Beer | Page 84 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I need to take a night or three off of drinking; but why oh why did I check the tap list at Three Sheets?!?

Kegs In The Cooler – Three Sheets New Haven

I'm sure you are aware of the Owl Shop already but they have a very good relationship with NEBCO and get a keg of fuzzy everytime its brewed (just about). Also usually have SOS in the coolers but they dont advertise it on the wall of beers that they have available.

Great place for quality beers and cigars.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm sure you are aware of the Owl Shop already but they have a very good relationship with NEBCO and get a keg of fuzzy everytime its brewed (just about). Also usually have SOS in the coolers but they dont advertise it on the wall of beers that they have available.

Great place for quality beers and cigars.
Get behind me Satan. The only thing I need less than a beer is a cigar.

But yes, I love the Owl Shop. Great live music, too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Im not a huge fan of the Double fuzzy. Its good. But not enough to get me crazy. The single on the other hand is always one of my favs
It was actually the Supernaut that had me most excited. I almost always prefer it to the Fuzzy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Im not a huge fan of the Double fuzzy. Its good. But not enough to get me crazy. The single on the other hand is always one of my favs

I had this at the Two Roads Hopfest they did a month or two back. It was delicious, but tasted almost exactly like the single Fuzzy. Didn't taste any difference.

Reaction Score
It was actually the Supernaut that had me most excited. I almost always prefer it to the Fuzzy.

Just got home from three sheets. Had never been there before and enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendations.

Food was good and had 2 fuzzy and a supernaut. Almost followed that up with a SOS but wanted to make sure I was ok to drive home since I was with the mrs.

Reaction Score
I had this at the Two Roads Hopfest they did a month or two back. It was delicious, but tasted almost exactly like the single Fuzzy. Didn't taste any difference.

Got two growlers on sat. Did not seem "double" to me. Didn't feel like a 8.2 after 2 pints of em. Seemed more like a reg FBD.

Never had supernaut. I guess Coriolis cans may be avaiable this week. Would like to try both.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just got home from three sheets. Had never been there before and enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendations.

Food was good and had 2 fuzzy and a supernaut. Almost followed that up with a SOS but wanted to make sure I was ok to drive home since I was with the mrs.
Glad you enjoyed. As you could probably tell, it's a locals spot, and there are probably a half-dozen of them who would knife me for posting about it here.

Yes, the food is good, fresh and reasonably priced. Especially the seafood.

In case you don't know the backstory, it's the spot of the original Rudy's, which was a classic Yale/neighborhood dive that morphed into a very popular beer/frites/live music joint. The owners of the building then decided to boot Rudy's and run a bar there themselves, so Rudy's moved to a new, non-divey location on Chapel Street and became more of a gastropub. Then the owners of the old location learned that it wasn't so easy to run a bar, and they put a classified in the paper offering to sell it. Two commercial fishermen who had been regulars at the old Rudy's saw the ad and decided to buy it. So...that's why they have really good, reasonably priced seafood--especially clams. Their steamers are excellent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Beer'd began canning a small amount of one offering at a time for sale at the brewery.

Reaction Score
Found some G-Bot in the cooler at a New Haven package store.

Was looking for some SOS as they always stash it in the back so people can't see it. But they put G-Bot in the cooler??? Hmmmm.

Anyhow, a store I go to in Hartford said that the demand for SOS isnt that great any more, and that he sometimes sells cases of it now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Found some G-Bot in the cooler at a New Haven package store.

Was looking for some SOS as they always stash it in the back so people can't see it. But they put G-Bot in the cooler??? Hmmmm.

Anyhow, a store I go to in Hartford said that the demand for SOS isnt that great any more, and that he sometimes sells cases of it now.
What store is that? My local only sells 2 at a time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Huh! That's who I was talking about! I guess I don't know the secret handshake.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I got some Sip a few weeks ago, the package store I go to from time to time had them out on the floor stacked in cases.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I can't remember the name, but it's in the Shoprite plaza in Southbury. There were cases stacked on the floor in the back corner where the warm beer is kept.

Reaction Score
Got one 4 pack of focal banger. Arrived just as the last case was on the counter for sale. Cool thing is that we counted what was left and made sure everyone in line at least got one. Good beer karma!

Reaction Score
having an IPA party today.....stacked line up. Will post pics and feedback of top choice later. Cheers!

8893 - late night stream og Gorge in New Haven too if around.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
having an IPA party today.....stacked line up. Will post pics and feedback of top choice later. Cheers!

8893 - late night stream og Gorge in New Haven too if around.
Thanks, Zionn. I appreciate the invite. I'm not in town tonight, but if I manage to stay awake late enough I may go for the stream myself.

Interested to see the IPA lineup and the top choice.

Reaction Score
You know, I'm starting to get spoiled. After drinking some of the great IPA stuff around here like Tree House, Trillium and Hill Farmstead I can't even enjoy "normal" craft stuff as much. Went to a Red Sox game the other day and had Goose Island IPA there and it just didn't cut it.

Fwiw, one brand one craft stuff that is relatively easily attainable in New England and has blown me away is Stone Face Brewery's IPA's specifically their Full Clip and Hopulization (dipa) if you like Juice Bomb NE IPA's. I think they're right up there. Their regular IPA is the most highly regarded, but I like the juicier style better. Better than Sea Hag IMO, and buy SOS and Bissell brothers stuff once a week.

Reaction Score
Anybody have any experience with Firefly Hollow in Bristol? I had some Charm Quark several weeks ago and it was solid. Think Captain's Daughter with the grapefruit down a notch and the bitter finish up a notch.
Scored a 4-pack trifecta just now with Up Quark, Cone Flakes and Luciferin. Just popped the Cone Flakes --huge hop bomb.
Img_4427.jpg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I love Cone Flakes. Sells out quickly at the local packy. Bobby V's has it on tap, only never when I'm there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom