Beer | Page 75 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Has anyone had a chance to try trailblazer by pioneer brewing?

Someone told me it was treehouse esque but I have a hard time believing it
Crazy Bruce had some two weeks ago and since I'd never seen it I passed. I'll be sure to pick some up next time. It got some buzz on the Hartford Craft Beer Trading Facebook page...some claim it's close to Tree House and others are claiming BS. Questions whether it can "pull" Tree House in a trade. I've heard it's got the hazy dry-hop look and mouth-feel.
Greater Hartford Craft Beer Traders

Reaction Score
Crazy Bruce had some two weeks ago and since I'd never seen it I passed. I'll be sure to pick some up next time. It got some buzz on the Hartford Craft Beer Trading Facebook page...some claim it's close to Tree House and others are claiming BS. Questions whether it can "pull" Tree House in a trade. I've heard it's got the hazy dry-hop look and mouth-feel.
Greater Hartford Craft Beer Traders

My brother found a 4 pack in glastonbury going to try it tomorrow.

He described it as an entry level treehouse brew when he called me

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone try Terrapin's Sound Czech? Georgia based brewery but I think it's available up and down the eastern seaboard.

It's a Czech Pilsner. Seems like it might be decent as a summer brew after some yard work.

upload_2016-4-26_22-6-34.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-26_22-5-59.png
    upload_2016-4-26_22-5-59.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 63
Reaction Score
Well now I feel bad o just got back from Asheville, NC and that place is packed with good brewers and beer. Plenty of beer consumed and not a photo taken, but I will recommend a three day weekend there good suds, good assortment of restaurants and music all over the place.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know you said IPAs were out, but founders all day ipa is damn good for the summertime.

Almost all IPAs are good for the summer. I've always viewed them as year round beers. I drank a lot of Cigar City Jai Alai on my recent cruise through the Caribbean.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is it OK to nominate beer you didn't like at all? For me it's Dogfish Head 120 min IPA. Awful, plus it cost over 7 bucks a bottle at the packy. Kinda sad as the 60 min was my gateway IPA.

Reaction Score
I tried their IPA on tap at Outback Steakhouse on the Berlin turnpike the other day. Decent

Really no I didnt think Outback Steakhouse would ever ever have that on tap.

Reaction Score
Really no I didnt think Outback Steakhouse would ever ever have that on tap.

You callin me a liar? JK. I'm not sure which cranky is was, but it defentily was stony creek cranky IPA. At the bar on the right side lines between rebel IPA and I think ten penny. Maybe it's only the one in newington or a one time keg, but I know I drank it earlier this week.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Little Cranky is a great session IPA. Cranky is a fine beer right there with NEB's Lil' Heaven.

Have not had the Big Cranky yet.

Reaction Score
I was just recently introduced to Grapefruit Sculpin IPA - a really nice refreshing IPA.

Grapefruit Sculpin | Ballast Point

Had one last night only because my wife ordered a large on at dinner without trying it first and though it tasted like pickles. While I will forever be a domestic guy compared to you micr crazy guys, I kind of liked it and felt there was no pickle juice in it LOL

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've not been overly impressed with Big Cranky or any of the other beers from Stony Creek. A full step down from the likes of Lawson's, Alchemist and NEBCO imo.

Picked of a four pack (16 oz. cans) of Pioneer's Frontier, a "California style" DIPA. Good not great.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Checked out the new Barcade in New Haven yesterday. Nice to have another good beer joint in town, and this will be especially convenient when hitting a show at Cafe Nine. Funny how it's a totally different crowd than Prime 16 or Cask Republic.

I loved the original one in Williamsburg but haven't been to any of the others since they expanded the franchise. I was a bit bummed that my favorite video game, Tempest, is not in New Haven; and that there is no pinball, which I far prefer to video games.

Food looked good and lots of folks were eating; I'll have to check that out next time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom