Big 12 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Big 12

Reaction Score
We’ll know when the ACC will implode. 3 months after the UConn to B12 rumors start.
Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The B-12 is an interesting league. None of the football teams play any defense and none of the basketball teams play any offense.

Reaction Score
Two more victories by the men‘s basketball team this weekend will go along way to fulfilling this prophecy.

Reaction Score
The B-12 is an interesting league. None of the football teams play any defense and none of the basketball teams play any offense.
That's better than the defense the Big East football teams play.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Somebody supports UConn football
I'm glad you do, I do as well. I'd be willing to wager at a far higher level (both financially and in terms of time invested) than all but a couple in this board.

Reaction Score
I'm glad you do, I do as well. I'd be willing to wager at a far higher level (both financially and in terms of time invested) than all but a couple in this board.
BMOC.

Reaction Score
There is not a less likable person in sports media than Paul Finebaum.

Skip Bayless, Keith Olbermann, Stephen A. Smith, Darren Rovell, Kendrick Perkins, Mad Dog, Mike Francesca, Jason Whitlock, Jeff Goodman, Pat Forde, Clay Travis, Colin Cowherd, Jim Rome, WEEI generally, and Paul Finebaum blows too.

Reaction Score
Skip Bayless, Keith Olbermann, Stephen A. Smith, Darren Rovell, Kendrick Perkins, Mad Dog, Mike Francesca, Jason Whitlock, Jeff Goodman, Pat Forde, Clay Travis, Colin Cowherd, Jim Rome, WEEI generally, and Paul Finebaum blows too.
All very unlikeable, but to me Paul is the worst.

Reaction Score
There is not a less likable person in sports media than Paul Finebaum.

I find the guys that continually post unfounded conference realignment rumors on Twitter to be pretty unlikeable.

Reaction Score
I guess my question was does anyone know what the basketball program would get BE now vs Big 12 now in actual dollars?
Isn’t that irrelevant as the money goes into the same budget .
If we went into the Big 12
At full share our distribution from conference would be between $40- 50 million
The footballl budget might see a $20 million increase the rest would be distributed as we saw fit ,
When.you add in attendance increases it might be another $10,000,000

Reaction Score
What does Title IX have to do with football programs breaking off into their own conferences?
You have the same Title IX requirements as long as you’re carrying the same number of scholarships. Football having a large number of players is responsible for 3-4 Women's teams under that law.

Reaction Score
Isn’t that irrelevant as the money goes into the same budget .
If we went into the Big 12
At full share our distribution from conference would be between $40- 50 million
The footballl budget might see a $20 million increase the rest would be distributed as we saw fit ,
When.you add in attendance increases it might be another $10,000,000
IF we ever got the Big12 invite, I'd imagine it would be at a partial payout for several/many years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IF we ever got the Big12 invite, I'd imagine it would be at a partial payout for several/many years.
That seems to be the new reality. The devil is in the details of course. It depends on the amount of the "partial" payment and its duration.

Reaction Score
I’m probably naive but I always assumed this is the move we make once we HAVE to. In other words, once the powers that be relegate the Big East out of power status in basketball. If we have to take the same money but live in a conference that will survive the shifting landscape, so be it.

Reaction Score
I’m probably naive but I always assumed this is the move we make once we HAVE to. In other words, once the powers that be relegate the Big East out of power status in basketball. If we have to take the same money but live in a conference that will survive the shifting landscape, so be it.
Well the Big12 viewed our FB as an albatross, so hopefully it is more than the same money we are getting now. Any additional money beyond what we get now should be focused on improving FB. I think we were #2 nationally in money allocated toward BB 2nd only to Duke, it was reported during the NCAA tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom