OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 239 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
how about New Canaan, Bethel, Norwalk, Westport, Ridgefield area?
we want to try something new
have done the Colony Grill, Letizia's thing
thanks

Reaction Score
Probably belongs here. I made pizzagain for the first time today. Ham, Genoa salami, ricotta, scarmorza, parm and eggs. I went pie crust instead of pizza dough because that’s how my friends family always made it. Looks amazing and smells amazing. Can’t wait to dive into it tomorrow.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Probably belongs here. I made pizzagain for the first time today. Ham, Genoa salami, ricotta, scarmorza, parm and eggs. I went pie crust instead of pizza dough because that’s how my friends family always made it. Looks amazing and smells amazing. Can’t wait to dive into it tomorrow.
My grandmother and aunt used to make it; I started buying them from different places around 20+ years ago. Best I found and kept coming back to was from Liuzzi in North Haven; Gaetano's in Stratford is also very good.

We haven't hosted Easter in two years because of Covid, and last year I only got a half but it was still too much because I was the only one who ate any.

Even though we are back to hosting again today, I held off getting one this year because no one else was interested in the "heart attack on a plate." But I am missing it dearly right now. Interested to hear how yours turned out.

Reaction Score
My grandmother and aunt used to make it; I started buying them from different places around 20+ years ago. Best I found and kept coming back to was from Liuzzi in North Haven; Gaetano's in Stratford is also very good.

We haven't hosted Easter in two years because of Covid, and last year I only got a half but it was still too much because I was the only one who ate any.

Even though we are back to hosting again today, I held off getting one this year because no one else was interested in the "heart attack on a plate." But I am missing it dearly right now. Interested to hear how yours turned out.
I love ciccioli bread. It’s not for everyone and not something you can eat a ton of

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love ciccioli bread. It’s not for everyone and not something you can eat a ton of
I only got turned on to that a few years ago when friends brought some from Sapori d’Italia in Hamden. Amazing but I could have like two bites. Soaked in bacon fat iirc.

Reaction Score

I’ve been eating it all morning. I’m stuffed already. I think I need to find “basket cheese” next year and put in chopped up hard boiled eggs but I wouldn’t change anything else.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’ve been eating it all morning. I’m stuffed already. I think I need to find “basket cheese” next year and put in chopped up hard boiled eggs but I wouldn’t change anything else.
I think using basket cheese will result in an even denser final product than with the ricotta.

Anyway, if you have the time and a place to age it, you can make your own in a day (and another day for brining).

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Big Green Pizza Truck must sling some really good pizza. Somebody tried to get an order in on the fly...

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Big Green Pizza Truck must sling some really good pizza. Somebody tried to get an order in on the fly...

FYI - this place has great pizza.
easily top 3 for me
had it at the Travelers and a member-guest tourny
fantastic

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I hope that "ham" was prosciuttini and where is the basket cheese? Both very necessary for apizzagaina

Reaction Score
There's only one person I know that can eat 10 slices,his last name is cartwright he wears a big stupid hat and answers to someone named pa

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Finally had Sally's, completing the New Haven Trinity. Must say Modern is far and away my favorite, followed by Pepe's, with Sally's third. All great
What did you get at each?

Reaction Score
View attachment 72308 Has anyone tried the pizza from Atticus Market in New Haven? They don’t make pizza every day and I think they only sell 50 pies when they do. An acquaintance told me he had a spectacular pie from Atticus. Lots of chatter in CT pizza circles about them. I pulled this pic from their website….

came back here to say that i finally got pizza from the new atticus spot on orange street the other day. it was phenomenal -- easily the best of the new-school spots in town. reminded me a lot of sally's. the crust was the highlight, as you would expect from a bread bakery -- i am kind of amazed at what they can do with a small gas-fired oven.

it was also relatively quick (20-minute wait) and the location couldn't be nicer. ate outside on one of the picnic tables after biking around east rock. highly recommend.

Reaction Score
Thinking about dabbling in a DIY brick oven for pizza in the backyard. Any of our Pizza connoisseurs got recs for building it out? Not looking for major production rates, just an option to cook up some high quality homemade za's.

Reaction Score
Make sure you use firebricks for the floor and have good insulation
That's a great point... saw a video and they just bought random bricks and some pavers... seemed simple but I wasn't sure what types of chemicals/wear & tear would happen when exposed to high heat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom