OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 83 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Was it burnt? I'm not one of those that likes their burned crust.
Never liked how they skimp on the sausages too. They slice it thin, I mean at Zuppardis and Modern it's big chunks like it should be.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I finally tried the hot oil pizza at Colony Grill in Fairfield. Really an odd/unique pizza. Super thin, really tasty and good heat/spice. Not at all a traditional pie in many regards, but I can see the following for it, for sure.

Try it with stingers next time!

Reaction Score
So, I remembered that some folks in this thread were saying that Cumberland Farms pizza was "a pretty decent pie" and last week, I was on the road and pulled off for gas. Went in and saw the pizza and grabbed a slice just to see if it might change my mind.

Nope. It was garbage. I was right then, I'm still right now and anyone who likes that dreck is 1000% wrong.

Reaction Score
While not a contender for best in CT, LaSalle Market in Collinsville puts out some very tasty specialty slices. Great stuff in an old time market setting.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just in case anyone were interested. The Former Victoria's (which was the Former 7 Seas), across from the Groton sub base, is now J&J's Pizza Grill. I've been working down here a little over 5 years and this is the 3rd owner and/or name. The Pizza from Victoria's was very similar to 7 Seas. I haven't been to the current incarnation yet, but it has 9 5* reviews on Facebook, for whatever that is worth. It was more of a Greek style.

Fireside Brick Oven Creations in Gales Ferry is my go to because it is within walking distance and also makes really good, if not expensive, sandwiches as well. There is also New York Family (Slices) and Rolling Tomato, both in Groton that won't steer your lunch wrong.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
At Modern as I type. We odered a pepperoni, sausage &, mushroom. It was pretty close to everyone's opinion above. Especially the sausage. However we are 45 minutes away.

Rossini's in East Hampton is a reasonable facsimile and only 1/2 mile down the road.

Reaction Score
Had Mondo today, solid pie!!
Mondo as well as Naples in Farmington are both excellent places that are just shy of the New Haven level. Kurt who owns Naples is a UConn alum and was a part owner of Mondo until his friend bought him out. Yes, yes I am the Chief 00 of pizza.

Reaction Score
If you are in the neighborhood - give Inferno Pizza on Universal Drive in North Haven a go. New spot opened by a longtime New Haven area pizza virtuoso. Thin crust, New Haven style w/ right amount of char. White clam as good as any I’ve had anywhere else. Foxon Park served as a bonus.

Strip mall location w/ no trouble parking.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
While not a contender for best in CT, LaSalle Market in Collinsville puts out some very tasty specialty slices. Great stuff in an old time market setting.
Not bad, but their hot pastramis are their real winner.

Reaction Score
This guy is a decent follow on Instagram (especially if you travel the state):

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If you are in the neighborhood - give Inferno Pizza on Universal Drive in North Haven a go. New spot opened by a longtime New Haven area pizza virtuoso. Thin crust, New Haven style w/ right amount of char. White clam as good as any I’ve had anywhere else. Foxon Park served as a bonus.

Strip mall location w/ no trouble parking.

Foxon Park soda is not a bonus, it is a minimum requirement. If you walk into a pizza place and they don't have Foxon Park, leave, immediately.

The presence of Foxon Park was actually how I knew my hunt for decent Hartford-area pizza ended at Naples 5 years ago.

Reaction Score
Pizza in general is overrated.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
I buy a ton of stuff from amazon. Thanks for the heads up.

On the topic of pizza. Pepes as well as Jerry-san on RT34 are a factor in my son's college choices. Food is life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom