Beer | Page 76 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
We'll be in Vermont for 3 weeks in late June/early July. Town called Dorset. Was hoping to make some quick trips to breweries. Just checked and all the good breweries (I've been to Long Trail many years ago) are way up north near the border, 3 hours away.

Does that restaurant in Worcester still serve Hill Farmstead stuff?

Reaction Score
We'll be in Vermont for 3 weeks in late June/early July. Town called Dorset. Was hoping to make some quick trips to breweries. Just checked and all the good breweries (I've been to Long Trail many years ago) are way up north near the border, 3 hours away.

Yes, the owner of Armsby Abbey in Worcester is friends with Hill Farmstead people, link to their beer menu:

On Tap | Armsby Abbey

Fiddlehead Brewing in Shelburne, VT is worth the trip too.

Reaction Score
My new favorite easily obtainable beer is Firestone Luponic Distortion. Pretty good.

Just tried this for the first time today. Awesome beer, was kind of shocked that it's 5.9% - tastes like a session with heavy tropical notes.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score

If that's near Brattleboro try Whetstone station restaurant they normally have stuff from hill farmstead and other VT beers

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 18
Reaction Score
If that's near Brattleboro try Whetstone station restaurant they normally have stuff from hill farmstead and other VT beers

Thanks! Will take this advice. Although it's not near Dorset, it is on the road to Dorset, which is just as good.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
...and yet the eurotrash knee-grabbing futbol board gets bumped to "UConn Athletics?" WTF.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, the owner of Armsby Abbey in Worcester is friends with Hill Farmstead people, link to their beer menu:

On Tap | Armsby Abbey

Fiddlehead Brewing in Shelburne, VT is worth the trip too.

I was at Armsby on Saturday. Always worth a trip.

If anyone likes golden lagers, try the Jack's Abby House Lager. Great price point, and a good beer to convert non craft beer drinkers to better beer.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A friend brought a few growlers (IPA, brown ale) from 30 Mile Brewing Co. in Old Saybrook to our party last weekend. It was meh-tastic. Quaffable, but that's about it.

Not a "best beer."

Reaction Score
Thanks! Will take this advice. Although it's not near Dorset, it is on the road to Dorset, which is just as good.

I love Dorset. Such a pretty town. We have a place in Stowe, which is my favorite small town in VT, mostly because it is closer to the the airport and because of the family recreation opportunities. Dorset is my second love. I have found it is full of academics and artists, no surprise you go there. Beautiful homes with beautiful yards. It feels extremely classy yet rural somehow.

Reaction Score
I love Dorset. Such a pretty town. We have a place in Stowe, which is my favorite small town in VT, mostly because it is closer to the the airport and because of the family recreation opportunities. Dorset is my second love. I have found it is full of academics and artists, no surprise you go there. Beautiful homes with beautiful yards. It feels extremely classy yet rural somehow.

Looking forward to it. We are being put up at an old manor in town so we can do our work, but I look forward to exploring the area.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My local guy has spoiled me lately with fresh Maine Lunch, SoS and Gandhi-Bot. I am taking this opportunity to drink them side-by-side, in the name of science.

Started with Lunch and it was so tremendous I thought it would be the clear winner. But I'll be damned if SoS wasn't right there with it.

Taking water break before G-Bot. Will report back.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No shame in G-Bot taking third by a hair, with a two-way tie between Lunch and SoS for top honors.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looks like we are back on the BB board.

Got a new beer Sunday I'd been looking for and not finding, Jack's Abby Excess Double IPL. Triple Dry hopped. It's an absolute hop monster.

But better still was Singlecut's Softly Spoken Magic Spells. I love the name and the beer. Incredibly soft, juicy and aromatic, with minimal bitterness. Reminds me of Hill Farmstead Abner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom