So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Dove - HAve you been to Stony Creek? Their new location on the Branford River is amazng. Huge deck...double doors that open to the deck....most restaurants would die for a location like this.....and the beer is just as good as the view. :)

Haven't been there yet but website makes it look great.

Reaction Score
I had no issues finding 2 4-packs of SOS this week. You just need a heads up on general delivery dates. There had been a 3-4 weeks between deliveries this round. Beeradvocate is a great resource.

Also made a run up to Treehouse Saturday morning with the wife and was in and out with a case of Julius in seconds. Great stuff.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
In Montreal right now, fresh local Unibroue beers. They ain't serving 9% Fin du Monde in 12 oz. glasses up here. Try 24 oz. Maudite is good too.

Awesome stuff - both of them. 24oz of either one will let you know you had it, that's for sure!! :)

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Not sure if these were mentioned in the thread but Julius and Haze from treehouse brewey are some amazing IPA'S

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I've always heard that it's the one beer to have when you're having more than one.

It is really the beer for after you have had six.

I think I need a course in beer.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Tried grapefruit sculpin this weekend - dangerous dangerous stuff. Not a huge fan of the regular one (not that it's not good, just overhyped IMHO), so this was a nice surprise...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My family was able to find me a fresh 4 pack of Captain's Daughter. It was delicious! Very well done.

Nice. They (Grey Sail) just came out with a new IPA, Pour Judgment, which I tried for the first time yesterday when a friend brought it back from Rhode Island. It is also very good.

He also brought me a bottle of Maine Beer Co.'s Beer II, a heavily-hopped session ale that was really excellent.

Tried grapefruit sculpin this weekend - dangerous dangerous stuff. Not a huge fan of the regular one (not that it's not good, just overhyped IMHO), so this was a nice surprise...

Funny, I had it on tap at Prime 16 last week, but it was right on the heels of the last two pints of Fuzzy Baby Ducks, so I was less impressed by the Grapefruit Sculpin than I probably would have been otherwise. Not really a fair time to try it. I still like the Habanero Sculpin best, but I know that a lot of people are not crazy about that one.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
NEBCO is re-opening their tap room on Wednesday. Apparently there are rumors they'll have FBD, but they came right out and said it won't be on tap. They'll have Gandhi Bot and some others though. Thinking about going down there sometime soon; I still haven't visited them.

Reaction Score
Best craft beer in the state, don't just name the hop monsters, please name some tasty stouts and porter's too.

I'm lovin' Dragon's Milk, a bourbon barrel stout, New Holland Brewing. "Roasty malt character intermingled with rich vanilla tones all dancing in an oak bath." Packs a punch @ 11% :D

Reaction Score
There is a place in Stowe called Piecasso that has good NY Style pizza.
I highly recommend a weekend of Vermont brewery hopping in November. The cool air makes the heavier beers and comfort foods taste their best and nothing is crowded until the ski areas open.

Agree and I deeply miss the Shed...burgers marinated in famous Shed Brew was the best after a hard day, kickin' it, on the front four.

Reaction Score
Was at the Ski Sundown Brewfest in New Hartford Saturday. Always well run and a great time…28 breweries almost all from CT….
Tried some new brews I would recommend:

the Newcomer was Kent Falls Brewing:
Juicemaker: waymaker aged on mangos. I’m an IPA guy and loved this
Field Beer – Saison – farmhouse ale

Relic Brewing – Kate Ryn Belgian Wit (this one was new to me)

Captain Lawrence (Elmsford, NY) – IPA – Yum. Not sure of the name.

Broad Brook – Pink Dragon Wit. Once you get past the name it’s fine.

Have to give credit to Stony Creek for their moto: “Aggressively Laid-Back Beer”.
Great food from Avon Prime meats - especially their Begian Ale flavored Chicken Lolllipops.

Loved one of the quotes in the local paper – “The difference between wine and a beer fests is that the rain doesn’t keep people away from beer fests”.

Our little group even made the local paper…it must have been our fashionable pretzel necklaces.
http://www.registercitizen.com/article/20150621/NEWS/150629950

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
My family was able to find me a fresh 4 pack of Captain's Daughter. It was delicious! Very well done.
jaws_43737.jpg

"When I was a lad there was no Captain's Daughter.
A 'gansett was had by all men who were true!!"

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
jaws_43737.jpg

"When I was a lad there was no Captain's Daughter.
A 'gansett was had by all men who were true!!"
I saw that gansett brought back these classic cans this summer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Was at the Ski Sundown Brewfest in New Hartford Saturday. Always well run and a great time…28 breweries almost all from CT….
Tried some new brews I would recommend:

the Newcomer was Kent Falls Brewing:
Juicemaker: waymaker aged on mangos. I’m an IPA guy and loved this
Field Beer – Saison – farmhouse ale

Relic Brewing – Kate Ryn Belgian Wit (this one was new to me)

Captain Lawrence (Elmsford, NY) – IPA – Yum. Not sure of the name.

Broad Brook – Pink Dragon Wit. Once you get past the name it’s fine.

Have to give credit to Stony Creek for their moto: “Aggressively Laid-Back Beer”.
Great food from Avon Prime meats - especially their Begian Ale flavored Chicken Lolllipops.

Loved one of the quotes in the local paper – “The difference between wine and a beer fests is that the rain doesn’t keep people away from beer fests”.

Our little group even made the local paper…it must have been our fashionable pretzel necklaces.
http://www.registercitizen.com/article/20150621/NEWS/150629950

According to my son, Captain Lawrence is only making their regular IPA and Effortless IPA - Effortless is very light in alcohol.
They did make a Triple Hop IPA but haven't in a while

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nice. They (Grey Sail) just came out with a new IPA, Pour Judgment, which I tried for the first time yesterday when a friend brought it back from Rhode Island. It is also very good.

He also brought me a bottle of Maine Beer Co.'s Beer II, a heavily-hopped session ale that was really excellent.

Funny, I had it on tap at Prime 16 last week, but it was right on the heels of the last two pints of Fuzzy Baby Ducks, so I was less impressed by the Grapefruit Sculpin than I probably would have been otherwise. Not really a fair time to try it. I still like the Habanero Sculpin best, but I know that a lot of people are not crazy about that one.

Where did you get the Beer II?
Everything MBC makes is so quality

Reaction Score
Little Pub seems to always have at least one MBC beer on draft. Have had Peeper and A Tiny Beautiful Something in the past month. Good stuff.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Where did you get the Beer II?
Everything MBC makes is so quality
A friend brought it back from Rhode Island this weekend. I believe he found it in a package store in Wakefield. I haven't seen it here yet.

I agree about the quality of MBC's beers in general. There is a softness to them that makes them incredibly tasty and drinkable, almost like Hill Farmstead. Treehouse is right there, too, imo. I think it must have something to do with the water they use.

Reaction Score

I'm quite sure "Pour Judgement" isn't new....I was at Grey Sail with beefan when we toured some R.I. breweries last summer while doing some "research" for his wife's "Best of R.I." article....I know we tried it back then. Very nice indeed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm quite sure "Pour Judgement" isn't new....I was at Grey Sail with beefan when we toured some R.I. breweries last summer while doing some "research" for his wife's "Best of R.I." article....I know we tried it back then. Very nice indeed.
Yeah, I figured that out after I posted. Apparently it has something to do with a beer joint of the same name in Newport--perhaps connected with Grey Sail? I think it is newly-available in cans, but has been on tap at its namesake and at the brewery for a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom