OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 300 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
20 bucks is pretty standard for a non-chain 'za
Yeah I agree for good pizza. The best pizza place near us is $19 for a large. Pepe's up here in MA is $24 for an 18" large cheese pizza. This is 2023.

Reaction Score
That's the entry level price.

They shoot up to the $26+ range for the desired special pizzas etc.
That's the price of a "large" large $20. Of course toppings cost extra like at every pizza place in the country. Pepe's "large" large is $24, Sally's is $29.25, Piece "New Haven pizza" Chicago is $28...

Reaction Score
stay classy John.
John, stay dumb.
Screenshot_20230906-130953_Chrome.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Interesting. I’m in Cheshire at the moment and looked up Rossinis; looks awful in pics on Yelp. Sergio’s and Anthony’s seem much better. Hell I’d rather get the Greek/Bar stuff at Cheshire Pizza before what I’ve seen on Rossinis yelp page.

But of course Fuoco is indeed the best now

Like visiting or an east coaster now?

Reaction Score
Like visiting or an east coaster now?
Been back since mid June. Staying with the lady’s family until we figure out where we are going to shack up. May end up being Boston if a job works out. Also just trying to let the market chill out. Unfortunately I’ve had a wedding coming up (finally happening this weekend) and got fat over my last 6 months in SD so I haven’t been able to go crazy with pizza yet but I’ve been to:

Bar
Modern
Fuoco
Anthony’s Cheshire
Cheshire pizza

Can’t wait to get to more all along the coast. I have a pretty crazy list compiled thanks to this thread lol

Reaction Score
Interesting. I’m in Cheshire at the moment and looked up Rossinis; looks awful in pics on Yelp. Sergio’s and Anthony’s seem much better. Hell I’d rather get the Greek/Bar stuff at Cheshire Pizza before what I’ve seen on Rossinis yelp page.

But of course Fuoco is indeed the best now

Cheshire Pizza used to be a by-the-slice palce when I was in high school. It's really nice now, though I go there for non-pizza food and their beer menu.

Reaction Score
Disagree. His business will be under in 3 months. Barstool has a huge following that do "what they're told". I bet the Yelp for that spot is already destroyed.
But things might be looking up for the Davis Square shop. In the aftermath of the feud, customers have been turning out in droves to buy pizza and show support. Business has been so successful that Dragon Pizza had to close on Tuesday — they had run out of ingredients over the long weekend.

Reaction Score
But things might be looking up for the Davis Square shop. In the aftermath of the feud, customers have been turning out in droves to buy pizza and show support. Business has been so successful that Dragon Pizza had to close on Tuesday — they had run out of ingredients over the long weekend.

Can't comment on Dragon, though I think the behavior on both sides of this run-in was poor, as I don't recall them being around 20 years ago when I lived near Davis Square. I can advise that the calzones around the corner at Mike's are freaking huge and good. Used to get a large calzone there for $18 and it would cover 2 dinners and a lunch.

Reaction Score
Been back since mid June. Staying with the lady’s family until we figure out where we are going to shack up. May end up being Boston if a job works out. Also just trying to let the market chill out. Unfortunately I’ve had a wedding coming up (finally happening this weekend) and got fat over my last 6 months in SD so I haven’t been able to go crazy with pizza yet but I’ve been to:

Bar
Modern
Fuoco
Anthony’s Cheshire
Cheshire pizza

Can’t wait to get to more all along the coast. I have a pretty crazy list compiled thanks to this thread lol
Try Zuppardis in West Haven next time you’re around, also try Pepe’s in Danbury, sometimes it sucks and sometimes it’s awesome.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Try Zuppardis in West Haven next time you’re around, also try Pepe’s in Danbury, sometimes it sucks and sometimes it’s awesome.
Zupp's is my jam so much so that I had the Zupp's Pizza truck at my wedding 2 months ago, 2 hours after the catered dinner finished and before desert. Who needs cake? Best Clam Pie, Best Sausage Pie, those are the only two Pizzas I need in my life so Zuppardis is my go to.

Reaction Score
Zupp's is my jam so much so that I had the Zupp's Pizza truck at my wedding 2 months ago, 2 hours after the catered dinner finished and before desert. Who needs cake? Best Clam Pie, Best Sausage Pie, those are the only two Pizzas I need in my life so Zuppardis is my go to.
Zuppardis has to be the most consistent of all the joints. It's always delicious and rare to get one over or under cooked. And the clam is other worldly although I'm sure it's to expensive for @John

Reaction Score
Zuppardis has to be the most consistent of all the joints. It's always delicious and rare to get one over or under cooked. And the clam is other worldly although I'm sure it's to expensive for @John

When did Zuppardis open branches in Derby and Ansonia?

Reaction Score
Am i the only person around here who still thinks Roseland makes a great apizza? I know it’s not in the Wooster Street epicenter, and a medium bake is a must-request for those who like less char, but I’ve never had a bad pie from Roseland.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Am i the only person around here who still thinks Roseland makes a great apizza? I know it’s not in the Wooster Street epicenter, and a medium bake is a must-request for those who like less char, but I’ve never had a bad pie from Roseland.
Search "Roseland" and be amazed.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I posted a picture and extolled Roseland's virtues most recently in June. And I certain others would agree.

Did somebody write something that gave you an impression that Riseland was disfavored?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom