OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 134 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Had Little Rendezvous for the first time today... Eh. It was good and better than most, but not even in the same stratosphere as the big boys, imo...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Before I look, I'm guessing vodka.

Edit: nope. But I've been seeing stuff on adding vodka to dough for baking. Haven't tried it but the science seems interesting.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
So this is interesting

wait, hoad up. that pie in the pic, and in the vid looks downright nasty. dare I sayit--ballpark pizza. I thought the latest video blowhard za expert was gonna say add a little cornmeal in the dough, or mebbe don't forget to pour some oil on top, but nooooooo, I get a commercial for pepe's. I feel like Ralphie when he figured out the little orphan annie decoder ring scam. here, i'll help--'the ClifSpliffy world-famous Connecticut home pizza recipe!' as seen by 100's of thousands around the globe!
1. buy or make a one pound dough. cornmeal helps.
2. slice and distribute some fresh tomato,
3. add a half pound of scamozza. drizzle oil.
(variations encouraged, pizza stone helpful)
crank ur oven to the max and huck the pie in there. garruntee to not look or taste like that mess depicted. abbondanzza!

Reaction Score
Nothing special. You can get better tomatoes for za at any decent grocer. Even stop and shop has a couple decent brands.
Kind of strange that they use a Costco looking pizza in the commercial when they could have maybe, oh I don’t know, used a pizza from Pepe’s? ‍♂️

Curiouser
Reaction Score
2019 Final Four Best Restaurant in CT. Lost to Middletown's Bread and Water on Warwick Street.
Bread and Water is truly a hidden gem. One of the best fine dining experiences I’ve had in CT. Highly recommended to anyone that hasn’t tried it.
Went there for the first time a few weeks ago. Delicious food.
Bummer, I never it made it there but was planning to go soon:

Reaction Score

That sucks... I was hoping they were just doing more reno or something since I noticed it closed every time I drove by. It was just an awkward location and when I went he had detailed how devastating the fire had been. But the food was outstanding.

Reaction Score

That’s too bad. It was a special dining experience right in my hometown where you’d least expect it. There was talk I believe of the owner thinking about relocating to somewhere with a larger customer base. Somewhere like Glastonbury would make a lot of sense as it’s a more affluent area compared to Middletown and still in Central CT.

Reaction Score
Prince Street Pizza Spicy Spring squares . The best.

They dont have to be little.

Its the type of pepperoni.

You must use a good Natural casing pepperoni. You can ask the Pizza places what they use. I had stuff bought online that sells to Pizza houses, and I also have put Boars Head Natural casing sticks on my deli slicer. And they curl.

If you are interested here is the science on "Grease cup".

Why Does Pepperoni Curl? | The Food Lab

As far as who does that in CT. Ive had it here but Its kinda random.

I had Prince Street for the first time on Sunday. The square pepperoni is legit. Worth the 20 min wait outside in the rain.

Reaction Score
Harry’s pepperoni pizza in bishops corner West Hartford is to die for. I’ll still eat pepe’s, Luna, etc. but can’t stop won’t stop the Harry’s pizza machine. They cook it perfectly everytime.

Reaction Score
Grabbed a pepperoni pizza for takeout at Christo's Restaurant & Bar in Wallingford ,CT( Route 5) the the other night. It was really good. Baked well and very good crust too. Will go back and try other toppings on a pie.

Reaction Score
Harry’s pepperoni pizza in bishops corner West Hartford is to die for. I’ll still eat pepe’s, Luna, etc. but can’t stop won’t stop the Harry’s pizza machine. They cook it perfectly everytime.
If you want to get pizza in West Hartford, it's Harry's Bishops Corner or Savoy IMO. Never see the need to go elsewhere unless it's a 2AM regret pie.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Bobby’s? :)
I was going to make this a Reply on the "Always trust..." comment just above, but it fits better here.

After excellent Afropop at Best Video in Hamden on Sunday, I wanted pizza and elected to drive right past very nearby Olde World, but not to go home for my similarly reliable nabe Ernie's. Instead, I called in a small half white broccoli rabe & sausage, half red sausage & cheese and headed off to Bobby's based on multiple mentions and the @8893 B+ rating.

The red half was soggy & droopy, and the white half was nothing special, while the place did sport a credible enough vibe to support what I'd expected. Neither side was sufficiently transformed by a reheating back home of what I didn't eat in the car, though there was improvement.

Key takeaway is that I fully expected a peer to Olde World, Ernie's, and others that fill the same space. Absolutely not.

I'm not in North Branford environs enough for it to matter, but in a future visit to that neck of the woods, I would definitely opt for Supreme Seafood instead of pizza.

I do offer thanks from my adventures, however, because also on Rt 80 is Doody's, and this gave me an opportunity to take a picture and send it as a Mother's Day greeting to a former relationship whose sons & she have always had great fun with that word.

Reaction Score
If you want to get pizza in West Hartford, it's Harry's Bishops Corner or Savoy IMO. Never see the need to go elsewhere unless it's a 2AM regret pie.

Can never decide if I like savoy. Crust is good and I love a neapolitan pie, but they're skimly on the mozz imo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom