Beer | Page 78 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Has anybody visited Beer'd in Stonington yet? I had some of the beers at a fest, but I'm trying to find some excursion for myself on June 25th, and thought about visiting.

I live about 10 minutes away. Very nice to visit each weekend. Also on that day about 10 minutes away Cottrell will be releasing for the first time their new double IPA on 25th.

Cottrell Brewing Co.

Reaction Score
I live about 10 minutes away. Very nice to visit each weekend. Also on that day about 10 minutes away Cottrell will be releasing for the first time their new double IPA on 25th.

Cottrell Brewing Co.

I always liked Cotrell's original Olde Yankee Ale since way back in the dark ages....I tried their Mystic Bridge IPA once.....it tasted nothing like an IPA....maybe their DIPA will taste like a regular IPA??? :)

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Wow world class is now 4 miles from my house.
Steady Habit coalesce the absolutely smoothest DIPA I've ever had.
It's like drinking carbonated orange juice . Get there soon I predict treehouse/ Nebco lines in a couple months
WeKn3Ui.jpg

I've been to Steady Habit 6 or 7 times and when it was good it was as good as anything I've had. But....

I also got some very off beer a couple times. One visit took over an hour to get fills when I was seventh in line (two people who came in after me went straight to the front of line.) another time I went they were closed during their limited open hours. They also rarely update their webpage.

The place would be awesome if they could get the service end ironed out.

Same distance for me to Treehouse or to Steady Habit.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I've been to Steady Habit 6 or 7 times and when it was good it was as good as anything I've had. But....

I also got some very off beer a couple times. One visit took over an hour to get fills when I was seventh in line (two people who came in after me went straight to the front of line.) another time I went they were closed during their limited open hours. They also rarely update their webpage.

The place would be awesome if they could get the service end ironed out.

Same distance for me to Treehouse or to Steady Habit.

Yeah the guys are pretty non business oriented. Their Facebook page is the only thing they really update.
That coalesce was incredible though, and now I'm out. :-(

Going to have to send wife on Friday.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Yeah the guys are pretty non business oriented. Their Facebook page is the only thing they really update.
That coalesce was incredible though, and now I'm out. :-(

Going to have to send wife on Friday.

Coalesce was the best thing I had there.

Just read the New England IPAs article you posted. Ended by saying that it is unlikely that there will be great leap in brewing. I think the next big advancement will be in distribution when we can start to get more of these crafted beers at the local stores.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Coalesce was the best thing I had there.

Just read the New England IPAs article you posted. Ended by saying that it is unlikely that there will be great leap in brewing. I think the next big advancement will be in distribution when we can start to get more of these crafted beers at the local stores.

The big change will be them finding a new style of beer, or furthering one of the other styles. In reading the article, they're still discovering new techniques in brewing the IPAs, so that style has been the real guinea pig. Once they start applying what they learn to other styles, I think you'll see some really wild stuff.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The big change will be them finding a new style of beer, or furthering one of the other styles. In reading the article, they're still discovering new techniques in brewing the IPAs, so that style has been the real guinea pig. Once they start applying what they learn to other styles, I think you'll see some really wild stuff.

They've been doing it with IPAs for 7-8 years, probably starting with Kimmich at the Alchemist. Shaun Hill at Hill Farmstead did some similar things. Sean Lawson at Lawson's finest is a little more tradition. Then there came a lot of people following it and taking it further, with Treehouse, Trillium, Folely Brothers and now even brewers like Singlecut in NYC making these less bitter, high late-hop addition IPAs. I love the trend, they are easier to drink and more flavorful. Some people like the west coast style, which is still made around here as well.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I always liked Cotrell's original Olde Yankee Ale since way back in the dark ages....I tried their Mystic Bridge IPA once.....it tasted nothing like an IPA....maybe their DIPA will taste like a regular IPA??? :)

Any shops near Stonington that might have NEBCO?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I'm heading up now for the Saison. Do I need to bring my own growler. If so, I am out.

Dove

Reaction Score
Crap. I'm here. No bottles pre-filled?

EDIT...Im told I should be good.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Crap. I'm here. No bottles pre-filled?

EDIT...Im told I should be good.

They are good guys up there. They will always make it work for you if they can. But you cant count on them having growlers or pre-fills.

Dove

Reaction Score
I got a 750 of the Method IPA. I was 5th in line and they erased the Saison on me.

Fml

Coalesce next week.

Reaction Score
They've been doing it with IPAs for 7-8 years, probably starting with Kimmich at the Alchemist. Shaun Hill at Hill Farmstead did some similar things. Sean Lawson at Lawson's finest is a little more tradition. Then there came a lot of people following it and taking it further, with Treehouse, Trillium, Folely Brothers and now even brewers like Singlecut in NYC making these less bitter, high late-hop addition IPAs. I love the trend, they are easier to drink and more flavorful. Some people like the west coast style, which is still made around here as well.

For me, the holy grail of IPAs would be the intense flavor (which i cant get enough of) but with less alcohol. I want to just keep drinking them but after 4 of the good ones i am a cheap date

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
For me, the holy grail of IPAs would be the intense flavor (which i cant get enough of) but with less alcohol. I want to just keep drinking them but after 4 of the good ones i am a cheap date

Check out some session IPAs. Two Roads lil' Heaven and Founders All Day IPA are a couple of good examples that are low ABV (under 5%) but have that IPA taste.

Dove

Reaction Score
Check out some session IPAs. Two Roads lil' Heaven and Founders All Day IPA are a couple of good examples that are low ABV (under 5%) but have that IPA taste.
Stoney Creek's Little Cranky is good. NEBCO's 668 Neighbor of the Beast, too.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

The best of them is Lawson's Super Session #2. I also like Firestone Walker Easy Jack. There are also some "ordinary" Pale Ales that aren't overly strong with plenty of flavor.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The best of them is Lawson's Super Session #2. I also like Firestone Walker Easy Jack. There are also some "ordinary" Pale Ales that aren't overly strong with plenty of flavor.

Honestly, I don't taste a huge different in most of the session IPAs. I'll take any of those three and be happy (although Super Session is very expensive compared to the other two I listed).

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score

Sea Hag is 5%

Hobo Life from Lord Hobo is 4.5% and dry hopped with citra

Treehouse currently has Eureka with Citra at 4.1%

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Sea Hag is 5%

Hobo Life from Lord Hobo is 4.5% and dry hopped with citra

Treehouse currently has Eureka with Citra at 4.1%

Sea Hag is 6%.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Sea Hag is 6%.

i guess a 6% beer is strong enough to create memory problems.

Don't know why I was mistaken. I can't find it around me so it's been a while since I've seen the can.

Reaction Score
Here's the Tree House line today at 3:00. It used to be a 5 minute wait at this time, but Wednesday just keeps getting more and more crazy.
treehouseline2.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom