OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 303 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I have no idea who J. Kenji Alt is. Looked him up, apparently J. Kenji Alt and Portnoy hate each other and have had a running feud for a while.
Kenji is pretty much the last word on doing food right. Portnoy is the last word on being Tuckers Chad bro. Do the math.

Reaction Score
Kenji is pretty much the last word on doing food right. Portnoy is the last word on being Tuckers Chad bro. Do the math.
Just reading up on J. Kenji for the first time and he also seems like a tool. Social media meltdowns and threatening to ban certain people from his restaurant. He may be a good cook but so are tons of other people, it doesn't exempt him from being a tool. Portnoy is a cash cow, it doesn't exempt him from being a tool.

He certainly isn't the last word on doing food right, lolz.

Reaction Score
Just reading up on J. Kenji for the first time and he also seems like a tool. Social media meltdowns and threatening to ban certain people from his restaurant. He may be a good cook but so are tons of other people, it doesn't exempt him from being a tool. Portnoy is a cash cow, it doesn't exempt him from being a tool.

He certainly isn't the last word on doing food right, lolz.

Kenji has a bad case of politics brain but he is probably the best recipe author I have come across and honestly I do value his opinion over “doing food right” over probably anyone else alive.

Reaction Score
We probably need a separate Portnoy thread, but I've compared him to this generation's Howard Stern. If you recall, Stern was the "King of All Media" with a movie, books, radio, TV exposure. Came up from a local DJ to a national media presence that influenced buyers of all types.

Portnoy started out similarly with a newsletter, then a small website and now spreads his reach across every social media avenue. He assembles "wack packers" and a team with Frank the Tank and all of his podcast roster. When he promotes High Noon, Pink Whitney and any merchandise, it sells. He's got the same knack of people listening to them because they love him AND listening to him because they hate him.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I’ll take Zuppardis or Modern over Sally’s any day. Not the same since Consiglio’s sold it, except for the price.
I think when Sally's is on they put out the best pie, but Modern and Zupps are more consistent.

Reaction Score
I’ll take Zuppardis or Modern over Sally’s any day. Not the same since Consiglio’s sold it, except for the price.

Like them all but Zupps is last of the 4 for me, too inconsistent on the crust.

Had a mozzy pie (bad start there because I ordered a tomato pie) from Pepe’s Manchester last weekend which is usually solid. It wasn’t very good for them. Large chewy crust which is highly unusual plus overall thick for a Pepes pie.

Reaction Score
Like them all but Zupps is last of the 4 for me, too inconsistent on the crust.

Had a mozzy pie (bad start there because I ordered a tomato pie) from Pepe’s Manchester last weekend which is usually solid. It wasn’t very good for them. Large chewy crust which is highly unusual plus overall thick for a Pepes pie.
I’ll take Modern 1st, then Zuppardis, then Sally’s, then Pepe’s. If it’s a clam pie or sausage pie, I’d take Zupp’s first. Pepe’s in Danbury is ok, but very inconsistent, have had great pies there some nights and other times it was awful. There’s something about the mushrooms that Zuppardis puts on their pies, definitely a cut above other places.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna keep posting Fuoco until it gets the recognition it really deserves

It belongs in the debate

Reaction Score
I’m gonna keep posting Fuoco until it gets the recognition it really deserves

It belongs in the debate
Fuoco is borderline top 10 in CT, and that's a great thing. It just means that we have literally a dozen or so great options.

Reaction Score
Fuoco is borderline top 10 in CT, and that's a great thing. It just means that we have literally a dozen or so great options.
I’m gonna start asking (not necessarily you)

Name the places that are better

Is the list more than 4

I get it Modern and Zup may be better. I’ve seen Buffalina too and I plan on going. But how big is the list that’s better than Fuoco

Reaction Score
Olde World, Modern, Zuppardi's, Roseland, Grand (Guilford)...there's 5 right there.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Grand Apizza has been in Guilford for at least a few years now. Mike runs the one in Clinton and his sons, I believe, now run the Madison and Guilford locations. Grand Apizza has always been a great place even the brothers location in North Haven is good.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Grand Apizza has been in Guilford for at least a few years now. Mike runs the one in Clinton and his sons, I believe, now run the Madison and Guilford locations. Grand Apizza has always been a great place even the brothers location in North Haven is good.
I love the North Haven pizza. I kind of zone out on that stretch of Rt 1 in Guilford.

Reaction Score
303 pages in and we’re still on the Sally’s, Pepe’s, Modern issue.

For you and @August_West

1696810694466.png

Reaction Score
Too close for me to choose and of course its your own preference but the Big 3 in New Haven Sally's, Pepe's and Modern are the best but if I'm pressed to decide I will go with Pepe's but its close

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom