OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 279 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
The cheesesteak at the end got my attention. Anyone here ever try it? He mentioned D'Angelo as his fav which I agree but you can't find them hardly.
I haven’t tried this one but their sandwiches are insane. All about quality ingredients. Their store baked bread is quite good. If you go, try for a Thursday, when they usually do a pie special. The fried eggplant with basil oil is otherworldly.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
The cheesesteak at the end got my attention. Anyone here ever try it? He mentioned D'Angelo as his fav which I agree but you can't find them hardly.
Even thought I've never had it with cheese (an option I can't say I've ever heard anyone order), I am very skeptical the cheesesteak at Grigg Street could hold a candle to the tid-bit sandwich with fried onions and steak sauce at Greenwich Prime Meats around the corner on Bruce Park Avenue, the successor to the (RIP) Manero's butcher shop.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Call me a loser but I had a ton of Dave’s Bakery Pizza this MDW, so simple and good.
Peace Out Reaction GIF

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wait you talking about the chain D'Angelo?

Reaction Score
He's talking about a cheesesteak in Philly called Angelo's pizza not the northeast chain D'Angelo.

The cheesesteak at Grigg Street looks fantastic.

Angelo’s is great. 9.1 pizza too.

Reaction Score
I’ve been told beside Fuoco, he hit Olde World. I hope that’s true because they deserve some attention. Fantastic apizza.

Reaction Score
I haven’t tried this one but their sandwiches are insane. All about quality ingredients. Their store baked bread is quite good. If you go, try for a Thursday, when they usually do a pie special. The fried eggplant with basil oil is otherworldly.
Last week I finally gave Matt the owner of Griggs a jar of anchovies. We’ve had a running debate why he should offer anchovies pizzas. He gave me a pie with the anchovies and it was outstanding. If you go there next time ask for anchovies. Eventually he will get it on the menu.
Trust me. Anchovies pizza are the neglected nirvana.

Reaction Score
He stopped at Fuocco. Really happy for those guys, especially after the fire and the challenges faced before reopening. Have a feeling he liked their take on apizza.
maybe we've hit them on bad nights, but not impressed by their pizzas, plus they are very expensive compared to others.

Reaction Score
Anyone have feedback about Ernies in New Haven?
really solid place. i have lived right down the street for the last 6 years or so.

he uses a bit too much cheese for my liking -- i always ask for it with light mozz and still feel like it's too much -- and the crust isn't the same as the "big three" because it's a gas oven. still a really good pie though, and the staff/atmosphere is great as well.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
There's one in Framingham, MA I stop into every time I'm in town for business.

Reaction Score
There's one in Framingham, MA I stop into every time I'm in town for business.
What is in Framingham, MA? I hope it's a place I don't know about because there's no good pizza in this area that I'm aware of.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
What is in Framingham, MA? I hope it's a place I don't know about because there's no good pizza in this area that I'm aware of.
d'angelos Sandwich Shop And my bad, it's actually considered Natick.

Reaction Score
d'angelos Sandwich Shop And my bad, it's actually considered Natick.

Oh. Are you talking about the one on Rt. 30, right off the Pike, across the street from the Red Roof Inn? They closed that one 2-3 years ago. The one in Natick is at the rest stop on the Pike, which obviously isn't a convenient location unless you're driving Mass Pike East towards 128 and Boston. They closed a lot of the ones around here. There's still one in Marlborough off 495.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Oh. Are you talking about the one on Rt. 30, right off the Pike, across the street from the Red Roof Inn? They closed that one 2-3 years ago. The one in Natick is at the rest stop on the Pike, which obviously isn't a convenient location unless you're driving Mass Pike East towards 128 and Boston. They closed a lot of the ones around here. There's still one in Marlborough off 495.
Yes, I was talking the one near TJX Headquarters. Haven't been up there since before Covid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom