OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 108 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Roseland in Derby does not get enough love. It can compete with anything in New Haven.

Reaction Score
This is not a thread to read close to dinner, I'm fixated on
Yes Antico is good as is the pizza place in a Krog Street market, Veruni Napoli; ever been there?

I will say that pizza in Atlanta is better than pizza in DC; THAT is how awful DC pizza is.

the Italian Store in Arlington

Reaction Score
He releases one a day. So Sally's or Pepe's should be today.

@I Bleed Blue, thanks for posting this. I was thinking of posting this last night. My son is a huge One Bite fan and he showed me the Modern review the second I walked in the door last night. We've been asking for months why he hadn't been to New Haven yet. I'll be curious to see where he ranks all the New Haven places.

He previously reviewed Pepe's in Manchester and Chestnut Hill, MA but those were a long time ago and his scores back then weren't as consistent. My son calls those old reviews "rookie scores".

Your son is a man of great taste and culture

Reaction Score
Mystic Pizza - since SHO has been re-running movie. Not the MP in downtown, which is a fake.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’m not downloading the app. What was the score?

No matter. It can’t be valid with a scorched palate. Looked like a pretty perfect pie though. Nice crunch.
low for original Pepe’s imo

Reaction Score
He liked Modern a little better, 8.8 to 8.5 for Pepe’s. So NH pizza aficionados, what say you?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He liked Modern a little better, 8.8 to 8.5 for Pepe’s. So NH pizza aficionados, what say you?
Modern is my go-to for New Haven pie because less hassle by far than the other two and almost always great. Pepe’s has been thicker than remembered on last few visits, but that pie looked fine. Sally’s, at its best, has been my favorite of the three, but it is the biggest hassle so I go there least.

Reaction Score
That’s insane considering he gave Chestnut Hill and Manchester 9.3 each. 8.5 is still really good but I’m honestly a bit disappointed.
His older scores from a few years ago are not consistent with what he does today. But I agree 8.5 is too low.

I’ve been to Di Fara in Brooklyn recently which he gave a 9.4 and Pepe’s is better. He gave John’s of Bleeker Street 9.2 and everyone in my family said Pepe’s is better.

Last edited:

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
This is not a thread to read close to dinner, I'm fixated on

the Italian Store in Arlington
Yes, both IS stores in Arlington, but I'd take the subs there before the pizza. The subs are out of this world.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The guy is clown with a clown rating system. Serves him right to singe his mouth on hot pie, which is a fail. It is also likely to impair his ability to taste the Sally’s pie, which I assume was next.

Reaction Score
The guy is clown with a clown rating system. Serves him right to singe his mouth on hot pie, which is a fail. It is also likely to impair his ability to taste the Sally’s pie, which I assume was next.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
His older scores from a few years ago are not consistent with what he does today. But I agree 8.5 is too low.

I’ve been to DiFara in Brooklyn recently which he gave a 9.4 and Pepe’s is better. He gave John’s of Bleeker Street 9.2 and everyone in my family said Pepe’s is better.

Not to mention johns is better than diFara

Reaction Score
Some times these super long, years-old threads can be interesting for other reasons than their topic. @Gurleyman posted on the first page of this thread 5 years ago, a pretty well known name I’d think, made me wonder where he’s been. It’s been nearly a year since his last post.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score

I’ve been to DiFara in Brooklyn recently which he gave a 9.4 and Pepe’s is better. He gave John’s of Bleeker Street 9.2 and everyone in my family said Pepe’s is better.

DiFara is legendary with the old fella, but didn’t it land on the list for cleanliness recently? I remember reading an article about them that wasn’t very flattering.

Reaction Score
In my experience NJ has the best italian food but I never had truly great pizza there. It always gets lumped in as a part of the pizza belt but for pizza I have CT. #1, NY #2, and NJ a distant #3. Don't even get me started on RI being a part of the pizza belt.
Would philly and buffalo be in that belt? Though it would be rather long. Buffalo and philly do have some great pizzas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom