OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 267 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Been getting pizza at Pepe's 2 or 3x a year for the past 40+ years. We order 2 or 3 each time we go.

I must have had 300+ pizzas there over my lifetime. Easily.

Today's was the worst ever. It was bad in every way. From the sauce to the crust to the overburning (I'm talking a black half of the pizza). We didn't have time to reorder so we paid and left half the pizza there.

Wild.

I always loved that place.

It's been inconsistent in the past. This was a debacle. What's up with the lack of taste on the sauce? Or just the lack of sauce PERIOD.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Been getting pizza at Pepe's 2 or 3x a year for the past 40+ years. We order 2 or 3 each time we go.

Today's was the worst ever. It was bad in every way. From the sauce to the crust to the overburning (I'm talk black half a pizza). We didn't have time to reorder so we paid and left half the pizza there.

Wild.

It's been inconsistent in the past. This was a debacle. What's up with the lack of taste on the sauce?
Ouch.

Reaction Score

Today's was the worst ever. It was bad in every way. From the sauce to the crust to the overburning (I'm talking a black half of the pizza). We didn't have time to reorder so we paid and left half the pizza there.

Wild.

It's been inconsistent in the past. This was a debacle. What's up with the lack of taste on the sauce? Or just the lack of sauce PERIOD.
Which Pepe’s did you go to? I’d stay away from the one in Fairfield and in New Haven. Though recently had a terrific pie at the Danbury location after having had a bad experience there a couple years prior.

Reaction Score

Wild.

Maybe at one time Pepe’s was good but I’d rather have a pepperoni slice from Costco.

Reaction Score
Which Pepe’s did you go to? I’d stay away from the one in Fairfield and in New Haven. Though recently had a terrific pie at the Danbury location after having had a bad experience there a couple years prior.
New Haven

Reaction Score
We found ourselves in the NW corner over the weekend and our favorite, the Berkshire Cafe was mobbed. We hit Pizzeria Marzano which has now become my favorite pizza in that area. The closest I've had to true Neapolitano crust. Excellent sauce with real San Marzano tomatoes and prime toppings. A nice little quirk... buy a draft beer or glass of wine and get a refill for 5 CENTS! My beer was $9 with a 5 cent refill. My wife had a $9 glass of wine with a 5 cent refill. Hard to get a $4.50 craft beer anywhere in the world.

Reaction Score

Wild.

That's depressing to hear.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What time should the Boneyard get there?

There are yarders already getting the save the date, @8893 wont post anymore but hes coming! there will be more yarders there. And maybe more yarders for the after hours portion even ( as we dont want most of you at the proper wedding ;-) ....

So here are the deetz. Wedding at Home - Smith Farm Gardens. Wedding starts at 2:00 pm. Cocktail hour 3:-4:30 Dinner 4:30-5:30, Wedding band and debauchery until 8:30 . Thats when the wedding officially stops...... Then the wedding is officially over and a second stage 100 yards from wedding tent sets as a jamband fest (with people who would melt the minds of people who know) from 8:30 on......when the electric stage has to shut down, then there is an acoustic firepit. The Zuppardis truck running from 7-11. Sorry for partying last time I got married was in a church. This time it's for me (us). Figure out the date and show up after 8 and you could get your own pie.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
@August_West, congrats on the nuptials and the invite but unfortunately I won't be able to make it in from Chicago. Since you're my go to music guy can you tell me a little bout the band the band Goose. They are coming out here in April and the shows are already sold out. Should I scalp and go see them?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
@August_West, congrats on the nuptials and the invite but unfortunately I won't be able to make it in from Chicago. Since you're my go to music guy can you tell me a little bout the band the band Goose. They are coming out here in April and the shows are already sold out. Should I scalp and go see them?

Scalp, no. But those are my CT guys, and great guys to boot, they are well worth seeing. Wait and if you can get in for around face later, go!

QDOG5

Reaction Score
@AreBee1969, I haven't chatted with you since we were discussing our kids and their various college choices. Hope all is well with your fam. I'm Torrington born and raised and have had many Berkshire za's through the years. I've been long gone from Ttown so I texted my boys about Marzano's and they raved about it. I'm going to have them bring one up to the Cape when we go golfing in September.

Reaction Score
@AreBee1969, I haven't chatted with you since we were discussing our kids and their various college choices. Hope all is well with your fam. I'm Torrington born and raised and have had many Berkshire za's through the years. I've been long gone from Ttown so I texted my boys about Marzano's and they raved about it. I'm going to have them bring one up to the Cape when we go golfing in September.
It has been a while QDOG! All is well, thanks. Hope all is well with you and yours too. Did not know you were a T-Town guy! I am New Hartford born and raised and spent the majority of my formative years in Torrington. My family owned the liquor store in the Torrington Parkade where I worked from the mid '80s to early '90s. I'm sure we probably crossed paths at some point! The Berk was always our "go to". It's slipped a bit, but still really good. Hope you get a Marzano pie!

QDOG5

Reaction Score
Your family owned the Grog Shoppe? I'm must have bought some beer from you over the years. I lived up in Squire Hill so that was our go to packy.

Reaction Score
It has been a while QDOG! All is well, thanks. Hope all is well with you and yours too. Did not know you were a T-Town guy! I am New Hartford born and raised and spent the majority of my formative years in Torrington. My family owned the liquor store in the Torrington Parkade where I worked from the mid '80s to early '90s. I'm sure we probably crossed paths at some point! The Berk was always our "go to". It's slipped a bit, but still really good. Hope you get a Marzano pie!
Love the Berkshire Pub pie and salad very good stop. This means I will need to try Pizzaria Marzano now I guess!

Reaction Score

You guys remember Murph that worked for the fire department and Al that always wore the tie? Who was the bartender, blonde whose name escapes me? Good kid, good looking?

QDOG5

Reaction Score
I know Murph, he was a year behind me in school. Not sure about Al or the bartender but I moved out to Chicago in
'85. I'll ask my buddies who still live in the area.

Reaction Score
I know Murph, he was a year behind me in school. Not sure about Al or the bartender but I moved out to Chicago in
'85. I'll ask my buddies who still live in the area.

We only met Murph because a few of us traveled down to Harwinton 7-8 times a year at Fairview Farms which always made the Berk Pub our 19th hole. Kind of regulars of plus we’d buy the locals beers a lot because they were so welcoming. And he was always there!

Reaction Score
Saw goose at PITS this month. Great music if it’s in your wheelhouse. I loved both sets but thought the second set was a little more phishy than the first but that could have been because weir joined them for a few songs in the 1st set. Definitely worth checking out.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
There are yarders already getting the save the date, @8893 wont post anymore but hes coming! there will be more yarders there. And maybe more yarders for the after hours portion even ( as we dont want most of you at the proper wedding ;-) ....

So here are the deetz. Wedding at Home - Smith Farm Gardens. Wedding starts at 2:00 pm. Cocktail hour 3:-4:30 Dinner 4:30-5:30, Wedding band and debauchery until 8:30 . Thats when the wedding officially stops...... Then the wedding is officially over and a second stage 100 yards from wedding tent sets as a jamband fest (with people who would melt the minds of people who know) from 8:30 on......when the electric stage has to shut down, then there is an acoustic firepit. The Zuppardis truck running from 7-11. Sorry for partying last time I got married was in a church. This time it's for me (us). Figure out the date and show up after 8 and you could get your own pie.
got it.
from the kindness of ur heart, ur throwing a big shindig afterparty for your pals al and murph's nuptials, in Torrington at a liquor store named the berkshire pub. free za (on topic!) will be had, as we are entertained by the mellow notes of 'grateful goosefish.' seems like roasting marshmellows will also be on the agenda.
sweeeeet. plus 137 if u need a headcount for the napkins.
one question tho - will we also be getting covid? iirc, that was a parting gift at your last soiree. it would be nice to include 'bring your own bucket' on the invite if that's the case.
and since ur all Connecticut country now, could you ask grateful goosefish to play this one? it allways makes the folks jump up, and break out in the quickstep.

congratulations.

Reaction Score
Has anyone ordered non-CT pizza from Goldbelly? Got a giftcard and ready to pull the trigger, I had New Haven style pizza from there in the past that was decent but want to give something else a try.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom