So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Off to Vermont Labor Day weekend, hope to score some good stuff.

Just to save me some research, perhaps. Do you know any places of note in the Bennington area? Or are they all further north?

Reaction Score
Since this thread started 15 years ago I've gone from Mich Ultra to Bud Light Platinum and now Corona Light as being my go to.

Thanks for making my wheels turn! :eek:

Corona Light?? What...regular Corona was too heavy for you Mau??? ;)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just to save me some research, perhaps. Do you know any places of note in the Bennington area? Or are they all further north?

North. Really every meaningful brewery in VT is north of Rt 4. There are quite a few small breweries with good reputations in the Mass Berkshires though and perhaps across the border in NY. At least you get legalized public nudity in Bennington, that has to account for something.

In shops, if you find Frost Beer works, buy it. You will see 14th Star Tribute and it is decent (the other beers not so much). You might also see Fiddlehead, which is good stuff.

EDIT: Beer Advocate people say to try this place for a bar with good taps. Caramount Tap Room in Bennington

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not sure how much longer they'll last now that Yale is moving back in, but Prime 16 has NEBCO's Big Fuzzy Double and Supernaut on (also Weisse Trash). Had one each of the Big Fuzzy and Supernaut yesterday. Loved the Supernaut as always; thought the Big Fuzzy was very good, but a bit too boozy for my tastes. I like the regular FBD better.

Reaction Score
North. Really every meaningful brewery in VT is north of Rt 4. There are quite a few small breweries with good reputations in the Mass Berkshires though and perhaps across the border in NY. At least you get legalized public nudity in Bennington, that has to account for something.

In shops, if you find Frost Beer works, buy it. You will see 14th Star Tribute and it is decent (the other beers not so much). You might also see Fiddlehead, which is good stuff.

EDIT: Beer Advocate people say to try this place for a bar with good taps. Caramount Tap Room in Bennington

YES!...Fiddlehead....absolutely.....one of my buddies works on the road and has brought back some nice growler fills from them.

Reaction Score

I was up in that area in June/July, even north of there, and there is practically nothing around except for Von Trapp, which is a very good beer actually, but all the famous ones like Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, Lawson's etc., are not available down there, even near Rutland which is north of Bennington.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I was up in that area in June/July, even north of there, and there is practically nothing around except for Von Trapp, which is a very good beer actually, but all the famous ones like Hill Farmstead, Alchemist, Lawson's etc., are not available down there, even near Rutland which is north of Bennington.

The Von Trapp stuff is everywhere now, even in MA. They are expanding the brewery as well. Good stuff if you like German styles.

Roaring Brook in Killington, VT is likely in stores in the south of VT. 14th Star will be. Fiddlehead sometimes is. Foley Brothers is probably the best brewery that might be on shelves or on tap. I doubt Frost Beer Works has made it down there, but it's very good.

Hill Farmstead isn't in any store. Heady Topper only in a few up north, and Lawsons in even fewer stores, except Sip of Sunshine and Super Session #2 brewed at 2Roads, which has statewide distro I think.

Reaction Score
Super Supernaut: 8.5 and
Baby Gbot: 5.2 at NEBCO today. Both really good

Reaction Score
going to a picnic today w/. a rather insane line up - Baby-Bot, Hobbit Juice, Captain's Daughter, Pieces of 8 (Yum!), Trailblazer, Heady, etc......

Let you know if I make it out alive.

Reaction Score
going to a picnic today w/. a rather insane line up - Baby-Bot, Hobbit Juice, Captain's Daughter, Pieces of 8 (Yum!), Trailblazer, Heady, etc.

Let you know if I make it out alive.

NEXT :eek:

Reaction Score
In Stowe VT. Got to Alchemist early-10am. There was a line of cars and place doesn't open till 11. They decided to start selling early so all the cars could get out of other local businesses way. So I got 2 full mixed cases- Focal Banger, Crusher, n Heddy and was out the door in 30 minutes. Pumped Up

Reaction Score
In Stowe VT. Got to Alchemist early-10am. There was a line of cars and place doesn't open till 11. They decided to start selling early so all the cars could get out of other local businesses way. So I got 2 full mixed cases- Focal Banger, Crusher, n Heddy and was out the door in 30 minutes. Pumped Up

Where are you staying? I went into Idyltyme Brewing last week and was surprised at the great outdoor bar. They had a few good in house beers. I used to like the ambience in The Shed bar. When Idletyme moved in we never checked it out due to the "eclectic" menu, which we figured our kids wouldn't like. Cool spot.

Reaction Score
Anyone try Brick and Feather from MA? A friend dropped off a grower of In Absentia and it's absolutely fantastic. Juicy juicy IPA. I looked at beer advocate after finishing the growler and was pleased to find out I'm not the only who thinks it stands up to some of the best.

Great ipa.

Reaction Score
Anyone else try out Hanging Hills in Hartford? I really liked it as it has a good variety of quality beers. Love the dart boards as well and only 3 miles to home

Reaction Score
Finallt dropped in on Wormtown Brewing after dropping our daughter off at college in Worcester. IPA's are very nice.
14142018_10210548755544834_6188887137958169727_n.jpg

Reaction Score

Agree about 14th star. Picked up Tribute and their maple coffee stout when I was up getting my Alchemist haul. stout was very ordinary, Tribute was descent, but would choose firefly, Beer'd, NEBCO stuff over it. We really have some solid brews right here in good ole CT

BUT....Alchemist and Hill Farmstead are both worth a trip to VT

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Agree about 14th star. Picked up Tribute and their maple coffee stout when I was up getting my Alchemist haul. stout was very ordinary, Tribute was descent, but would choose firefly, Beer'd, NEBCO stuff over it. We really have some solid brews right here in good ole CT

BUT....Alchemist and Hill Farmstead are both worth a trip to VT

Tribute is very overrated. But if you're in southern VT, it may be the best thing on shelves..aside from Lagunitas or something (probably better honestly). The other beers from them are blah. I don't know why. Shed makes a decent IPA and the Mountain Ale is excellent in the winter.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was up in that area in June/July, even north of there, and there is practically nothing around except for Von Trapp, which is a very good beer actually,
The Von Trapp stuff is everywhere now, even in MA. They are expanding the brewery as well. Good stuff if you like German styles.
Some friends brought over a 4-pack of the Von Trapp Pilsner this weekend. I guess it's being sold in CT now. Totally agree, great representation of the style. Good summer drinker for me, as that's when I often prefer Pilsners.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Who has been there? Open Saturdays.
I have not but a good friend has several times and has shared several of their beers and ciders with me. They are truly world class imo.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Treehouse has Green and Julius cans today. I so want to head over there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom