So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I had a good one last night that I picked up at the Middlebury, VT Co-op. It is a doppelbock called Kloster Andechs, from a German monastery outside Munich (I think). It was fantastic, and it only cost $2.99 for pint bottle. Next time I'm up there, I'll definitely get more.
It is indeed outside of Munich. If you ever are in that city, the brauerei is worth the trip. One night long ago, 6? 8? of us (GI's) emptied a 30L keg of that bier, not really knowing what we were in for, oh boy... It's available in Zum Garten in NYC, but it was not as I remember it. Spezial Hell (special light) is very good too, my favorite.
Lauganitas ceases brewing Brown Shugga in December, and bought all I could find the last week in January, and now the last bottle is alone in the fridge.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Boba, send me some Pliny please.
I'll mail back some tree house. Not kidding.

Reaction Score
Had a lagunitus citrusinensis ipa. Enjoyed it very much is part of their one hitter 2016 so I guess it won't be brewed again.

Reaction Score
Did anyone try Old Man by treehouse? It's an ESB not bad but not really my type of beer. Guess a lot of people grabbed them last week having no clue what a ESB was and were very disappointed. Bought 4 from a friend who was trying to get rid of them for $3/can

Kinda reminds me of Newcastle

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Did anyone try Old Man by treehouse? It's an ESB not bad but not really my type of beer. Guess a lot of people grabbed them last week having no clue what a ESB was and were very disappointed. Bought 4 from a friend who was trying to get rid of them for $3/can

1) I *love* ESB's
2) Haven't had chance to try any treehouse yet.

I will gladly take them off of your hands. :)

August_West

Reaction Score

Ive got 8 of them right now.
It is not bad, but Im not a huge ESB fan anyway, and this did nothing to convince me otherwise. The case of Green I got on the other hand...................................Incredible

Reaction Score
I've been wondering about Knee Deep after seeing it on tap at Prime 16 recently. Haven't tried it yet, but I noticed that they had a tap-takeover at Prime yesterday with several of their beers, including that one. I'll have to check it out. Haven't heard anything about it until your review.
I cracked a bottle of Knee Deep Cimtra triple IPA last night......11.25% ABV but doesn't taste too boozy. It was overall pretty darn tasty and I would recommend it. I'm not sure if it's been discussed here, but there's a new distributor that's brought some great brews to the state (Knee Deep, Singlecut). There's a lot of great brews available now and it seems like more breweries are opening every week. Everyone's pushing each other to be better and we are all spoiled because of it!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I cracked a bottle of Knee Deep Cimtra triple IPA last night.11.25% ABV but doesn't taste too boozy. It was overall pretty darn tasty and I would recommend it. I'm not sure if it's been discussed here, but there's a new distributor that's brought some great brews to the state (Knee Deep, Singlecut). There's a lot of great brews available now and it seems like more breweries are opening every week. Everyone's pushing each other to be better and we are all spoiled because of it!
I've had a few Singlecut IPAs and have liked them. I'll check out Knee Deep.

I'm headed to mecca again this weekend. Hoping to grab some of the last decent snow of the season at Sugarbush, and a lot of great beers irrespective.

August_West

Reaction Score
How about this leaflet, "Famous Jewish Sports Legends?"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Headed out tonight for a trifecta...

1) Boneyard RPM IPA
1) Boneyard Hop Venom Double IPA
1) Boneyard Notorious Triple IPA

Highly recommend to anyone visiting Bend, OR or the Portland/Seattle area.

http://boneyardbeer.com

Everybody says Boneyard is just killing it out there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Scouting Worthy Burger for a stop on our ride up to Waitsfield. Their beer menu last night:

12805801_1279959895351562_7776632044531946822_n.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Scouting Worthy Burger for a stop on our ride up to Waitsfield. Their beer menu last night:

12805801_1279959895351562_7776632044531946822_n.jpg

Oddly, I think Prospect is the choice there. Haven't had Dorothy, Conduct of Life or Carrier Mild.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oddly, I think Prospect is the choice there. Haven't had Dorothy, Conduct of Life or Carrier Mild.
I've liked what I've had from Foley Bros. and will definitely be trying that. I've had Dorothy and it's very good for the style (Saison) but it's not my favorite style. I haven't had Conduct of Life but I see that it's a 5% ABV Pale Ale made with Citra and Amarillo, so I would definitely get that as well. And I always love the Edward. Carrier Mild is a dark mild, which is probably not a style I'd order, at least not from a list like this.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I've liked what I've had from Foley Bros. and will definitely be trying that. I've had Dorothy and it's very good for the style (Saison) but it's not my favorite style. I haven't had Conduct of Life but I see that it's a 5% ABV Pale Ale made with Citra and Amarillo, so I would definitely get that as well. And I always love the Edward. Carrier Mild is a dark mild, which is probably not a style I'd order, at least not from a list like this.

Prospect is the best DIPA from Foley Bros., and both Pieces of Eight and Fair Maiden are superb. It's on par with just about anything really.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I know this will be poo-pooed by the guys who are quaffing SoS and Hills Farmstead, but i have built an NCAA-long collection of Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye, by virtue of my selective purchasing of their IPA mixed cases. It's an expensive way to do it (man do i wish they would bring Ruthless back to it's own case!), but it's my mojo contribution. It's worked before.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I know this will be poo-pooed by the guys who are quaffing SoS and Hills Farmstead, but i have built an NCAA-long collection of Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye, by virtue of my selective purchasing of their IPA mixed cases. It's an expensive way to do it (man do i wish they would bring Ruthless back to it's own case!), but it's my mojo contribution. It's worked before.

I've got a good supply of Two Roads Rye 95 in my fridge, if that helps at all.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I've got a good supply of Two Roads Rye 95 in my fridge, if that helps at all.

Not the same - it's good, but Ruthless is awesome. Rye 95 is also dangerous for mass consumption at 9.5 ABV!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom