OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 280 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Yes, I was talking the one near TJX Headquarters. Haven't been up there since before Covid.
Yeah it's closed. I really hate how they closed so many of them. The pizza place next to there (North End Treats or something like that) that had decent pizza is also gone.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I went to Pepe's in New Haven Saturday. Had the white clam pizza I fell in love with decades ago. First time to the original Pepe's in years, and it's really better than all the franchises, significantly better. Also had a roasted red peppers pizza, so fresh and flavorful. We decided we're just going to go to New Haven from now on.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score

Brewport has been very respectable the few times I've gone, very good for large parties (and groups with kids), and have a full bar, something only Bar has out of the New Haven joints. And ladies love the salads. Gets nuts when there's an event at the arena or amphitheater. If it's strictly pizza, I'm still doing Pepes Fairfield, but Brewport is a good alternative.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What is in Framingham, MA? I hope it's a place I don't know about because there's no good pizza in this area that I'm aware of.
Jack's Abby Brewery in Framingham makes very good pizza.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jack's Abby Brewery in Framingham makes very good pizza.
Framingham is nuts. I had to stop there with a hungry tired 6 month old in may on way back from Portsmouth. The yelp took us to a Hilton that doubled as a medieval castle which we actually stopped at but food was closed, then we stopped at a Mexican place across divided road which seemed promising because we were the only non Spanish speaking people there and then they served me water boiled pork as carnitas. That’s one depressing area. You can see the Bose office though!

Reaction Score
Framingham is nuts. I had to stop there with a hungry tired 6 month old in may on way back from Portsmouth. The yelp took us to a Hilton that doubled as a medieval castle which we actually stopped at but food was closed, then we stopped at a Mexican place across divided road which seemed promising because we were the only non Spanish speaking people there and then they served me water boiled pork as carnitas. That’s one depressing area. You can see the Bose office though!
Come on, there's a Wendy's right there too! You should have gone the other way on Rt. 9 off 495, west towards Westborough. Plenty of places that way. By the way, you were a couple miles from Karaban's house. Should have stopped by. :)

August_West

Reaction Score
Come on, there's a Wendy's right there too! You should have gone the other way on Rt. 9 off 495, west towards Westborough. Plenty of places that way. By the way, you were a couple miles from Karaban's house. Should have stopped by. :)

So you know the castle im talking? I need the backstory on that place. A friend tells me they do a bluegrass fest every year. Im so intrigued.

Last edited:

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
So you know the castle im talking? I need the backstory on that place. A friend tells me they do a bluegrass fest every year. Im so intrigued.

It was built in the 1970's by Tom Flatley and branded as a Sheraton Tara. I looked at it in a portfolio years ago for a rating company. There were a few other "castle-style" hotels he built in the northeast, no idea why, but with real e$tate barron$ it's generally an ego thing.

August_West

Reaction Score
It was built in the 1970's by Tom Flatley and branded as a Sheraton Tara. I looked at it in a portfolio years ago for a rating company. There were a few other "castle-style" hotels he built in the northeast, no idea why, but with real e$tate barron$ it's generally an ego thing.
It’s really spooky these days and looks like a relic of a bombed out war

Reaction Score
There's one in Framingham, MA I stop into every time I'm in town for business.
Yeah, most have closed, the last time in Southington I was disappointed but in their day they were great. Trying to duplicate it at home. Anyone know how they are seasoned?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I assume you mean what used to be the Sheraton Tara. It fell into disrepair and was updated at some point. Now supposed to be converted to senior living. There is a good Italian place near there, Tomasso Trattoria & Enoteca. On the eastbound side of Rt. 9.

Framingham is weird, Rt 9 divides it into two very different places. To the credit of the Jack's Abby brewery guys, they started in the economically depressed part and when they had money to build a really nice brewery and restaurant, they stayed in the area to try to give it a boost. And it really does have good pizza.

Reaction Score
It’s really spooky these days and looks like a relic of a bombed out war
It was foreclosed on recently and sold at auction. Not sure who bought it. I go by it everyday and didn't know they had any food service there. Never heard about any bluegrass fest there. And that Mexican restaurant (Mazatlan) is very new. It used to be another Mexican restaurant. Haven't gone there and don't really have any intentions to.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The hotel that goes over the Pike was one. I used to stay at the Braintree one often.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
IMG_1300.jpeg

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
20230610_143713.jpg

This temporary storefront has been in place at the SoNo Collection for a few months, I was out on a bike ride yesterday and able to get a good picture. Assume fit-out is going on behind it, it's been such a long time since the location was announced I've been wondering if that branch would ever happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom