OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 268 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
As someone who works in Fairfield, the pizza game is very weak there. Nauti Dolphin is meh, Luigi's is solid, Sally's was terrible, Planet Pizza is bad, Pepe's can be great or awful depending on the day.
Testo's Pizza, formerly Three Corner is legit.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
As someone who works in Fairfield, the pizza game is very weak there. Nauti Dolphin is meh, Luigi's is solid, Sally's was terrible, Planet Pizza is bad, Pepe's can be great or awful depending on the day.

No love for Steffano's? Great pie, been there for ages.

Reaction Score
Went to Sally's after the UConn women's game in New Haven. A Uconn friend who now lives in SLC and his gf were visiting and they wanted to go so we waited an hour to get in. Got a small clam pie, the white potato pie with bacon and a tomato and mozzarella with sausage. Thought they were good, nothing blew me away. I like Modern's take on the clam pizza with hot peppers and bacon although I could have probably just asked for it. Thought the service was pretty mediocre. So many good pizza places in the area that it's hard to justify waiting in line for that long but it seemed like Pepe's just down the road also had a decent line to get in around 4pm.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Testo's Pizza, formerly Three Corner is legit.
i noticed that, down the street, the capitol avenue brick oven place has changed names, and assumedly, owner.
have you tried it since? any reviews?
tho al is technically in fairdale, that Bridgeport neighborhood/intersection is a fascinating microhood. ya got tree corner, the lotto boys store, the jets barber, subway, the kung place, and the new packy, making that area a beehive of activity every single weekday afternoon.

Reaction Score
i noticed that, down the street, the capitol avenue brick oven place has changed names, and assumedly, owner.
have you tried it since? any reviews?
tho al is technically in fairdale, that Bridgeport neighborhood/intersection is a fascinating microhood. ya got tree corner, the lotto boys store, the jets barber, subway, the kung place, and the new packy, making that area a beehive of activity every single weekday afternoon.
Haven't tried the former Brick Oven. You're either a Three Corner guy or a Brick Oven guy....

Regarding the neighborhood, the takeout Chinese place up Wood Ave a couple blocks is excellent.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Haven't tried the former Brick Oven. You're either a Three Corner guy or a Brick Oven guy....

Regarding the neighborhood, the takeout Chinese place up Wood Ave a couple blocks is excellent.
i think that when a new Bridgeport police officer signs the first contract, they are surprised to read the section stating 'all your lunches must be purchased at that chinese restaurant.' lol. that place is famous.
im friendly with the nice lady who has the jamaican place across the street. also popular with fans of jerk chicken.
'chicken de china, the chinese chicken, have a drumstick and ur brain stops ticking....'
not me, chinese, jamaican, or otherwise. pretty funny to learn that the one chinese chicken dish i sometimes like, general tsao's, was arguably invented here in the US. fortune cookies, too. SF and LA are still arguing aboot who had it first.

Reaction Score
Just had some pizza at the Aqua Turf yesterday at a school event. Was damn good. Thin crust, crunchy, a bit tough and non-gooey cheese. Just the way I like it. Should’ve asked if they made the pizza in-house or had it delivered.

Reaction Score
i think that when a new Bridgeport police officer signs the first contract, they are surprised to read the section stating 'all your lunches must be purchased at that chinese restaurant.' lol. that place is famous.
im friendly with the nice lady who has the jamaican place across the street. also popular with fans of jerk chicken.
'chicken de china, the chinese chicken, have a drumstick and ur brain stops ticking....'
not me, chinese, jamaican, or otherwise. pretty funny to learn that the one chinese chicken dish i sometimes like, general tsao's, was arguably invented here in the US. fortune cookies, too. SF and LA are still arguing aboot who had it first.
Love jerk chicken; I will have to try that place. I drive by it all the time. There's hundreds of Jamaican joints in Bpt, so hard to know which ones to try.

Reaction Score

“Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana has added some heat to its menu, featuring a limited-time chicken diavolo pizza through March 26.

The new pizza features oven-roasted chicken coated in hot sauce, white onions and Gorgonzola cheese, along with mozzarella, Pecorino Romano and a drizzle of olive oil

Thread just ain’t the same without @8893

I never thought I'd live to see the day that Pepe's serves up a Buffalo Chicken pizza and tries to pass it off as fancy.

Also 100% agreed, the pizza thread needs @8893

Reaction Score
Just had some pizza at the Aqua Turf yesterday at a school event. Was damn good. Thin crust, crunchy, a bit tough and non-gooey cheese. Just the way I like it. Should’ve asked if they made the pizza in-house or had it delivered.
It likely came from the Back Nine at Southington Country Club. Same family.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
National Pizza Day folks.

1675961429615.png

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
National Pizza Day folks.

View attachment 83971
obviously, pepperoni and mushrooms rule. as an often za baker, i know that my work for a crowd is done when i put mushies and pep on them, or just pep.
pepperoni rules. twas ever thus.
people have issues with green peppers and eggplant. not me, they're magical health food.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Just posted this on twitter, but, anyone remember Rossini’s?

Reaction Score
Any recommended pizza places north of Hartford? Not too far off I-91 hopefully?

I’m with @temery on Red Rose in Springfield. Some words of caution: their crust is thick, especially around the edges and a large is usually grid cut (a small is the size of a large down here in CT). But their sauce is magnificent and the place has serious character.

Option 2 is Antonio’s in Amherst. Solid college town pies. My go-to in grad school.

Option 3 is to stop off at Treehouse in South Deerfield, immediately off of 91, where you can pick up some hazies and grab one of their fairly tasty pies.

Reaction Score
Capped off a wonderful post-game walk around Calf Pasture Beach and brought home some pies from Magic 5 Pizza Co. in East Norwalk.

My pick was their Fig Jam pie: goat cheese, tomato sauce, fig jam, caramelized onions and arugula (I passed on the bacon). Lovely choice: the jam wasn't too sweet and paired nicely w/ a red blend, nice poofiness of the goat cheese and little bit of saltiness while the arugula added brightness and bitterness.

Overall, super balanced and will replay. It's within my top-3 of their pies along with their Margarita and their clam pie.

Screen Shot 2023-02-12 at 11.40.54 AM.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom