• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Meant to also add that the all day IPA is great, too. The 15-pack of cans is kind of random, but I really enjoyed that one. Another great summer beer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I saw Two Roads at a bar this weekend when we were in Newport.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Honeyspot is one of my favorite beers, but lil' heaven is the perfect summer beer in my mind. Can't wait to sit outside all day on Memorial Day drinking it out of cans.
I picked up the Two Roads 12 pack of summer beers this weekend. I'm a big fan of all the craft beers turning to cans, especially for summer patio drinking. Also scored a single Grapefruit Sculpin, actually liked the regular Sculpin better.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
8893 said:
Had dinner at Plan B in Glastonbury and really enjoyed a couple pints of Ballast Point's Habanero Sculpin IPA. Definitely has a very spicy bite, but very good balanced against the hops. This is the first I've seen of it in the state.

I love it!!!! Was drinking it last night ( green room at Pacific Standard) . It's perfect.
JeKDEwT.jpg

Reaction Score
The two roads white ipa (honeyspot - heh heh heh - is a damned fine summer beer. Their session IPA is pretty good too, but not as good as the unbelievably good Founders all day.

I'm digging black hog in a serious way right now. Easy Ryeda is a winner. I enjoyed the ginga quite a bit - De gustibus non est disputandum

I love using this thread to up my beer game. Really enjoying this Easy Ryeda I just cracked open...

On another note, recently moved, does anyone know a store with goods offerings near Wilton/Weston/Ridgefield?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Having Coronado Brewing Company's Sock Knocker Imperial IPA for the first time...pretty good. Nice and hoppy with a bit of a malt finish, but not too malty. Really the perfect amount of malt in my mind; it's a creamy finish. The aroma is also damn good. I like this one, but probably won't buy it much more considering it was around $13 for a four-pack of 12 oz bottles. Worth a pickup for hopheads though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
On another note, recently moved, does anyone know a store with goods offerings near Wilton/Weston/Ridgefield?

You are close enough to DeCicco's in Brewster, NY that you should go there and be a hero to all your beer buddies, because you can bring back a ton of great beers that you can't get in CT, including growlers.

In CT, I'm told that Total Wine in Norwalk has the best prices in the state, and a very good selection.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Had Sierra Nevada Summer on tap last night. I enjoyed it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You are close enough to DeCicco's in Brewster, NY that you should go there and be a hero to all your beer buddies, because you can bring back a ton of great beers that you can't get in CT, including growlers.

In CT, I'm told that Total Wine in Norwalk has the best prices in the state, and a very good selection.

My brother-in-law moved to Norwalk a year ago, and Total Wine is all he talks about every time I see him. Gonna have to stop in there the next time I'm down his way.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This weekend will be Del's Shandys a lot! Plus the Lil Heavens in the basement. Plus margaritas!

Reaction Score
I love using this thread to up my beer game. Really enjoying this Easy Ryeda I just cracked open...

Ancona's in Ridgefield, Georgetown Package Store in Redding, Vista Beverage in South Salem, NY.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Good to hear. Hit their brewery in Oxford, if you can.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love it!!!! Was drinking it last night ( green room at Pacific Standard) . It's perfect.
JeKDEwT.jpg
Found it on tap again yesterday, at Eli Cannon's. Tasted fantastic, again. Two things I noted though: First, I don't really get why it's a 12 oz. pour vs. 16 oz. for regular Sculpin. Same ABV. I'm sure it costs a little more, but 25%? I'd rather they give me a normal pour and charge me a little more. Second, it absolutely ruins your tastebuds for drinking anything else, so if there is another beer you want to try in the same session, have that first. I started with this and then had a Lawson's Super Session #2, which I normally enjoy. But on the heels of the Habanero Sculpin it tasted like Miller Lite. I had to go back to another Habanero Sculpin to end the session on a good note. I think the only logical next move after this beer, other than another one of the same, is a margarita.

Reaction Score
Ancona's in Ridgefield, Georgetown Package Store in Redding, Vista Beverage in South Salem, NY.

Vista Becerage. Popular place to go pick up beverages in high school ages ago. Haven't thought about that place in forever.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
I was at Little Pub in Ridgefiled last weekend, they had a Maine Beer Company Zoe, its was a dark and hearty amber ale. Awesome beer, I recommend trying it out.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
8893 said:
Found it on tap again yesterday, at Eli Cannon's. Tasted fantastic, again. Two things I noted though: First, I don't really get why it's a 12 oz. pour vs. 16 oz. for regular Sculpin. Same ABV. I'm sure it costs a little more, but 25%? I'd rather they give me a normal pour and charge me a little more. Second, it absolutely ruins your tastebuds for drinking anything else, so if there is another beer you want to try in the same session, have that first. I started with this and then had a Lawson's Super Session #2, which I normally enjoy. But on the heels of the Habanero Sculpin it tasted like Miller Lite. I had to go back to another Habanero Sculpin to end the session on a good note. I think the only logical next move after this beer, other than another one of the same, is a margarita.
yeah, I could see that . It will ruin your palate. It's really good though. I was using it to wash down som super fiery jungle curry from jeera. Was a great pairing

Curiouser
Reaction Score
yeah, I could see that . It will ruin your palate. It's really good though. I was using it to wash down som super fiery jungle curry from jeera. Was a great pairing
Jeera is pretty good. Tiny, but good.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
My brother-in-law moved to Norwalk a year ago, and Total Wine is all he talks about every time I see him. Gonna have to stop in there the next time I'm down his way.
Their beer is cheaper than usual, but everything else is normally priced. Especially liquor. They also have the cheapest kegs around, bought a keg of Natty Light for $65 every week.

Reaction Score
Honeyspot is one of my favorite beers, but lil' heaven is the perfect summer beer in my mind. Can't wait to sit outside all day on Memorial Day drinking it out of cans.
Li'l Heaven fresh at the brewery is as good as it gets.

It's not really my thing, but for a fruit beer Road Jam is extremely drinkable.

Reaction Score
Maybe not the best (although up there)...but for $3 for a 24 ounce of 7.2% beer...Sierra Nevada Torpedo extra IPA does the trick for me. (Drinking it right now)

I also like Sea hag IPA by new England brewery. I'm a sucker for IPA's...although sometimes I get sick of them, been in the mood for them lately.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
A thread promoting the Official 2nd Saturday For Suds Tour was quickly wisked to the OT board. So, if anyone is interested in New England Brewing Company on June 13 go to the OT board and give me a heads up.

Stoney Creek in July.

Reaction Score
A thread promoting the Official 2nd Saturday For Suds Tour was quickly wisked to the OT board. So, if anyone is interested in New England Brewing Company on June 13 go to the OT board and give me a heads up.

Stoney Creek in July.
According to NEB's facebook page their tasting room is closed for renovations. Better check with them that they'll be open on the 13th.

Reaction Score
This doesn't help us much here in Connecticut but the best beer I ever had was in Prague, Czech Republic. They are number one in worldwide consumption for a reason (we are 14). Actually they drink a third more than second place at 145 liters per year. We drink 77. All you see when you drive around that country is fields of hops. I asked why they grew so many beans till they told me nope that's hops. They serve it half liter and liter glasses. The liter mug is like doing curls. Urquell from the tap ( not bottle), very fresh, delicious. If they are thirsty there even at 10 am they do not drink water, they get a beer. There are breweries everywhere. German beer was good but not like this stuff. Long way to go for a brew but if ever in the area.....

Reaction Score
Dove - HAve you been to Stony Creek? Their new location on the Branford River is amazng. Huge deck...double doors that open to the deck....most restaurants would die for a location like this.....and the beer is just as good as the view. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom