Beer | Page 86 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I'll never forget the night I was in a bar watching the 6th game of the 1986 World Series. Just one more strike and these two old ladies were hugging, saying that after all these years, they were finally going to see the Sox win. I'm trying to pull them apart, telling them it's not over. This thread reminds me of that.

Great analogy. I was working as a bartender at a popular New Haven nightspot in October 1986. My friend and co-worker was (and still is) a diehard Red Sox fan. Before that fateful last half inning, he put a bottle of champagne on ice for his celebration of a lifetime. Then he put it back because he "didn't want to jinx it." Should have kept it on ice. Once the ball went through Buckner's legs, he went upstairs to sit in the bar office in the dark. I worked the rest of the night until closing by myself.

As a Yankee fan, I did not feel his pain that night. I will if we miss out this time around.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had a Beer'd on tap Sunday and it was pretty great. I asked the waitress and she said it was a DIPA. I forgot to stop by the bar on the way out, any idea what it was?

Reaction Score
I had a Beer'd on tap Sunday and it was pretty great. I asked the waitress and she said it was a DIPA. I forgot to stop by the bar on the way out, any idea what it was?

My guess would Dogs & Boats or Hobbit Juice

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Alright, I've got a bit of a stomach bug, but my plan was to drive up to Tree House on Wednesday to pick up some cans. I'd like to spend around $40 or so and I'm not looking for a huge variety; two, maybe three different beers is good for me. I'm thinking of getting as much Julius and King Julius as possible, but am open to suggestions. What are your favorite beers? I see they open at 12; should I plan to get there early to beat the line?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Alright, I've got a bit of a stomach bug, but my plan was to drive up to Tree House on Wednesday to pick up some cans. I'd like to spend around $40 or so and I'm not looking for a huge variety; two, maybe three different beers is good for me. I'm thinking of getting as much Julius and King Julius as possible, but am open to suggestions. What are your favorite beers? I see they open at 12; should I plan to get there early to beat the line?

I really am a fan of Green

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score

If you are going on Wednesday, my suggestion would be to buy whatever beer they are selling on Wednesday.

Not everything is available any given day.

Reaction Score

You'll be setting yourself up for disappointment if you think you'll be getting julius or king julius.

They aren't always brewed weekly and they don't release what they brewed til the day of usually.

They will only have 2 options available just check their website or Twitter the day of to find out what they are canning

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Damn. Oh well, we'll see what they've got when I get there.

Should I get there early to avoid lines?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Damn. Oh well, we'll see what they've got when I get there.

Should I get there early to avoid lines?

No, there's a big line early. I have heard you should go a bit later, like at 2-2:30.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I had the best beer bottle last night, although certainly not a contender for best beer, unless the category is "best only mildly skunked Chinese lager to match with mildly spiced double cooked leeks with pork belly in brown sauce".

Kinda tasted like if you mixed a can of Iron City with bottled Molson.

LuckyBeer.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
No, there's a big line early. I have heard you should go a bit later, like at 2-2:30.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is my wedding anniversary, so I need to be home by 2ish or it won't be a very fun night for me (Luckily, my wife has a dress fitting for a wedding in the morning which is the only reason I'm able to make this trip).

Green will be available tomorrow, and at least one more beer that will be revealed in the morning. I'm just glad I'm getting at least one of their top-shelf IPAs.

Reaction Score
I was up in Vermont recently and had all the usual local stuff. Hill's, a couple new Von Trapp beers, Alchemist offerings and others.

Green State Lager by Zero Gravity is one I'd mention if you are looking for a lighter craft beer. Delicious, but more of a "drink it all day" beer when something like Bud Light just won't do. (I'm getting to the point that I hate cheap beer). Also, great for the ladies that aren't into heavier beers. Light, refreshing but lots of flavor.

I've seen Founders All Day IPA mentioned here several times and I know it is very common these days. I'm not sure I had ever tried it before but I gave it a shot one night and it was fantastic. I am now stocking it in the fridge at all times. Perfect for summer in Florida (light enough) and in bunches during football season (heavy enough for fall, light enough to drink too many). Glad I tried it. I waited way too long.

Reaction Score
Been up in Kenebunkport, ME this week....tried Sebago Frye's Leap IPA....not too memorable....but the Banded Horn Veridian IPA (Biddeford, ME) was really tasty.

Reaction Score
I was up in Vermont recently and had all the usual local stuff. Hill's, a couple new Von Trapp beers, Alchemist offerings and others.

Green State Lager by Zero Gravity is one I'd mention if you are looking for a lighter craft beer. Delicious, but more of a "drink it all day" beer when something like Bud Light just won't do. (I'm getting to the point that I hate cheap beer). Also, great for the ladies that aren't into heavier beers. Light, refreshing but lots of flavor.

I've seen Founders All Day IPA mentioned here several times and I know it is very common these days. I'm not sure I had ever tried it before but I gave it a shot one night and it was fantastic. I am now stocking it in the fridge at all times. Perfect for summer in Florida (light enough) and in bunches during football season (heavy enough for fall, light enough to drink too many). Glad I tried it. I waited way too long.

Can't ever go wrong with anything Founders - solid brews all around. Love IPAs but Founders Porter and Breakfast Stout are AMAZING. Always choose Breakfast Stout over just about anything if available when out. IMO :)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

You buy the max amount of whatever they sell. Nobody waits for an hour and half and buys less than the full allocation. They only ever have two beers on Wednesday anyway.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You buy the max amount of whatever they sell. Nobody waits for an hour and half and buys less than the full allocation. They only ever have two beers on Wednesday anyway.

Yup, that's what I did. Got 6 cans each of Green and Bright. Parked at 12:05, was in my car driving home by 12:25. Awesome experience! Can't wait to drink it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You are now the new Tree House expert on the Yard, Rico. Congratulations!

Reaction Score
Yup, that's what I did. Got 6 cans each of Green and Bright. Parked at 12:05, was in my car driving home by 12:25. Awesome experience! Can't wait to drink it.
Wow kinda surprised. Had heard expect up to 3hr wait once there.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

The rain kept the lines down. I may need to remember that.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Wow kinda surprised. Had heard expect up to 3hr wait once there.

I think Wednesday is their slowest day, not that it's slow at all. I would imagine being can sales only helps a ton, since filling growlers takes a lot of extra time. The cans, on the other hand, are already filled and the boxes packed up. Once it was my turn, I was walking out the door with my beer 60 seconds later.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think Wednesday is their slowest day, not that it's slow at all. I would imagine being can sales only helps a ton, since filling growlers takes a lot of extra time. The cans, on the other hand, are already filled and the boxes packed up. Once it was my turn, I was walking out the door with my beer 60 seconds later.

Wednesday is probably the busiest day aside from Saturday, but it is cans only, so the line moves faster. You got lucky. I went in January in the freezing cold and the line was over an hour. If they have Julius the line is insane.

Reaction Score
Got there @ 5:30 today and missed getting green by like 3 minutes. No line, but still got bright though. I like bright, but wanted to try green. They had very green last week, but missed it.

Reaction Score
I love it. NEBCO and OEC are also-rans. Nothing to see there, folks. Everyone go to Beer'd and Steady Habits instead.
Beer'd is as good as NEBCO. The hype for Beer'd is deserving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom