OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 301 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I posted a picture and extolled Roseland's virtues most recently in June. And I certain others would agree.

Did somebody write something that gave you an impression that Riseland was disfavored?
Not at all. Just don’t see many people here extol the virtues of Roseland like they do the “Big 3”.

Reaction Score
That onion melted right into the pizza, not sitting on top half cooked. Man, George knows how to make a pizza.
They were busy for a Sunday night, probably related to the game (I picked up). Restaurant was all but empty but they were moving. The pie was essentially perfectly baked

Reaction Score
Hopefully you weren't watching the game as a Giants fan or that pie would have come back up
I grew up in central Jersey so I distantly follow them, mainly so I can mock Patriots fans

But not at all dedicated like last night made me upset. I was laughing more than anything.

Reaction Score
Not at all. Just don’t see many people here extol the virtues of Roseland like they do the “Big 3”.

I have Roseland in my 'next teir' after the Big 3 (original locations) in New Haven. My son is playing a baseball game at the new turf, Ryan Field in October and I hope to stop by for a pie before of after that game. Lots of good memories growing up as a Valley kid before moving as teen.

Reaction Score
Try Zuppardis in West Haven next time you’re around, also try Pepe’s in Danbury, sometimes it sucks and sometimes it’s awesome.
Zupp's is my jam so much so that I had the Zupp's Pizza truck at my wedding 2 months ago, 2 hours after the catered dinner finished and before desert. Who needs cake? Best Clam Pie, Best Sausage Pie, those are the only two Pizzas I need in my life so Zuppardis is my go to.
My daughter goes to Fairfield U. and they have a Zuppardi's truck on campus this year! I told her she doesn't know how lucky they are!

Reaction Score
Am i the only person around here who still thinks Roseland makes a great apizza? I know it’s not in the Wooster Street epicenter, and a medium bake is a must-request for those who like less char, but I’ve never had a bad pie from Roseland.
I’ve had some great pie’s from Roseland, that being said I also have had some no so good. It’s a cut above any mom and pop pizzeria but it can be inconsistent.

Reaction Score
I’ve had some great pie’s from Roseland, that being said I also have had some no so good. It’s a cut above any mom and pop pizzeria but it can be inconsistent.
Yup. But the same can absolutely be said about the Wooster Street locations of Frank Pepe and Sally’s.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but I wouldn’t say that about Modern or Zuppardis. Have never had a bad pie at either place.
That why you didn’t see me mention Modern. I’ve only had solid, yet unspectacular, experiences at Zupp’s.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
LOL "nine"

St louis is important only if the criteria is to poison you with Provel which is pretty much processed Cheez Whiz. And you are talking to a Cheez whiz fan here. I wont serve a cheesesteak without it.

The article was an instant fail once someone thought there was actually nine kinds of pizza people should care about.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
LOL "nine"

St louis is important only if the criteria is to poison you with Provel which is pretty much processed Cheez Whiz. And you are talking to a Cheez whiz fan here. I wont serve a cheesesteak without it.
For the record, I personally would only consider feeding Provel to lab rats but, to be fair you have to give it some credit. Considering how it's made and what it's made with, that it can almost pass for cheese is quite impressive.

Reaction Score
Am i the only person around here who still thinks Roseland makes a great apizza? I know it’s not in the Wooster Street epicenter, and a medium bake is a must-request for those who like less char, but I’ve never had a bad pie from Roseland.
It's exactly 13 minutes from my folks house. I bring it there often.

Reaction Score
Considering how it's made and what it's made with, that it can almost pass for cheese is quite impressive.

Never heard of it, and this got me curious so I looked it up.

It’s made from cheese. Your post had me thinking it’s made from pig’s lips or something.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Never heard of it, and this got me curious so I looked it up.

It’s made from cheese. Your post had me thinking it’s made from pig’s lips or something.
From what I've been told they start with American cheese (which, is not cheese but a processed cheese product), season it and add (unstated) other items to give it a flavor that somewhat resembles provolone (that's where the name comes from).

It's little more than bait for a mouse trap.

Reaction Score
From what I've been told they start with American cheese (which, is not cheese but a processed cheese product), season it and add (unstated) other items to give it a flavor that somewhat resembles provolone (that's where the name comes from).

It's little more than bait for a mouse trap.
You've just convinced me to never try it. :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What in the ungodly holy he11 is this abomination???

Supposedly an upstate Adirondack style pie?

Yes, @August_West , this picture is from Florida, but people are talking about like it's a delicacy.

I thought it was a spoof or joke at first, but people are legit loving on it.

Screenshot_20230914_083922.jpg

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What in the ungodly holy he11 is this abomination???

Supposedly an upstate Adirondack style pie?

Yes, @August_West , this picture is from Florida, but people are talking about like it's a delicacy.

I thought it was a spoof or joke at first, but people are legit loving on it.

View attachment 91432
The crust looks better than 99% of Florida pizzas I've seen. Don't know what that has to do with the Adirondacks though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom