OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 266 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Science appears to argue for oven reheating (covered with foil) or cast iron skillet with drops of water (not oil) and a lid. YMMV.

I find the oven thing too time consuming and wasteful of foil, but it works. I'm a convert to the cast iron plus water & lid method.

I'll add this. I know of no human being who would spend 35 minutes to reheat pizza so I'm calling BS on the oven method mentioned in the article.

Reaction Score
Air fryer is the way to go to get the crispness on bottom of crust.
Second best way is a hot cast iron skillet with a drop of oil.
I love my pizza heater box, keeps it good and hot, not just soggy warm. All the way home. When I have the time and don’t feel like going out. I’ll make my own dough, and roll it out. Though you do need a large pizza stone that’s at least an inch thick.

Reaction Score
Has anyone tried Inferno Apizza in North Haven? Olde World is my go-to for my stops at Twelve Percent Beer Project, but I’ve been hearing good things lately about Inferno.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
well, there u have it...
one poster sez 'I had it from their Fairfield location a couple weeks ago and it was subpar,' while another adds 'i did too and felt the same way.'
add in me (it's State Street Extension, dagnabbitt! not Commerce Drive! tho, to be fair, they really did add a lot of commerce to the area, good job), and it's a landslide! no bueno! the people have spoken! all three of us!

i never heard of a warming bag for us laypeople since, in winter transport (notsomuch warm weather) where the clock ticking danger is dryness, i use a 13 gallon kitchen trash bag to keep in the moisture -the life blood since almost everyone reheats if they're bringing it back. of course, the majority of our bakers pies are delivered, so there's that.
think aboot it- the only possibility for a normal, run of the mill, decent za from a baker, ending up not being completely eaten, is the dreaded, unsalvagable, jaw breaking, 'too hard to eat!' dried out pizza crust, often late the next day, or on day 2 (or later!). fridges dry them out, so forget that. also, fridges mess up the grab and go thing. way too much work.
if it's old yet still soft, it gets eaten, while the chances of breaking ur teeth, or more likely, chomping on that pizza shard of glass that tears up ur mouth, dissuades many from bravely chowing on when its rock hard.
not me. if it's pizza, i eat it. straight up, and not like some older relations who dunk the dry crusts or manageable dry slices in to coffee. i always tell them 'the war is over! we won! ur making me look bad!'
i think that stella dora baked goods are only bought by war survivors, except mebbe those little chocolate filled cookies. those are made for the rest of us.

i never seen no one, no where, ever dunk a slice or even a crust from a 'pickle pizza.'

Reaction Score
Has anyone tried Inferno Apizza in North Haven? Olde World is my go-to for my stops at Twelve Percent Beer Project, but I’ve been hearing good things lately about Inferno.
Haven’t might have to give it a go. Olde World is fantastic it can hold its own vs the big 4

Reaction Score
Chris is a long time New Haven area pizzaiolo. Very solid pizza - he just started up a pizza truck (Rolling Inferno) to compliment his business. You won’t be disappointed.

Reaction Score
What about 3 minutes on broil setting? Lol.

That’s me.
Make sure you have a large thick pizza stone 3/4 to 1 inch, under it. You could also splurge for the pizza heater that plugs into the cigarette lighter of your car like I did. Your pizza comes home hot, not just warm, no matter how long your drive. Bring a pair of scissors and cut a large corner out of the top of the box.

Reaction Score
Olympic Pizza in Glastonbury is the worst Greek pizza on the planet!
Is that the one right near the South Glastonbury post office? I think I had that once many years ago. Angelo's makes a very good Greek pizza though, and I'm generally not a fan of that style.

Reaction Score
Is that the one right near the South Glastonbury post office? I think I had that once many years ago. Angelo's makes a very good Greek pizza though, and I'm generally not a fan of that style.
Yes, it is.

Reaction Score
Have pizza prices gone nuts everywhere? I was going to order a med pizza from a dominos that just opened up in my area.

$47
The large sausage & mushroom I got from Danbury Pepe’s a few weeks back was $34, with the $10 coupon I had on my phone it was $27 plus tax, and the pie was excellent!!! $47 being charged by Dominos is laughable.

Reaction Score
Old New Haven pizza places that I thought would never close: PalmBeach Pizza inFair Haven-- I thought they were almost as good as the big 3 back then.

& Naples Pizza near Yale. They made really good pizza there, though granted we were there for the cheap beer ($1 or $2 pitchers back in the 80s when we were teens).

Reaction Score
Honestly this is better than a lot of the pizza we get in Buffalo. Only one place around here compares well to New Haven Pizza, but everywhere else might as well just pop open a can of Pillsbury and slather it.

1673448312719.png

Reaction Score
The large sausage & mushroom I got from Danbury Pepe’s a few weeks back was $34, with the $10 coupon I had on my phone it was $27 plus tax, and the pie was excellent!!! $47 being charged by Dominos is laughable.
Pizza Hut charges over $50 now.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
For what???

I used to have a "special" pizza delivery guy in NYC, a.k.a. bike messenger, but that is probably going by the wayside once the dispensaries get their prices down closer to the black market :cool:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lot of good pizza in East Haven. No reason to stop there for me b/c a few more minutes and I'm at Zupp's or New Haven proper, but if you're in the area....
And just like that, I slammed my hands on my desk and said, "I'm going to Sally's for lunch!!"

Temporarily closed for annual maintenance.

That is my life.

Reaction Score
Pizza Hut charges over $50 now.
Not where I live near Cocoa Beach. Since it is hard to find good pizza anywhere near me, I usually get a pizza from Pizza Hut. Never spend more than $15 or so for a large supreme.

Here is their deal today.
Medium 3-topping pizza, breadsticks and a 2 liter bottle of soda for $17.99. Same deal with 2 pizzas for $26.99.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Air fryer is the way to go to get the crispness on bottom of crust.
Second best way is a hot cast iron skillet with a drop of oil.
I largely agree with you both, except the gas grill>pan>cookie sheet

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Quick pizza reheating hack for when I'm busy (aka watching a game). I thrown my toaster oven on broil, and put the slice on top (not inside) for about 5 minutes. I don't have to watch it. Then finish it for 60 seconds in the oven. Works like a charm, pretty much fail safe/idiot proof.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom