OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 243 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Angry Breaking Bad GIF
The Albuquerque place that made that pie for Walter White still gets huge numbers of orders for uncut, throwable pies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So that Atticus pie in the post above is a Red Pie topped with Walden Hill Guanciale, Wild Ramps, Pecorino, and Remo's Calabrian Chili Crunch.

And it’s pretty freaking awesome.
Chili crunch you say?

D8FD9C21-28F8-4C47-AA09-E4F088899192.jpeg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I've got some Chinese chili crisp in my fridge, not that brand. So how is on vanilla ice cream?

I've also got a Calabrian hot sauce. Much more friendly to Italian food than Asian hot sauces.
I don’t eat ice cream , chocolate or any kind of sweet ( except occasional sour patch kids) . I just don’t like it enough to spend the calories. I eat enough as it is . If it’s between desert and an appetizer of wings or an entra couple ounces on my steak, desert loses.

Reaction Score
I don’t eat ice cream , chocolate or any kind of sweet ( except occasional sour patch kids) . I just don’t like it enough to spend the calories. I eat enough as it is . If it’s between desert and an appetizer of wings or an entra couple ounces on my steak, desert loses.

Give me a cheese course over dessert 10 times out of 10.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I had to ask as it says to put it on vanilla ice cream on the label.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
When Sally’s is at their best no one can touch them. It’s that they are so inconsistent. Their plain pie is still boss no matter what kind of day they are having
I haven't had anything but good pizza from Sally's since September 2019. I think that's also when I first tried plain tomato after 40 years of never even considering it, and now love it. Adding cheese would be a clear error, though mootz & bacon always excellent.

Reaction Score
I haven't had anything but good pizza from Sally's since September 2019. I think that's also when I first tried plain tomato after 40 years of never even considering it, and now love it. Adding cheese would be a clear error, though mootz & bacon always excellent.
I agree. My wife always pleaded with me to try Sally’s plain tomato pie. I politely declined. I’m not sure what made me do it, but I gave in about 4 years ago. It was a pizza revelation. Now it’s my favorite.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Back on topic, Wooster St establishments are slipping.

View attachment 76062

You want fries with that? The "PIttsburgh Steak" pizza from SOHO on the north side: Garlic sauce, roast beef, sautéed peppers, onions, mushrooms and banana peppers. Topped with french fries and ranch dressing.

1651287153384.png

Although looking at your photo with the sliced hot dogs reminds me that I'm surprised ADub still hasn't bought/made himself a discada. Seems it would be right up his alley.

Reaction Score
This chili crisp talk for me thinking of the Momofuku Ssam sauce that I used to put on pizza, and everything else. Looks to be discontinued - anyone have recs for a similar product?

Reaction Score
I had to ask as it says to put it on vanilla ice cream on the label.
On my first visit to a fancy restaurant in Modena they gave me a free dessert: Vanilla ice cream with 25-year-old balsamic vinegar on it. The thought sounded repulsive, but that gooey, viscous stuff was amazing - like strawberry syrup only better. Then they gave me a small sample bottle to take home. This was 20 years ago and I still have never once since bought that yucky, watery, un-aged balsamic. Like wine and cigars - knowledge makes your life more expensive.

So, in addition to being a Connecticut pizza snob, guess I'm also a balsamic vinegar snob. Go figure...

Reaction Score
On my first visit to a fancy restaurant in Modena they gave me a free dessert: Vanilla ice cream with 25-year-old balsamic vinegar on it. The thought sounded repulsive, but that gooey, viscous stuff was amazing - like strawberry syrup only better. Then they gave me a small sample bottle to take home. This was 20 years ago and I still have never once since bought that yucky, watery, un-aged balsamic. Like wine and cigars - knowledge makes your life more expensive.

So, in addition to being a Connecticut pizza snob, guess I'm also a balsamic vinegar snob. Go figure...

While I don’t have the aged good stuff you do, I always serve balsamic syrup on strawberries. First timers always are amazed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

On one of Stanley Tucci’s “Searching for Italy” episodes he did a side trip to Modena from Venice. I watched the episode because we didn’t hit Venice last time but want to next time; after watching it, I added Modena as a must-stop. The food looks amazing (which I realize can likely be said about every damned corner of that beautiful country).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
While I don’t have the aged good stuff you do, I always serve balsamic syrup on strawberries. First timers always are amazed.
Yep. Macerated strawberries are the bomb.

I have an old bottle of the thick stuff I brought back from Bolognia 18 years ago. It was down to about an inch left, and I hadn't used it in awhile. Now it's rock solid.

Anyway, who's gonna be the guinea pig for the Szechuan chili crunch over vanilla ice cream thing?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyway, who's gonna be the guinea pig for the Szechuan chili crunch over vanilla ice cream thing?
Not me, because I don’t have the Szechuan chili crunch, but I recommend Hagen-Daz Vanilla Bean.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
On one of Stanley Tucci’s “Searching for Italy” episodes he did a side trip to Modena from Venice. I watched the episode because we didn’t hit Venice last time but want to next time; after watching it, I added Modena as a must-stop. The food looks amazing (which I realize can likely be said about every damned corner of that beautiful country).
Coincidentally, the Tucci show starts season two tonight, in Venice. The one I was thinking of with the Modena side trip is Bologna, which I have been to. But now Modena is on the list for next trip. And Venice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom