Beer | Page 91 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Just moved to Santa Rosa this summer and live about 5 minutes away from the Russian River Brew Pub. Have been there a few times already and have been drinking their IPA, Blind Pig, and their DIPA, Pliny the Elder. Both are delicious. They also have a few sours on tap that are really good.

Took a drive into Healdsburg this afternoon and came home with a growler of Racer 5 IPA from Bear Republic Brewing Company. Pleasantly surprised with all the brewery options in and around Santa Rosa considering I'm now living in the middle of wine country.

Reaction Score
Just moved to Santa Rosa this summer and live about 5 minutes away from the Russian River Brew Pub. Have been there a few times already and have been drinking their IPA, Blind Pig, and their DIPA, Pliny the Elder. Both are delicious. They also have a few sours on tap that are really good.

Took a drive into Healdsburg this afternoon and came home with a growler of Racer 5 IPA from Bear Republic Brewing Company. Pleasantly surprised with all the brewery options in and around Santa Rosa considering I'm now living in the middle of wine country.
Since you're in Cali I would seriously recommend trying Anderson Valley's sours. They have one called the "Briney Melon Gose" and it's the best beer I've had all summer. There's a Blood Orange one too that I've heard good things about. Not too sweet and if your into sour beers, Anderson Valley really kills it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Great place to live! Russian River is up there with the best, and you are dead on with the Pliny and Blind Pig; and yep, even their sours are great.

Bear Republic's Racer 5 also very solid, as is their Hop Rod Rye.

Reaction Score
Took trip to Tree House Brewery in Monson, MA - easy drive, close to CT border and UConn. 1st time there, got 6 of Julius and 4 of Bright (double IPA). They sell 12 and I only got 10 due to cost- $4 a can for 16 oz- I'm a wuss. Anyway, still haven't tried them yet. Went from brewery to visit brother in Middletown and hadn't seen him for a while and gave him a can each of them- he offered me Yeungling in return, awful stuff, today during Pats game I'll try toe Tree House. That place had a nice smell inside and the line was nothing when I went, 2:30 pm, and I was in & out in 2 minutes.

A beer I've been drinking a lot recently and is more affordable is Lagunitas 12th of Never-

Reaction Score
They sell 12 and I only got 10 due to cost- $4 a can for 16 oz- I'm a wuss.
That's a bargain. I spent $22 for four 16 oz. cans at Trillium in Boston recently. It is kind of crazy they charge that but if you have a beer at a bar or restaurant that's about what it is so that's how I justify it.

And if you're spending that much time driving up to Monson, never mind the $0.50 per mile or so it cost to run a car, then splurge and treat yourself to as much as you can get when you're there!

Reaction Score
That's a bargain. I spent $22 for four 16 oz. cans at Trillium in Boston recently. It is kind of crazy they charge that but if you have a beer at a bar or restaurant that's about what it is so that's how I justify it.

And if you're spending that much time driving up to Monson, never mind the $0.50 per mile or so it cost to run a car, then splurge and treat yourself to as much as you can get when you're there!

There are some online private trading sites where cans of Treehouse are being bought by people outside the area for $25+ ea.

Reaction Score
There are some online private trading sites where cans of Treehouse are being bought by people outside the area for $25+ ea.
Yes, a friend of mine trades Treehouse beers all around the country and gets a great return for the Treehouse beers because they're in such high demand. So getting Treehouse beers is like getting Patriots tickets at face value and then scalping them for much more.

Reaction Score
Yes, a friend of mine trades Treehouse beers all around the country and gets a great return for the Treehouse beers because they're in such high demand. So getting Treehouse beers is like getting Patriots tickets at face value and then scalping them for much more.

Yeah what are Pats tickets about the same as the Treehouse Conndog got - $4 each for 4?

Reaction Score

Yes, that's good beverage territory. I'm down in Berkeley.

There's a great little store near me where I get my Pliny.

I still haven't been up to Russian River in February for their Pliny the Younger yet, but will make sure to go this coming year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Took trip to Tree House Brewery in Monson, MA - easy drive, close to CT border and UConn. 1st time there, got 6 of Julius and 4 of Bright (double IPA). They sell 12 and I only got 10 due to cost- $4 a can for 16 oz- I'm a wuss. Anyway, still haven't tried them yet. Went from brewery to visit brother in Middletown and hadn't seen him for a while and gave him a can each of them- he offered me Yeungling in return, awful stuff, today during Pats game I'll try toe Tree House. That place had a nice smell inside and the line was nothing when I went, 2:30 pm, and I was in & out in 2 minutes.

A beer I've been drinking a lot recently and is more affordable is Lagunitas 12th of Never-

Next time in Middletown visit Forest City Brewery and try Stargazer IPA and then compare to Treehouse
Also Stubborn Beauty Brewery next door has some nice brews

Reaction Score
I'm going to the Copenhagen Beer Fest in Boston tomorrow. For you craft beer lovers on here, any suggestions on things I should definitely try from this list of beers that will be there?

Beer - Copenhagen Beer Festival

Tree House was supposed to be there but I was told they booked another beer festival somewhere else first so they couldn't make this one. Too bad. Anyone have the milk stout they released today, All That Is And All That Ever Will Be? Friend of mine said it was the best milk stout he's ever had.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So, next Saturday, a new local brewpub with 20 taps of outside beer and several of its own is hosting Cantillon's annual Zwanze Day. 5 Cantillon beers on tap + Zwanze 2016. They are doing a Lambic Beer this year. Blueberry.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I'm going to the Copenhagen Beer Fest in Boston tomorrow. For you craft beer lovers on here, any suggestions on things I should definitely try from this list of beers that will be there?

Tree House was supposed to be there but I was told they booked another beer festival somewhere else first so they couldn't make this one. Too bad. Anyone have the milk stout they released today, All That Is And All That Ever Will Be? Friend of mine said it was the best milk stout he's ever had.
I agree with your friend the new milk stout is pretty amazing. Heard its the only time it'll ever get brewed but I hope not

Reaction Score

They were at Siptemberfest up at Mad River Glen. Besides them there was Lawsons, The Alchemist, Fiddlehead, my new favorite Foam Brew and many more. After the event enden wound up at the bar where all the brewers hang out and Tree House brought a keg of Julius. What a day.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Treehouse is a bargain at the price. 12th of Never is the best inexpensive beer I've ever had. Really cheap in 12 packs of cans ($16) and and excellent beer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yes, that's good beverage territory. I'm down in Berkeley.

There's a great little store near me where I get my Pliny.

I still haven't been up to Russian River in February for their Pliny the Younger yet, but will make sure to go this coming year.

You should be drinking Cellarmaker and Fieldwork.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Coming up in a little over a week is Beervana Fest, Cranston RI on October 14th. It's an epic fest every year and has expanded even more this year. I think there may still be a few tickets. I'll be there, as always.

Reaction Score
You should be drinking Cellarmaker and Fieldwork.

I just went to Fieldwork recently- their imperial was really good (Torrential, I think), as were a bunch of their other ipas.

Just checked out the Cellarmaker site- looks like my kind of place. I so seldom get into SF these days.

Reaction Score
They were at Siptemberfest up at Mad River Glen. Besides them there was Lawsons, The Alchemist, Fiddlehead, my new favorite Foam Brew and many more. After the event enden wound up at the bar where all the brewers hang out and Tree House brought a keg of Julius. What a day.
You just described what my perfect day would be, ah but alas:<

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Citrus typically grapefruit IPAs are all over the place and doable in heat. Agreed that sometimes you just need something else in warm weather. Not very exotic but Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner is pretty good. Stony Creek Dock Time Lager is good too.

Got some of the Nooner yesterday. Lives up to its reputation as a lawn mower/Honey Do List beer. You can have a few of them and not feel full or loopy.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Beervana in Cranston RI, has posted the beer list for next Friday. Pretty epic with 246 beers. I'll need to tread lightly. If you've never been it's a great fest. Still a few tickets left I think.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Beervana in Cranston RI, has posted the beer list for next Friday. Pretty epic with 246 beers. I'll need to tread lightly. If you've never been it's a great fest. Still a few tickets left I think.

That list is pretty impressive. But how many beers can you really try now that they are getting stronger and stronger?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom