OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 98 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Has anyone had any of the pizza trucks for parties?

Think i had Crust at a party this weekend and i was pleasantly surprised. Not the greatest pies around but very good for what it was.

Curious if anyone has had other ones around and what they thought
I’ve had the Big Green Truck a few different times and it was always great. Hired Est for our own party last summer and it was excellent. Fantastic pizzas, endless varieties, great salad and dessert and cleaned it all up. Guests were blown away and more than a few have contacted us since to find out who it was so they could hire them. Would definitely recommend.

Reaction Score
Has anyone had any of the pizza trucks for parties?

Think i had Crust at a party this weekend and i was pleasantly surprised. Not the greatest pies around but very good for what it was.

Curious if anyone has had other ones around and what they thought
If you are in the Fairfield area, Fire Engine pizza truck. Can't miss.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hey @Deepster it’s my turn to pick up a few larges for rehearsal. Since this is your fav,what should I get? Hurry!

2P6hAFJ.jpg

Reaction Score
Another place I’ve yet to see mentioned is Sal’s Apizza in Meriden. It’s just off 691 and 66, new owner within the past year. It’s not in the same class as Pepe’s, Modern, Grimaldi’s etc but the toppings are excellent and they’re very generous with them. Broccoli and meatball is my favorite there. If you’re ever in the area, it’s well worth checking out.

Reaction Score
Fired Up Pizza Truck-New Haven Style Thin Crust Mobile Pizza

Friend of mine runs this. He grew up on Pepe's so you know he's a thin crust, charred around the edges kinda guy. Ask for Frank, and tell 'em RichZ sent you.
We have this truck at work every summer for our annual summer party, I always eat way too many slices, it’s that good. Tell your friend to keep up the great work.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Anyone been to the new Next Door pizza in the old Humphrey's space in New Haven? I believe one of the pizza makers there used to work at Pepe's. It's owned by the same people that run the Big Green Trucks...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone been to the new Next Door pizza in the old Humphrey's space in New Haven? I believe one of the pizza makers there used to work at Pepe's. It's owned by the same people that run the Big Green Trucks...
Have not been yet but a good friend went a few weeks ago and said it was great. I hope to get there soon.

Reaction Score
I travel a lot in Europe for my work, and the same was true when I was back in the states. I have sampled a lot of pizza, including Italy. The best pizza I have had is the pizza back in Connecticut and the surrounding states. I don't know if a lot of people in CT appreciate how good the pizza is. I didn't, until I started going on the road. The all time worst for me was northern California. They give you a dish of ranch dressing and you are supposed to dip your slice of already horrible pizza in the dressing. Right up there with N CA is Turkish pizza over here in Europe. I really miss that pizza from CT.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Another place I’ve yet to see mentioned is Sal’s Apizza in Meriden. It’s just off 691 and 66, new owner within the past year. It’s not in the same class as Pepe’s, Modern, Grimaldi’s etc but the toppings are excellent and they’re very generous with them. Broccoli and meatball is my favorite there. If you’re ever in the area, it’s well worth checking out.

Does he have Horsey sauce?

Reaction Score
Talk about a crap location. Ok in daylight, but after that good luck!

Reaction Score
Talk about a crap location. Ok in daylight, but after that good luck!

Yet Humphreys use to kill it. If the owners weren't greedy and just kept the new haven and orange locations rather than trying to expand more/ too fast they might still be around

Reaction Score
I can affirm that, despite what you may have heard on that 'Pizza Show', NJ pizza sux across the board. Don't do it anymore. Wait for NYC or CT trips.

Reaction Score
I love CT pizza overall but arguably the best pie I’ve ever had yet was from Giuseppina’s in Brooklyn. Thin crust, coal oven fired pizza cooked to perfection in 7 minutes. It was $30 for a two topping pie but worth every bite.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the first 95 pages, but I used to really love Geno's on New London Tpke in Glastonbury. I know it's not the type of pizza folks associate with the class of CT, but it was so good as far as thick, square pieces go. In that same class of pizza, Wilson Pizza in Windsor is also great.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the first 95 pages, but I used to really love Geno's on New London Tpke in Glastonbury. I know it's not the type of pizza folks associate with the class of CT, but it was so good as far as thick, square pieces go. In that same class of pizza, Wilson Pizza in Windsor is also great.

Funny, but I thought Geno's was the most average pizza I ever ate. But I know many Glastonbury locals who loved it. I believe Harry's is there now. Very good pizza despite being a bit on the pricey side.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom