So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Citrus typically grapefruit IPAs are all over the place and doable in heat. Agreed that sometimes you just need something else in warm weather. Not very exotic but Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner is pretty good. Stony Creek Dock Time Lager is good too.
Anchor Steam California Lager is also excellent. I find that I want my summer beers available straight out of the can.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Modelo Especial
Like @BoatShow states...try Harpoon's UFO Big Squeeze (grapefruit) [I am assuming this is widespread].
MGD
Heineken in cans are great.
Leinenkeugel Summer Shandy, of course. (Curious Traveler, tho, is better)

I'll try the Harpoon and Curious Traveler. I'm going Shandy-free this summer.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Spring is in full swing and summer's around the corner.

That means pools, beaches, boats, etc.

IPA's are out of the question, as are porter, stouts and other heavy beers.

Any suggestions for lagers, ales or pilsners that go down smooth in the heat? Bonus points if they exist nationally. Double bonus points if they come in cans (for beach and boat).
Mama's Lil Yella Pills from Oskar Blues

The Crisp from Sixpoint

For cheap, I like PBR or Narragansett Lager

And wheat beers are great in summer too, also many available in cans.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Two Roads Honeyspot Road White IPA is a really good summer beer, as is their lil' Heaven.

Session IPAs are lighter and usually fine for summer. I also would never turn down some Sip of Sunshine or Fuzzy Baby Ducks on a hot day :cool:

Reaction Score
Lucked into a bottle of Trillium Fort Point, holy crap is it good. Need to get up there and have more of their stuff.

Reaction Score
Dinner

20160416_170305 (1).jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A new clubhouse leader.

From Cigar City's Website: The Cracker Cowboys of Florida were colonial-era settlers, often of Scots-Irish descent, who arrived in Florida when Spain traded their territory of La Florida to the English. The term Cracker in Florida usage relates to the whip these “cow hunters” used to herd cattle in Florida’s Palmetto Prairies. Called Quáqueros by the Spanish, these hardy and hard working Cracker Cowboys helped to shape the history of Florida, the nation’s oldest cattle raising state. We brew Florida Cracker White ale with unmalted wheat, orange peel and coriander and then ferment it with a French Saison yeast strain to give it a spicy and dry finish. Perfect for a warm day on the Palmetto Prairie

From Beer Advocate's write up:
Brewed by:
Cigar City Brewing

Style: Witbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 5.50%

Availability: Year-round

Notes / Commercial Description:
Pours cloudy straw in color with moderate notes of orange peel, coriander and hints of vanilla. Flavor has upfront citrus with coriander notes that lead into lemon/lime like notes and finishes with citrus and flowers.

upload_2016-4-16_19-36-58.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-16_19-36-43.png
    upload_2016-4-16_19-36-43.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 22
Reaction Score
13007153_10209405090593925_204555355983130031_n.jpg

Spent a few hours at Shebeen today....this Excavator IPA was nice.....as was the bacon & peaches pie from Frank's Wood Fired Pizza. This place really comes up with some unique brews.

Reaction Score
How can your eyes not be drawn to a Cannoli Beer?

Cannoli Beer - 5.2% ABV

The ultimate dessert beer made with vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and special grains from France. Best served with powdered sugar and shaved chocolate. Heaven in a glass.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cannoli Beer - 5.2% ABV

The ultimate dessert beer made with vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and special grains from France. Best served with powdered sugar and shaved chocolate. Heaven in a glass.

Cannolis are French? Who Knew?

Reaction Score
Switchback Ale is the best all around micro brew I've found. Light beer drinkers can acquire a taste for it in a day or two and bold beer drinkers find it strong enough to be delicious but light enough to enjoy with a heavy meal. I don't know if you can even get it outside VT yet, but if you make it up there try it. By far my favorite beer. Great on a hot summer day or a cold winter night.

In Florida, Cigar City Jai Alai is out of this world. From the first time I tasted it 3-4 years ago, I have been preaching it. Chin loves it too and I noticed he really markets for them as well. Just a great beer.

Reaction Score
Favorite bar had to close locally here in Buffalo (the BlueMonk). They had so many rare beers that buses would come down from Toronto to drink here. The bar was chosen by brewers like Cantillon for their first night openings in North America. The co-owners had a fight and closed it.

Anyway, had my last few beers there yesterday, a Westbrook/Evil Twin Imperial Stout (one of the best ever) and also Two Evil Geyser Gose (collab between Two Roads and Evil Twin--not bad), and finally a WildBeer UK Sourbeest !

Bye Blue Monk:

Blue-Monk-Inside2.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm finally making it to tree house on Wednesday since I have the week off. Looking forward to trying/buying my limit on all their brews

Reaction Score
I'm finally making it to tree house on Wednesday since I have the week off. Looking forward to trying/buying my limit on all their brews

Just a heads up it will be only can sales and you will only have 2 choices

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just a heads up it will be only can sales and you will only have 2 choices
But it will be worth it. I went for the first time last week. It's literally in the middle of nowhere. I park across the street and start walking and I'm thinking this doesn't look so bad. I get to the back and there's a huge line snaking all the way around the back parking lot. I was about 15 people from the dumpster (from what I gathered the dumpster is a point of reference.) I say to no one in particular, "This is a pretty big crowd". The guy in front of me says completely unironically, "It's the best beer in the world".

Reaction Score

2 good brews available for you today. 6 can limit on alter ego and 5 can limit on haze

Reaction Score
Has anyone had a chance to try trailblazer by pioneer brewing?

Someone told me it was treehouse esque but I have a hard time believing it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom