OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 119 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'll level with you, were drunk and need a nearby place more than anything else
Fat Cat & Colony will support you in drinking more.
Letizia's while more a take out ambience is probably best as drunk food.
The obligatory ask: who's driving?

Reaction Score
Boneyard, I need help. I'm in Norwalk tonight. What good pizza places are nearby?

There is a Colony Pizza in Norwalk. Its just north of I-95 and SoNo on the main drag in a new apartment building with free parking. It shares a courtyard with Barcelona Wine Bar and Sedona Taphouse. Its not New Haven and not even the original Colony in Stamford; but, its good.

As a FYI, there are a lot of dining choices in Norwalk.

Reaction Score
There is a Colony Pizza in Norwalk. Its just north of I-95 and SoNo on the main drag in a new apartment building with free parking. It shares a courtyard with Barcelona Wine Bar and Sedona Taphouse. Its not New Haven and not even the original Colony in Stamford; but, its good.

As a FYI, there are a lot of dining choices in Norwalk.
Is Pasta Nostra still there? Use to love the place, went there a lot years ago, best freshly made pasta I ever had. Their garlic & oil with bacon and cherry tomatoes was the best I ever had.

Reaction Score
Is Pasta Nostra still there? Use to love the place, went there a lot years ago, best freshly made pasta I ever had. Their garlic & oil with bacon and cherry tomatoes was the best I ever had.

To the best of my knowledge, no. I think Bruculino is in that space now.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing De Legna is comparable if not better than the big names in New Haven.

I have not tried it yet - what say you, pizza lovers?

(disclaimer - I have not read all 119 pages so I apologize if this is repetitive)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I keep hearing De Legna is comparable if not better than the big names in New Haven.

(disclaimer - I have not read all 119 pages so I apologize if this is repetitive)

God no.

Its good/really good Pizza. But yeah, no.

Reaction Score
da legna isn't new haven-style pizza. it's wood fired neopolitan-style pizza with a bunch of fancy toppings. it's good, and i'm glad it exists here in town, but if you want pepe's-sally's-modern, don't settle for da legna.

recently had "olde world apizza" in north haven for the first time. definitely one of the better, lesser-known pies in greater new haven.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
da legna isn't new haven-style pizza. it's wood fired neopolitan-style pizza with a bunch of fancy toppings. it's good, and i'm glad it exists here in town, but if you want pepe's-sally's-modern, don't settle for da legna.

recently had "olde world apizza" in north haven for the first time. definitely one of the better, lesser-known pies in greater new haven.

Could be a contender to be another Bobby's !

Reaction Score

1) Zuppardis
2) Modern
3) Sally's
4) Pepe's

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Absolutely solid pie. They came from Modern iirc. I believe they also have a pizza truck now.

Reaction Score
1) Zuppardis
2) Modern
3) Sally's
4) Pepe's
Wrong But I will admit Zupps make an awesome white clam if you don’t mind spending $25 on a small

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone know good spots for Sicilian or God forbid Chicago style in Fairfield County?

Reaction Score

Cracks me up that they don’t take credit cards but will take a check. Olde World is definitely one of the better pizzas outside of the top 3

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone know good spots for Sicilian or God forbid Chicago style in Fairfield County?
Jerry's Shakespeare Pizza in Stratford was my introduction to Sicilian pie. I probably ate more Sicilian slices there than the number of slices of pizza I have ever ordered at all other pizza places combined. I still have scars on my chin from the cheese falling off in one bite almost four decades ago. I believe they are still going strong, although I haven't had Sicilian in a very long time.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

They’re fine, but there’s really no point in going there when you’re in new haven. I’d comp them with a place like Krust in Middletown.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

You hosting a group of philistines this weekend or something?

You guys have Detroit-style pizza up there yet? We've now got three, all in the past two years. One is a chain (Jet's). Kinda like Sicilian- meets-Greek. Anyway, if there is one in Ffld Cty, that might do the trick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom