So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is it proper to call quaffs such as Captain's Daughter, SOS and GBots as "brewskis"?

Reaction Score
^. Nice, will have to check it out this winter during ski trip if not before then.

Just waited 2 hrs for 6 Bright, 6 Eureka, 2L Alter Ego, and a 750 of
Doppelganger.

Was offering a case PP for the Eureka and 6 bright. Ran out of green and double Juluis growler fills. Lucky they had a little dopple left.

No more cans for holiday wknd. Had over 600 cases of eureka. 150+ in line since 4

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Had my first disappointing beer from Great Lakes ever - and that's longer than a decade. Their recently released Steady Rollin' session IPA. Just too much grapefruit to make it enjoyable. Guess I'm getting too old to appreciate the way beers have been trending lately.

I don't get to experience all that New England goodness, but Great Lakes has been my go-to almost since the day I moved here in 2002. Everything they make is in my wheelhouse as I'm not all that fond of huge ABVs (which I can get at any of the 17 microbreweries within 30 minutes of my house if so inclined).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeeeeeeeeeah, my plans changed and I was able to get down to NEBCO for some Fuzzy Baby Ducks. My all-time favorite beer.

Reaction Score
I was one person behind the last growler filled. A small tear as they erased off the board. At least I have Sip, Julius and a few Growlers of G-Bot to see me through.

Reaction Score
In San Pedro. Nothing like a really good Finisima and a bowl of crickets.

image.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The new Alchemist Brewery opened today.

BLOG | Alchemist

I went up Friday on my way to our Vermont house (out of the way actually). But turned around when the line was 2 hours. Bummed that I missed out. Got some Foley Brothers stuff though.

Reaction Score
Speaking of good beer. Is anyone else going to the Allagash Street Fair, Saturday in Portland?

Reaction Score
0702161109a-1.jpg
Spent 4 days in Baltimore's Inner Harbor area over the weekend. Checked out Fell Point and a really cool bar called Max's...102 brews on tap. Trying to upload a pic of the beer menu...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone try Made in the Shade from Broad Brook yet? Apparently it's a collaboration with Cigar City. I stopped by to get a fill but they only sell it in cans at liquor stores.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeeeeeeeeeah, my plans changed and I was able to get down to NEBCO for some Fuzzy Baby Ducks. My all-time favorite beer.
I was one person behind the last growler filled. A small tear as they erased off the board. At least I have Sip, Julius and a few Growlers of G-Bot to see me through.

If it's any consolation, it's not as good as the last batch.

Still excellent, but not transcendent. Not as much on the nose as usual imo.

Reaction Score
I went up Friday on my way to our Vermont house (out of the way actually). But turned around when the line was 2 hours. Bummed that I missed out. Got some Foley Brothers stuff though.
I'm going to try and stop on the way to Montreal. Probably sold out by the time I arrive. Any suggestions for really good beers (IPAs) easily purchased in local package stores?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm going to try and stop on the way to Montreal. Probably sold out by the time I arrive. Any suggestions for really good beers (IPAs) easily purchased in local package stores?

Yes, absolutely. The best one you may not know about is Frost beer works. Foley Brothers makes fantastic stuff if you haven't had it. I'd try stopping at the CBC in Waterbury, they have most everything. Across the street is the Prohibition Pig. Good food, very good beer. They have a brewery in back and a couple of crowlers would be my suggestion.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Prohibition Pig was great on the drive back from Burlington, plus my girlfriend got to visit her Mecca aka Ben and Jerrys. My only complaint is that I was a little underwhelmed by the portion size at PP. Probably for the best considering what I ate haha.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Personally, I'm more often disappointed than not with CBC in Waterbury. No Alchemist or Lawson's products 99.9% of the time, and obviously no HF. I used to make it a stop nonetheless because of the Citizen Cider selection, but now that Citizen is in CT I really don't have a need for that, either.

As for the restaurant food and drink options, I'm fine with Pro Pig or the Reservoir, whichever one I can get into; but given that they're often packed, I'm most often happiest at Mad Taco in Waitsfield, which I prefer to all of them.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Personally, I'm more often disappointed than not with CBC in Waterbury. No Alchemist or Lawson's products 99.9% of the time, and obviously no HF. I used to make it a stop nonetheless because of the Citizen Cider selection, but now that Citizen is in CT I really don't have a need for that, either.

As for the restaurant food and drink options, I'm fine with Pro Pig or the Reservoir, whichever one I can get into; but given that they're often packed, I'm most often happiest at Mad Taco in Waitsfield, which I prefer to all of them.

That's not their fault. I've gotten Heady there many times. It's delivered once a week, same as everyplace else that gets it. They always have Lawson's Super Session. Nobody, anywhere can sell Hill Farmstead.

CBC owners are very cool guys and won't steer you wrong. There's other great stuff there like Frost Beer Works that people may not know about.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Is it proper to call quaffs such as Captain's Daughter, SOS and GBots as "brewskis"?

If youre no sticking a key in the sip of sunshine can and shotgunning it, youre doing it wrong.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's not their fault. I've gotten Heady there many times. It's delivered once a week, same as everyplace else that gets it. They always have Lawson's Super Session. Nobody, anywhere can sell Hill Farmstead.

CBC owners are very cool guys and won't steer you wrong. There's other great stuff there like Frost Beer Works that people may not know about.
Understood about HF; that was my point in that respect. I don't ever consider buying Lawson's Super Session because I think it's wildly overpriced (and that's why it's widely available throughout the places in CT where I shop), so I agree that I've ignored that. And yes, I understand the Heady thing; my point there is exactly what you said, i.e., CBC is no different than anyplace else.

I agree that they are good guys and I've picked up a few things there as consolations, but I'm usually on the hunt for Alchemist, Lawson's (other than Super Session) and Second Fiddle and have never had luck there with respect to those. Also, I'm usually staying in Waitsfield, so I guess my overall point is that I am finding fewer and fewer reasons to make the trip to Waterbury because there are few if any things there that I can't get in Waitsfield. With HF available only on tap (other than at HF itself), I can usually find at least three different ones in Waitfield. The Reservoir is the only place I know that regularly has more, and that's why that's the spot I usually hit if and when I make the Waterbury run.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Got two growlers I'm bringing to Phish tonight.
Great show, eh? We had a blast and I loved the setlist for the most part, especially the YEM, Sand, Antelope and Lizards.

Reaction Score
Thought it was a decent show. Night before in Great Woods was killer. The Lizards was a nice touch. My 2nd one this year which is unheard of almost.

Reaction Score
Great show, eh? We had a blast and I loved the setlist for the most part, especially the YEM, Sand, Antelope and Lizards.

Were all of these species roaming free? Sounds like a nature lovers dream where is it? Beer, lizards, antelope - hope the cheetah don't find out!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom