Beer | Page 72 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Beer is always on topic. And right now, the beer of choice is Rolling Rock.
mojodog2.jpg

Reaction Score
I was at a package store near QU right around Thanksgiving. They were selling some Korean beer called "Export 33" for $1.99 a 6 and $5.00 for a case of 24. I thought "what the heck? Can't go wrong at that price it'll get drank eventually." Well I have 22 of these things in a cabinet and they may literally never get consumed. I think I'm gonna have to pawn them off on the shucks on my softball team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was at a package store near QU right around Thanksgiving. They were selling some Korean beer called "Export 33" for $1.99 a 6 and $5.00 for a case of 24. I thought "what the heck? Can't go wrong at that price it'll get drank eventually." Well I have 22 of these things in a cabinet and they may literally never get consumed. I think I'm gonna have to pawn them off on the shucks on my softball team.

Those would actually be good post game penalty beers.

Some common softball penalties

1. Striking Out
2. Getting thrown out at first on ball hit to outfield

Reaction Score
Those would actually be good post game penalty beers.

Some common softball penalties

1. Striking Out
2. Getting thrown out at first on ball hit to outfield
Like the way you think.

Reaction Score
I used to be a beer reviewer until my stomach couldn't take it anymore, but here are some local beers that are commonly reviewed as good, but taste like crap:

Southern Tier Creme Brulee
Thomas Hooker Watermelon Ale
Blue Point Oyster Stout
Dogfish Head Fort

For those of you who put PBR on this list, shame on you.

Agree on Creme Brulee. Couldnt finish it.

Surprised that anything from Doghead is on your list. Doghead takes chances and maybe isn't consistent, but on their standards, they are tough to beat. Doghead had one of their regular IPAs in the top 3 of a national blind taste test of 300 IPAs in the year.

Reaction Score
I can not believe Genny Cream Ale has shown up in this threat. That stuff is far and away my favorite cheap beer.

Infidels, the lot of you.

Reaction Score
I can not believe Genny Cream Ale has shown up in this threat. That stuff is far and away my favorite cheap beer.

Infidels, the lot of you.

That shi! was the only beer my old man kept in the house when I was in high school because as far as I could tell, it was the one beer that he was confident that even his desperate 18 year old son would not even touch. Most of his liquor cabinet was filled with expensive bottles of water by the time I turned 21 (I paid him back since); but, good old Genny Cream remained untouched.

Reaction Score
Obviously none of you have ever tried this little peach of a beer

miller-brewing-chill-beer-36885.jpg

This is Millers attempt to enter the Mexican beer market. One taste gives you the sensation of a hundred mariachi bands all throwing up in your mouth. I was at a bar where a pretty young thing was handing out sample of this swill. There were six of us and combined we couldn't manage to finish even one bottle of this stuff. I got mad and hunted down the wench that was giving the stuff away. I told her that she should be ashamed of herself. She replied that she did not care, as she was drunk, and she gave me a free Miller Chill t-shirt. I know during WWII the Germans sometimes had to get the train conductors taking the folks to the death camps drunk so they could do their job, and I noted the similarity. From two sips of this crap I got a raging headache that did not go away for days. I guess this sucker was discontinued about 2 years ago, so we can be thankful for that.

Reaction Score
Chimay. Just not a style I can endure. Tastes like fermented feet.
Blasphemy!!! Chimay blue is a personal favorite!

For me it's miller high life. Once my wife went out of town for a few days. I got a case of miller high life in the can. I drank maybe two the first night, two the next and then maybe another 2. I'm then staring at 18 more beers like how can I get rid of this before my wife comes home because drinking them didn't seem like a logically option (my want had been hounding me about drinking too much so I didn't want her to know about the beer). I ended throwing them out. Probably not as bad as miller lite and a lot of other bad beers, maybe the can made it worse? Either way not a fan

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

This stuff is only suitable for use as paint thinner or wallpaper stripping. Truly awful.

Reaction Score
This stuff is only suitable for use as paint thinner or wallpaper stripping. Truly awful.

lol the package store. First time i heard someone say that was in college, I thought they were getting their booze from the post office or something.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Fuzzy Baby Ducks is on tap at Eli Cannons

I let my buddy know. Bad News: He got there just after it kicked. Worse News: He ran into his wife's ex. His crew took the last few servings.

BTW, here's one way you know you are with the right woman. She goes to the packy for you when you are out of town and the word goes out that SoS is in stock. Like to woman in front of me in line.

Reaction Score
I'm not a big beer connoisseur. I think I know what is good and what is bad (and I don't mind some of the bad), but don't know what is "the best". I was at Stowe this weekend and a friend asked me to see if I can get him some Heady Topper. Didn't realize that was going to be such a big deal. I found a four pack in my third store after being laughed at by the owners of the first two I tried. I'm being told that was crazy lucky to find that four pack. I then had one at a restaurant in Burlington. Seems to be easier to find in restaurants. I thought it was really good, but I think some of the hype has to be the difficulty in getting it. I admit that finding the four in a bit of a scavenger hunt makes me buy into the lore.

We also went to the Magic Hat brewery while we were in the area. My wife is a huge #9 fan. The store their is cool and they'll poor you four mini beers.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not a big beer connoisseur. I think I know what is good and what is bad (and I don't mind some of the bad), but don't know what is "the best". I was at Stowe this weekend and a friend asked me to see if I can get him some Heady Topper. Didn't realize that was going to be such a big deal. I found a four pack in my third store after being laughed at by the owners of the first two I tried. I'm being told that was crazy lucky to find that four pack. I then had one at a restaurant in Burlington. Seems to be easier to find in restaurants. I thought it was really good, but I think some of the hype has to be the difficulty in getting it. I admit that finding the four in a bit of a scavenger hunt makes me buy into the lore.
Heady is much easier to get in bars/restaurants than in stores. And Focal Banger, which I prefer, is almost exclusively in restaurants and bars.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had a new IIPA from Middletown's Stubborn Beauty last night, "The Fist." I was not previously impressed with the Stubborn Beauty beers I've had, but this one is excellent imo. By far the best beer I've had from them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom