• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Pssssssst!!!!!

I hear Lucky Taco on Main St. in Manchester has Sip of Sunshine on tap today.

But you didn't hear it from me.

Kelly's in New Haven has it on right now too.

Reaction Score
They are in the middle of their expansion right now. This includes a canning station,. It will also double their capacity. :cool:
Any ETA? I'm heading back home in August for a visit.

Reaction Score
I just had some Allagash Brett Ale.

Session Brett is a hazy,straw colored beer, using a pilsner and 2-Row malt blend.This beer was both brewed and dry hopped with 100% Mosaic hops. Session Brett was completely fermented in stainless with our house Brettanomyces.The finished beer has an aroma bursting with pineapple and notes of bread crust. Pineapple continues throughout the flavor with additional notes of fresh cut grass. A mild tartness in the finish is nicely balanced with a pleasant hop bitterness. 4.6% ABV

It was really good. Didn't know about the grass. Jeez.

Reaction Score
Think this is gonna be heavily influenced by age, but it's important during this "freedom" weekend.

Obviously it's one of the college three: natty keystone or Busch light. BUT I argue a counter:

Those beers are supposed to suck. But the tier above, coors bud and miller light, they suck too.

So, it's a bs adult selection: shocktop harpoon wachusett?

I personally vote Busch. Natty and keystone always seemed less desperate.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Any crappy supermarket light beer that can be found at a kegger.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
stock-footage-hairy-overweight-man-drinking-beer-and-watching-tv-high-definition-video-shot-on-blue-screen-in.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I actually have a warm spot for Genny Cream Ale, pretty good for a crappy beer, if that makes sense. Agreed, Genny light is bad.

Hahaha look at my post above

Reaction Score
Hahaha look at my post above
I saw it, really don't think its the worst. The worst beers are...
1. Meister Brau
2. Red Dog
3. Natty
4. Bud Select 55 (seriously 2.5% abv? If your going to be a crappy beer, at least have some juice)
5. Busch
6. Keystone
7. Icehouse
8. The Beast
9. Old Milwaukee
10. PBR

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Do they still brew golden anniversary? Trust me, my frat house went through every single piss water crappy thing in every list above this, but even we wouldn't touch that stuff. Yikes.

Reaction Score
Vermonters don't call it Butt-wiper for nada
(remember folks....this Bud's for you!)
Happy 4th!

Reaction Score
Made a trip up to Treehouse brewing the other day. Well worth the hype. Green is an amazing IPA. I might even like it better than Julius, SOS, and Fuzzy Baby Ducks. I also saw someone mention Mosaic hops- if you like Mosaic you have to check out Steady Habit brewing in Haddam when they have Method on- its incredible. Everything else they do is great too.

I should also mention if anyone wants to try Hill Farmstead brews without making the hike to VT Armsby Abbey in Worcester has about 4-6 lines dedicated to HF. The food is also fantastic. http://armsbyabbey.com/on-tap/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
images

But @breezy is right, these are sort of cheating. They're meant to suck.

I'm not a real fan of some overly spiced beers. Southern Tier's 2x Christmas Ale was one I'd like to forget.

Reaction Score
Don't drink anymore but these three come to mind;

Hamm's
Stroh's
Piel's

Edit: I think they were suppose to suck.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Don't know if it is still around but: Iron City.

It's still around, but it's outsold by IC Light these days. And I don't think "Ahrn" its as bad these days as its rep.

I have to go back for the 70s for these, but our "cheap supermarket beer" was Weidemann's. A typical house party would feature a case of the "good stuff" (Bud, lol), and 2-3 cases of Weide's. But there were even worse beers we couldn't stomach... Falstaff, Carling Black Label, Red White & Blue. Back then we considered Tuborg a premium import.

But the all time worst "cheap" beer was Canadian Ace. It only came in clear half gallon bottles. In 1978 or so it was $0.99.

However, the single worst beer I ever had in my life was at Ye Olde Bar and Beer Can Museum in Northampton, MA. It was from either Zimbabwe or Swaziland and came in a series of cans featuring African animals. It was a cloudy lager, like a goat with a urinary infection took a piss.

FWIW, I had a sample of a really vile nitro microbrew chocolate stout couple nights ago. Forgot the brewery though.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom