Beer | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I just cracked open a Troegs Perpetual IPA. Hey, it's Friday. Really good...big citrus hop burst but a clean crisp finish you don't usually get with a double IPA. Liking it better than Sea Hag.
troegs-perpetual-1.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I just cracked open a Troegs Perpetual IPA. Hey, it's Friday. Really good...big citrus hop burst but a clean crisp finish you don't usually get with a double IPA. Liking it better than Sea Hag.
View attachment 9154

Thanks. Saw that a few times, but I think I was soured a bit because I wasn't a big fan of their Nugget Nectar. I'll definitely give that one a shot the next time I'm looking for a good IPA.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you talking about Misty Mounain IPA from Back East Brewing in Bloomfield??? Very good, not great. IMHO .Convenient cans though.

That has to be it

Reaction Score
Perpetual>Nugget

Also - try Green Flash ... The palet wrecker was awesome!!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Perpetual>Nugget

Had the Pallet Wrecker on tap in Shelton at Bricks and Barley, thought it was pretty good.

Reaction Score
Im not that big of a beer person outside of the typical Bud Light, Coors Light, Budweiser. But last weekend I went to the Two Roads factory in Stratford for the tour and I got to try a lot of thier beers. I was very impressed with the Workers Comp and the No Limits. What are some other good craft beers that are out there?? This is a new experience for me

Reaction Score
We have a beer thread going that has a lot of good info. I would start at the beginning.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Or, I would just ignore that thread and buy up a case of this....

King-Cobra-Premium-Malt-Liquor.png

Be careful...it'll bite ya!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Im not that big of a beer person outside of the typical Bud Light, Coors Light, Budweiser. But last weekend I went to the Two Roads factory in Stratford for the tour and I got to try a lot of thier beers. I was very impressed with the Workers Comp and the No Limits. What are some other good craft beers that are out there?? This is a new experience for me
I was there last weekend too. A couple of the people on the tour had a "head start" on the beer, not that I'm judging.

Reaction Score
Here's the thread bear is talking about, http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/best-beer.66688/. Lots of good information on there.

I'm curious how old you are. Craft beer, especially in places like New England, Colorado and the west coast has been very popular for a long time. It's especially taken off even more the last few years. So I'm curious how you could have avoided tasting good beer and getting hooked. I got hooked in 1986 on a trip to Colorado when I had some Boulder Brewing Company beers. Although it was hard to find good stuff around here (MA) then so I couldn't switch over totally to good stuff. But then Sam Adams came out right after that and I don't think I've had more than 2 or 3 adjunct beers since then.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Perpetual>Nugget

I prefer the Nugget Nectar to the Perpetual.

Wasn't crazy about Palate Wrecker, but have been enjoying the Green Flash Soul Style IPA. Used to love their West Coast IPA but it's been a long time since I've had it fresh, and I don't like it nearly as much when it's not.

Reaction Score
View attachment 9154
You can almost pick out those IIPA's by the gorgeous color. *sigh*

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Alright, flying to Florida in a few hours to spend a week on Disney. What are some good Florida or Southern-based breweries to try? I won't be going to any actual breweries, but looking to try something local while down there.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Alright, flying to Florida in a few hours to spend a week on Disney. What are some good Florida or Southern-based breweries to try? I won't be going to any actual breweries, but looking to try something local while down there.
Cigar City Jai Lai IPA in cans. Awesome.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Right now watching the Yanks with a Joker Ace Hard Cider. Light and crisp. Almost, but not quite on the dry side. Pleasant, really.

Dove

Reaction Score
Anyone up for a Saturday Social in May either at NEBCO in Woodbridge or Thimble Islands Brewery in Branford?

Or June?

Perhaps we start a thing called Second Saturday for Suds and the social is at a different brewery?

Dove

Reaction Score
@Zionn ...after each quaff you yell "NEXT!!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member