with the
BIG GIRLS for quite a while. I also will search the link https://
www/features/the-worlds-best-prospects-take-on-
the-NBA- academy. This could be very interesting! GO UCONN!
Go BIANCA!!
I just checked the "WORLD'S BEST... TAKE ON THE NBA
ACADEMY" by Gabriella Lewis. It was published in "THE NEXT".
Ms. Lewis article discusses the most recent NBA ACADEMY and the current " foreign rising
stars". Her report on Blanca: "THE OVERALL TOURNAMENT STANDOUT is 15-year-old
Bianca Quinones, a 6" 3' wing." This is the source of some of the
wrong information about Ms. Quinones (IMHO), but the article is a nice commentary on the
program that introduced UCONN to A. Edwards and N. Muhl.!!

Last edited:

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I trust Geno, if he traveled all the way to Italy, watched her play in person and then offered her a scholarship, then she must have really impressed him. He already has a good idea of how many scholarships he has available for next season and most likely which other recruits will commit for next season. So, welcome to the family.
Agreed..how many of us had heard abt LLS b4 she signed? In Geno I trust!

Reaction Score
OMG! She looks awesome. And this came on so suddenly. I only saw one post about her a few days ago and now she’s committed. I wonder how he found about her. And I’m impressed at how well he kept this under wraps. Was he trying to keep Jeff or José from getting to her first?
Love the way she finishes around the basket:D!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Runs like a gazelle, defends like a demon, and can finish with both hands at 18 years young. What's NOT to like? And BTW, she JUST turned 18 on August 3!

Meant to ask for reference... if she were an American, where might she be ranked? Top 10? Top 20? Top 50? etc.?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno had to go to Italy? It must have killed him.

Blanca looks like a real keeper. Perhaps an already polished "athletic wing" that UConn often gets in raw form (Greene, Harris, Griffin). At least in the short bits of the highlights.

Very exciting signing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t want to get too far out on my skis here. With the likely departure of Paige after this season, I had wondered who might take over next season’s team as the “BIG DOG?” Certainly, there are lots of potential players who might do so.

Blanca is a young, 18 year old, playing in the Italian pro league at the A1 level. She’s more than holding her own and she’s got the complete package at both ends of the court…….

Just sayin……

Reaction Score
I don't know anything about this kid, but I love the idea of recruiting someone like her. Appears to be tough, skilled, athletic, and battle-tested. An 18-year-old playing in a European league with women in their late 20s. She scores and rebounds. Don't know how good the league is, but it couldn't have been easy to be a teenaged Ecuadorian playing overseas.

I'm like you, I don't know her, even though I like to keep up to date with international basketball. So, I did some research, she's a native of Ecuador, she took part in the Americas U18 championship in 2019, even though she wasn't 13 yet, she did well. In 2022, she played in the South American senior championship, having just turned 16. She currently plays in Italy for La Molisana Magnolia in Campobasso. I've attached her last game, she played a little over 18 minutes, entering the game at 25:24, so you can place your cursor on the scroll line of the video and click, she's wearing #11 in white.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reaction Score
I don’t want to get too far out on my skis here. With the likely departure of Paige after this season, I had wondered who might take over next season’s team as the “BIG DOG?” Certainly, there are lots of potential players who might do so.

Blanca is a young, 18 year old, playing in the Italian pro league at the A1 level. She’s more than holding her own and she’s got the complete package at both ends of the court…….

Just sayin……
Strong will be the big dog in years to come IMO.

Reaction Score
Geno had to go to Italy? It must have killed him.

Blanca looks like a real keeper. Perhaps an already polished "athletic wing" that UConn often gets in raw form (Greene, Harris, Griffin). At least in the short bits of the highlights.

Very exciting signing.
I just read that according to her mother who accompanied her to Italy, Blanca really doesn't like pasta.........I'm amazed Geno still signed her......:rolleyes:;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom