OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 242 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
So rare to find people who agree with me in these food fetish threads.

These people would eat a shoe if you told them that it was the best-eating shoe in Connecticut.
So you don't like lobster rolls or New Haven style pizza.

Where's the Fishy "food fetish thread" of what you like and where you think that's made best?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Am I the only one here who actually likes Domino pizza?
The Brooklyn crust is decent. I think it's better than what you get at a lot of New England Greek places. Won't put you in a food coma.

As for @8893's pie, I'll concur with Fishy. It's burnt (I don't mind a little char) and the ingredients aren't appealing, plus way too little cheese. Like @superjohn I prefer a simple pizza. Sauce, cheese and when desired a single meat topping. Fin. Toppings that are vegetable in nature need not apply.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The Brooklyn crust is decent. I think it's better than what you get at a lot of New England Greek places. Won't put you in a food coma.

As for @8893's pie, I'll concur with Fishy. It's burnt (I don't mind a little char) and the ingredients aren't appealing, plus way too little cheese. Like @superjohn I prefer a simple pizza. Sauce, cheese and when desired a single meat topping. Fin. Toppings that are vegetable in nature need not apply.

Two guys who live in Pizza wastelands (Metro Boston, and Hudson Valley) weigh in on Pizza.

You two should start a youtube review channel together. Call it the RedJay FoxHawk pizza review or some such thing. Its what happens when a Marist fan and a Kansas fan join together. Hell, you should let FriarJ join you too

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It’s also worth remembering that most of these places have children’s menus, which it seems many here would prefer. Although Atticus does not, they do have plenty of non-pizza offerings, and even mac & cheese and chicken tenders, so I am sure there is something you will like.

Reaction Score

Where's the Fishy "food fetish thread" of what you like and where you think that's made best?
I think he's mentioned before that he doesn't care what he eats. I guess fish don't taste their food.

Reaction Score
Still the best and I agree with your rankings. Once upon a time I thought Sally's was the best but no more.
When Sally’s is at their best no one can touch them. It’s that they are so inconsistent. Their plain pie is still boss no matter what kind of day they are having

Reaction Score
Angry Breaking Bad GIF

Reaction Score

I'll start: Best Cereal? Cheerios or Special K?

Reaction Score
Trillium Brewery in Canton believe it or not.
I was just there 3 weeks ago for the first time. My wife (born and raised on New Haven pizza) liked it. I thought it was just O.K.

The beer, obviously, is much better. Do they still have The Streets? Tremendous.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I was just there 3 weeks ago for the first time. My wife (born and raised on New Haven pizza) liked it. I thought it was just O.K.

The beer, obviously, is much better. Do they still have The Streets? Tremendous.
I like the Pizza, but as at a lot of places the cooking is variable. The pizza at Jack's Abby might be a bit better. The Streets is not available right now, they rotate and very few things are regularly available. The Mrs. picked up 5 4 packs, but some are for a friend from NJ.

Reaction Score
I like the Pizza, but as at a lot of places the cooking is variable. The pizza at Jack's Abby might be a bit better. The Streets is not available right now, they rotate and very few things are regularly available. The Mrs. picked up 5 4 packs, but some are for a friend from NJ.
My kids like the pizza at Franklin Flatbreads. Or maybe they just go there because they like getting ice cream after the pizza.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
My kids like the pizza at Franklin Flatbreads. Or maybe they just go there because they like getting ice cream after the pizza.
Franklin Flatbreads closed (It was also Tom Brady’s favorite ice cream place supposedly). It has been replaced by Sierra’s which moved across town, and is a “brick oven” pizza place with a bar and decent beers on tap. Trying to take advantage of the location on the pond and outdoor seating I think. Haven’t tried in the new location but those ovens should help.

Are you that close by?

Reaction Score
Franklin Flatbreads closed (It was also Tom Brady’s favorite ice cream place supposedly). It has been replaced by Sierra’s which moved across town, and is a “brick oven” pizza place with a bar and decent beers on tap. Trying to take advantage of the location on the pond and outdoor seating I think. Haven’t tried in the new location but those ovens should help.

Are you that close by?
20-25 minutes. Hit there when we were going by for baseball/soccer/basketball games or on the way home from the Cape or RI. My sons will be sorry to hear it closed.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
20-25 minutes. Hit there when we were going by for baseball/soccer/basketball games or on the way home from the Cape or RI. My sons will be sorry to hear it closed.
Pandemic casualty. It’s a great spot so I’m actually looking forward to pizza and beer on the outside patio by the pond as it warms up. Bigger menu for your boys, even without the ice cream.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom